Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-22-2020, 02:07 AM   #1
Scormey

Default In Nomine, solo?

So, for various reasons (pandemic and so forth), I've been doing a lot of solo roleplaying of late, mostly using the Mythic GM Emulator system overlaid on regular RPGs. I'm considering giving In Nomine a go in this manner, but I'm not sure how well it would play out. I've owned the game for years, but could never get my players to give it a try, so I'm wondering how well a solo player would do in this game.

Thoughts?
Scormey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #2
thorr-kan

Default Re: In Nomine, solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scormey View Post
So, for various reasons (pandemic and so forth), I've been doing a lot of solo roleplaying of late, mostly using the Mythic GM Emulator system overlaid on regular RPGs. I'm considering giving In Nomine a go in this manner, but I'm not sure how well it would play out. I've owned the game for years, but could never get my players to give it a try, so I'm wondering how well a solo player would do in this game.

Thoughts?
Having never actually played, except for one character in a cross-over game, I don't have a lot to offer.

Having said that, and in the interests of curiosity...the Revelations Cycle would be nigh-impossible solo. But some of the PDF adventures from Warehouse 23 could be run solo: City on Fire and Strange Bedfellows might be the easiest. A lot of the adventure stubs from the Superiors books could be solo runs.

Or you could generate an entire party and solo the whole party as a character. That might give you some more options.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote