Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Shrale

Default Dinged Books

I just got the books from my last order and the books are dinged.

The soft covers are harder to tell, but they have it too. Top Right Corner on all but Screampunk (small book). Fed Ex box is slightly dinged same place.

Ultra Tech
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...URPS_Dings.jpg

Transhuman Space
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...S_Dings001.jpg

do these qualify ? and what's your procedure on returns ? I still have my emails from W23 and Fed Ex.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Shrale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
RevBob

Default Re: Dinged Books

Now that you mention it, the two books in my last shipment were dinged in the same place. I had an "aw, shucks" reaction that I figured was a one-time incident and that I'm not personally concerned with getting fixed (especially as they were reduced-price G3e books anyway) - but if multiple people are seeing it, that might indicate something to investigate.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:44 AM   #3
john_66

I've had that also - GURPS Basic Characters, and Bio-Tech. Both have dinged corners.

However, as these books were in themselves replacements (the Basic Set for the binding problem, and Bio Tech as my original copy had some pages missing and some duplicated), I did not think it fair to actually complain about something so comparitively minor.

However, it might be indicative of a packing or courier problem that needs to be looked at...

Cheers,

John
john_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:54 AM   #4
Hex
Banned

Yours where more than dinged and if I received a book like that I'd be extremely ******. Doesn't someone notice these things when they are packaging it up for shipping? Or, is there just a hope that no one will complain? I do not consider that a minor thing...and neither should SJgames.

Contact Warehouse 13 asap and the good folk there will take care of you.
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
Shadlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex
Yours where more than dinged and if I received a book like that I'd be extremely ******. Doesn't someone notice these things when they are packaging it up for shipping? Or, is there just a hope that no one will complain? I do not consider that a minor thing...and neither should SJgames.

Contact Warehouse 13 asap and the good folk there will take care of you.
We do look for damages before packaging - but once they're packed, any dings that occur in shipping really aren't likely to be noticed until the product reaches the customer.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
Shadlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrale
Do these qualify? and what's your procedure on returns ? I still have my emails from W23 and Fed Ex.
Return procedure varies depending on the situation, but if you drop an e-mail with these details (and your order number) to orders@warehouse23.com we'd be happy to see what we can do for you.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
Shrale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadlyn
We do look for damages before packaging - but once they're packed, any dings that occur in shipping really aren't likely to be noticed until the product reaches the customer.
yeah, I'm pretty sure it occured by Fed Ex, since the box was damaged in the corner as well as the items.

the books are bad enough that if they were in a bookstore, I wouldn't have bought them (the two hardbacks). The soft covers look like "normal wear and tear" for moving those types of product.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #8
Kaldrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex
If you're looking for a finger to point, look at FedEx handlers. The sorters at many carriers are usually in such a hurry they actually throw the lighter boxes to each other over several feet. That would be more than enough force to cause a bent corner like that.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #9
Shrale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldrin
If you're looking for a finger to point, look at FedEx handlers. The sorters at many carriers are usually in such a hurry they actually throw the lighter boxes to each other over several feet. That would be more than enough force to cause a bent corner like that.
yeah, I certainly don't blame W23 or SJG. I've bought dozens of things from you guys over the years and the only issue I've ever had was GURPS Robots self destructing cover & pages falling out after a month. But I don't think that was due to mailing.

Far Future Enterprises sent me a reprint that was badly dinged (softcover) and I returned it no problem, so I assume SJG will do the same.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
Hex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldrin
But he said it after I posted my rant. Geez...time to storm FedEx....

AGAIN!
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote