Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-30-2014, 01:58 AM   #11
Verjigorm

Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?
Default Re: [DF] Ideas for an Air Elemental Worthy/Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ladder View Post
You could have the room be an area with suspended rope bridges or swing platforms which are going ot be constantly buffeted by Air Blasts (Cones of No Wounding and Double knockback) or the Air Boss moving through them and “grappling” them and throwing them off the platforms. This could result in the PCs falling, having to make acrobatic / DX checks to stay on the platforms and require them to think of clever ways to move around and engage the boss. Falling is either annoying ( the PC is out of the fight for a few turns) or lethal (falling damage and the PC is out of the fight for a few rounds).

I was always a fan of Air Elementals sucking the breath out of PCs (Affliction: Suffocation +75%, see hazardous conditions? IDHMBWM), or the air in the general area. Basically this gives a -1 to FP every round and puts a clock on the PCs to defeat the boss.
I like this, though I would change the rope bridges to an open area that has many pillars of a spikey cage matrix. The elemental can use pushes to ram people into spikes, and if beset can retreat to inside the spikes to get away from melee combatants. OR, why not both?

Tags
dungeon fantasy, gm advice