Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #621
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

He can't find the place to dump the energy into. The rock doesn't seem to be connected to him anymore. Its just sits there, pouring smoke.

"Yes, you did it. Are you sure you haven't done this before? That's a very solid rock."

He takes the rock from Peter and hefts it. "Very solid. You don't meditate, do you?"

"Yes. Working with flesh is tricky. One of the reasons we compete by making animals fight rather than seeing how much rock we can make. Everyone does flesh their own way. Imagining muscles is good, but more important is visualizing how the creature behaves. What it does. What it is. There's a reason I use toads. I understand them well. Better than any other creature. Then I change them a little."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #622
the_matrix_walker

"I wonder what ever could my critter be based on..." Peter asks facetiously, "...What do you think Goliath?" He asks the big dog in lieu of an introduction.

Suddenly, something occurs to Peter..."You said people start with bread...If you eat the smoke bread, do you feel full? or do you just burp allot after?"

"I don't really meditate, no, but I spend allot of time walking around thinking about stuff... can that count?"

"Oh, I'm Peter by the way."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:43 AM   #623
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The dog, sitting patiently, gives that sort of doggy grin and perks his ears up and looks at Peter earnestly.

"Depends on how good you are. If you made it now it'd turn into smoke quickly, and you'd burp. Its harder to make bread that digests right. It can be done, but its hard."

"No, I don't think that counts"

"Avinash. Who are you here with?" The 'a's come out as 'aw's, like in awful.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #624
the_matrix_walker

Having been distracted by magic and making a friend, Peter's cleverly crafted story of being an assistant dog trainer evaporated in the face of the question.

"Pleased to meet you Ovinosh.... sorry, Avinash" Peter stumbles a bit getting through the unfamiliar name the first time...

"Uh, I'm just kinda here with my dog..."

'oh boy, what did I just say?' Peter thinks to himself.

"Honestly I just kinda wandered in here... I saw your match and thought it was really cool."

Peter's ego deflates a bit at the feeling of failure in not sticking to his great plan... oh well. Hope this doesn't mean Imma hafta run
Old 01-27-2017, 08:24 AM   #625
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The man rolls his eyes.

"If you want to be all mysterious, go ahead and keep your secret. Just being friendly."

Old 01-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #626
the_matrix_walker

"That's me, inter-dimensional man of mystery..." Peter points his index finger like a gun, "bow-denow-bow-bum-ba-na" in his imitation of the James Bond theme.

He imagines a whiff of smoke curling off his outstretched fingertip as if he had fired a gun, and blows it away with a puff of air from his cheeks...
Old 01-31-2017, 07:33 AM   #627
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Avinash smiles, and heads off, with the statement "Now just practice".

Old 02-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #628
the_matrix_walker

Feeling safe enough for the time being, Peter spends some time at the fire, partly spying on the encampment to better blend in (as well as figure out what their purpose is), and partly practicing making rocks, then trying with bread and other simple objects...
Old 02-06-2017, 08:39 AM   #629
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

They're journeying to somewhere, with a good deal of mining equipment. Or is it survey equipment?

He will stick out, just from the color of his skin. He does figure times and places he can slip in and, for example, eat, without drawing too much attention.

Practicing with the smoke is interesting. Does he do anything with these objects?

Old 02-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #630
the_matrix_walker

Peter makes blocks of various sized and tries stacking them... He plays with creating bread, and chewing it up and spitting it out as he plays with the textures.

he is tempted to create a critter, but then decides to wait until he knows more about this... He doesn't really want to create life if it will only be alive a few moments. Then he wonders if God thought that and said screw it and made mortals anyway... that one shacked him into a visible start if anyone was looking...

Tags
lost in dreams