Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #19
Varyon

Default Re: big brawler backup weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
To me at least the Improvised Kitchen of Doom was overwhelmingly the best answer.
Yeah, I agree this is probably thematically the most appropriate answer. Indeed, OP noted that typically "she is fine, whit [sic] whatever or whomever she can grab to defend herself," which I took to assume she was adept at turning common kitchen implements into effective weapons of self-defense. But OP wanted a dedicated weapon she would also have on hand, and in that case I think the first response nailed it with the tonfa. Optionally, make it out of metal instead of wood to enhance its durability. Iron is generally around 10x as heavy as wood (I used oak as a reference, as I think that's what a lot of traditional tonfas are made of). I believe tonfas have MinST 6, and ST 20 is a bit over 10x as strong as ST 6, so she could get away with using a (pair of) full-size metal tonfa (although to make it more wieldy, she may want to make it a bit thinner, so she can use it as well as an ST 10 character uses a normal tonfa rather than as well as an ST 6 character does). Of course, if using the optional rules from A Matter of Inches, keeping them made of wood and at MinST 6 may be more worthwhile.

Tags
brawling, low-tech, martial arts, tonfa