Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-15-2023, 09:13 AM   #1331
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Kyridas thinks that food is the biggest issue. He hasn't put in too much thought to the other concerns.

I think the thing Peter needs to do is convince him (or someone in Thuroma government) to send a message next time that they open a portal.

Kyridas: "I can pass that message on... But wouldn't that give them the chance to strike back and take revenge? We'll need to convince the King and Generals to take that risk. General Hysop won't like it at all."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 10:00 PM   #1332
the_matrix_walker

"You guys will have to decide what you are willing to trade for what you need, but I think some access will get you a long way without having to give up real resources of your own. We could set up an area they could have access to to see how your magic or manufacturing works and not let them wander around if you are worried about them snooping around."

Peter is happy to throw around concepts like embasy's and all inclusive resorts, and the notion of Disney World made from real magic and spring robotics...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:06 AM   #1333
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Kyridos: "Sure, selling that stuff is nice, but how do I convince General Hysop the third round of tourists won't be soldiers in disguise?"

Peter doesn't dream that night.

At breakfast, one of the priests mentions he had a portal open up in his room at about 4AM.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-16-2023, 08:56 AM   #1334
the_matrix_walker

"What if they give you control of an area on their world, and you get to check them before they pass through the portal?

"A new portal popped up, or did you have a closed one in there already?"

'this world is just coming apart at the seams...' Peter thinks...
Old 02-17-2023, 07:36 AM   #1335
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"What if they give you control of an area on their world, and you get to check them before they pass through the portal?
"I'd have to run that past the generals. I got the impression they would much rather hide from the american military than fight it."

Quote:
"A new portal popped up, or did you have a closed one in there already?"

'this world is just coming apart at the seams...' Peter thinks...
"A new portal popped up! usually they're in the middle of fields, or in back alleys, but this one is in my room!"

Old 02-19-2023, 10:44 PM   #1336
the_matrix_walker

Peter is curious to check out hte newly emerged protal and asks if he can inspect it.

He wants to see if his magic sense picks up anything different that the other portals he's encountered.

Peter is likewise curious to see where this portal leads.
Old 02-20-2023, 09:14 AM   #1337
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Wharid (guy with the portal in his room): "Yeah, you can look at it. They've got soldiers on it, but they're talking about it being good practice for anyone learning to open and close these things."

The portal seems very similar to the ones he's seen before: the same magic flow, the same "shape" to his supernatural sense.

The portal seems to be open for now. One soldier is stationed near it. Looking out of it, he sees a wide flat desert, with red soil, dead grass, a few scraggly bushes, and a four lane highway running next to railroad tracks.

Old 02-20-2023, 10:12 AM   #1338
the_matrix_walker

Can his feel for the portals give him any insight into their destination?
"What do we know? Have you seen any vehicles on the road or a train? Is this the same world as the America portals?"
Peter decides he wants to have a look around. If the guard tries to stop him, he will try and 'pull rank' with a disarming smile and says...
"I'm the Emissary, this is what I do."
If he is able to pass, he will have a look around for signs of life or anything interesting or unique.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:38 AM   #1339
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Can his feel for the portals give him any insight into their destination?
Somewhat... The Portal from the divine village to the divine realm feels different than the others. This feels like the other portals from this world to earth.

Quote:
"What do we know? Have you seen any vehicles on the road or a train? Is this the same world as the America portals?"
"I've seen cars on the road. They look American."

Quote:
Peter decides he wants to have a look around. If the guard tries to stop him, he will try and 'pull rank' with a disarming smile and says..."I'm the Emissary, this is what I do."
The guard lets him pass: he's the emissary! Nicely played.

Quote:
If he is able to pass, he will have a look around for signs of life or anything interesting or unique.
Its an interstate with a frontage road and a pair of train tracks running by it: theoretically seven vehicles could pass each other at once. As it is, the poorly paved frontage road and the tracks are empty, but a steady stream of cars and semis pass by every 10 to 30 seconds. The 18-wheelers seem to outnumber the commercial vehicles.

The vegetation is stuff he's never seen in person before: he notices a sprinkling of Cactus. Mountains poke up out of the horizon in the distance. Maybe he's in the south west united states? Could be Mexico, actually. Could he be as far north as Nevada? He can't remember if he ever read about the range of various cactus.

Kyridas was wanting him to wear "priestly" garb, he was adding "american elements" to it. I believe he is still wearing it.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:10 AM   #1340
the_matrix_walker

Peter will glance about at the scene a bit and check out the plant life to familiarize himself a bit... if he sees not people he will wander on back through the portal.

He will ask the guard and Wharid if he is still present,

"Should I try and close it? Are you guys waiting for someone to do that? What's the policy here?"

Unless given a reason not to, Peter will try to exert his magic and close the portal.

Tags
lost in dreams