Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #1181
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Do Daymar and Hua want their names kept secret?
Yes

Quote:
The man sighs, then peers at Daymar, and says in a whisper: "we're trying to take this ship, right? what do you want me to do?"
Daymar responds, "Who is your buddy? Keep an eye on them, or anyone else who looks like they're trying to leave the room."

Quote:
"Of course. How long do you need?"
"Just five minutes, then I'll run through everyone on this shift again. Meanwhile, please consider how best to get the remaining security shift onboard."
Old 01-26-2022, 05:24 AM   #1182
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
No, she's talking to him just like the other day. If she had her powers on, her true persona would be revealed.
except that she's telling him that two sections of security gaurds have been compromised and she got into the officer's quarters because of those security guards being with her.

If she doesn't use their access, and just says she has something important to say, she's going to get Zybo rather than Vinobi, because Zybo actually likes her, trusts her, and is awake, while Vinobi is asleep, is unsure if she is a dreadstormer or not, and dislikes her because she makes his life more difficult trying to figure out what she's saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar responds, "Who is your buddy? Keep an eye on them, or anyone else who looks like they're trying to leave the room."
He does so, and the job is finished.

Quote:
"Just five minutes, then I'll run through everyone on this shift again. Meanwhile, please consider how best to get the remaining security shift onboard."
At the end of the five minutes, Sargent Pookivo says the best way to get security all in one place is to...

Spoiler:  

I mean, I don't want to tell you how to run your assult, so I'm putting his ideas in spoilers. you can use it if you want.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 01-26-2022 at 05:49 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:46 PM   #1183
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

He does so, and the job is finished.

At the end of the five minutes, Sargent Pookivo says the best way to get security all in one place is to...

Spoiler:  

I mean, I don't want to tell you how to run your assult, so I'm putting his ideas in spoilers. you can use it if you want.
Thanks. Daymar is going to repeat his Mental Surgery on the second shift (with the exception of the guy who already got a repeat performance).

[788] 22-01-26 22:38:53 CET

Mental Surgery repeat, All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 4 + 1 + 5 = 10 ... success
2: 1 + 5 + 1 = 7 ... success
3: 3 + 5 + 4 = 12 ... success
4: 3 + 2 + 3 = 8 ... success
5: 6 + 3 + 6 = 15 ... success
6: 5 + 3 + 6 = 14 ... success
7: 2 + 1 + 2 = 5 ... success
8: 6 + 5 + 5 = 16 ... success
9: 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 ... success
10: 6 + 6 + 5 = 17 ... failure
11: 6 + 5 + 4 = 15 ... success
12: 3 + 5 + 4 = 12 ... success
13: 1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
14: 5 + 2 + 4 = 11 ... success
15: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7 ... success
16: 3 + 3 + 4 = 10 ... success
17: 6 + 3 + 1 = 10 ... success
18: 6 + 5 + 1 = 12 ... success
19: 3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success
20: 2 + 2 + 3 = 7 ... success
21: 5 + 3 + 3 = 11 ... success
22: 2 + 5 + 6 = 13 ... success
23: 4 + 3 + 1 = 8 ... success
24: 6 + 1 + 4 = 11 ... success
25: 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 ... success
26: 5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success
27: 5 + 1 + 5 = 11 ... success

With one failure (non critical, at least) and four narrow successes, I still can't say with absolute confidence that everyone is on board, but it will have to do.

Since I believe Hua has joined us in the bunkroom, Daymar is going to consult with her before moving on. "We now have two shifts of security on-board plus the prisoners you freed. We need to decide whether to begin trying to take the ship with the crew we have onboard, or wait to try to also get the third security shift on duty now. What do you think?"
Old 01-26-2022, 03:11 PM   #1184
TGLS

Quote:
"We now have two shifts of security on-board plus the prisoners you freed. We need to decide whether to begin trying to take the ship with the crew we have onboard, or wait to try to also get the third security shift on duty now. What do you think?"
Hua looks moderately impressed:
"Given my original plan was having the first shift massacre the second... Well I'd say we're way ahead of where I thought we'd be right now. I think we could do it with two shifts. But if we could get the third, then all the better."

I was going to say that I left two of the security guards on the third shift in the brig, so we should go get them next, but I just realized I didn't actually say what was to happen to those two guards.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:57 AM   #1185
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hua looks moderately impressed:
"Given my original plan was having the first shift massacre the second... Well I'd say we're way ahead of where I thought we'd be right now. I think we could do it with two shifts. But if we could get the third, then all the better."

I was going to say that I left two of the security guards on the third shift in the brig, so we should go get them next, but I just realized I didn't actually say what was to happen to those two guards.
"I'm wondering about "defeat in detail" - with our numbers, and knowledge of where the security is likely to be stationed, we could have overwhelming numbers of our security approach each pair, and then allow me to convert them. The thing we risk there is the other non-security crew catching onto it. But, if we do it mid-shift, most people will be at their work stations, reducing the risk. What do you think?"

@ericthered: What time is it now? How much time is left in the current shift, and where are the shifts we have expected to be?
Old 01-27-2022, 04:24 AM   #1186
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Sir, I just found an uprising will take place soon. You know I have been investigating this matter for a while; I think you must prepare… also, your opinion is important.

She tells Vinobi everything about the plan: Names, places, timings and numbers. If Daymar and Hua's name were kept secret, she keeps their names secret.
"I'll let the others know. Are any officer's involved in this plan?"

Quote:
Thanks. Daymar is going to repeat his Mental Surgery on the second shift (with the exception of the guy who already got a repeat performance).
Noted and processed. No one fights back.

Quote:
You can specify where are all the guards that you worked with (either defeating or taking with you) are right now.

Quote:
@ericthered: What time is it now? How much time is left in the current shift, and where are the shifts we have expected to be?
You're about two and a half hours into the shift. Pacifica has duties at four hours into the shift. Hua is supposed to be asleep. Pacifica and Daymar have their off time right now.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 01-28-2022 at 05:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:50 PM   #1187
TGLS

Quote:
You can specify where are all the guards that you worked with (either defeating or taking with you) are right now.
OK. I'll say I cuffed the defeated ones up and brought them along, while leaving the guards I brought along behind in case someone comes over. If anyone recognizes they aren't they right shift, I'll tell them to say "Some officer thinks they saw something suspicious and we got yanked off of our break." Or something like that.
Quote:
"I'm wondering about "defeat in detail" - with our numbers, and knowledge of where the security is likely to be stationed, we could have overwhelming numbers of our security approach each pair, and then allow me to convert them. The thing we risk there is the other non-security crew catching onto it. But, if we do it mid-shift, most people will be at their work stations, reducing the risk. What do you think?"
"I dunno. There always seems to be lots of people walking around. Maybe you should wait until you can catch them off guard while they sleep or something. On the other hand if you're ready to proceed with the capture of the ship, I think we should be fine as long as you're ready to switch over to entirely combat operations."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:52 AM   #1188
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

"I dunno. There always seems to be lots of people walking around. Maybe you should wait until you can catch them off guard while they sleep or something. On the other hand if you're ready to proceed with the capture of the ship, I think we should be fine as long as you're ready to switch over to entirely combat operations."
"We are at or close to the point of no return here. As soon as someone twigs to the prison-break, the whole ship is going on alert. I'm not sure we can afford to wait another 8, 10, 12 hours to take the last security shift all at once. So, let's take it over. We've got close to 60 security personnel, and few other people on the ship are armed.

One concern is whether there is a self-destruct the Captain can trigger if he fears his ship is being taken. We've got to take the bridge in pretty short order.
"
Old 01-28-2022, 05:50 PM   #1189
Hide

Quote:
"I'll let the others know. Are any officer's involved in this plan?"
Pacifica tells him as much as she knows about the people involved in the recent meeting, she gives him the names of the people she saw. She also shares the names of the subverted officers that weren't there, but share the floor with Vinobi.

She also adds the remarks made by the security members moments ago, hoping it helps improve their plans.

I'm sure this is nothing for you, sir.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:36 AM   #1190
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Pacifica tells him as much as she knows about the people involved in the recent meeting, she gives him the names of the people she saw. She also shares the names of the subverted officers that weren't there, but share the floor with Vinobi.

She also adds the remarks made by the security members moments ago, hoping it helps improve their plans.

I'm sure this is nothing for you, sir.

If I understand correctly, the officers are just providing backup if something goes wrong? Or did you folks never specify?