Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2021, 12:43 PM   #911
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Feeling tired after his efforts with Tuputu, he says to Tuchorbo, "You know, watching a vid with Kivu is starting to sound good. I'm feeling tired all of a sudden, I think I'd like to head back. You probably want to stick around though, right? I won't tell anyone you're out without a buddy, if you'll do the same for me. Just latch onto one of these other groups, no one will know the difference."

This works-- due mostly to the large margin of success (watsonian) and some quick switching up of partners (doyalist). Daymar and Hua meet up to go "Hunting" at the spy spot.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:49 AM   #912
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
This works-- due mostly to the large margin of success (watsonian) and some quick switching up of partners (doyalist). Daymar and Hua meet up to go "Hunting" at the spy spot.
"All right, do you have a plan as to how we go about this? If you can get me close enough unobserved, I don't even need contact with a guard, I can just "suggest" he drop his key somewhere convenient, and forget he's done so."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:02 AM   #913
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica is also ready to jump with a countermeasure if she receives the team’s “signal”.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:29 PM   #914
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"All right, do you have a plan as to how we go about this? If you can get me close enough unobserved, I don't even need contact with a guard, I can just "suggest" he drop his key somewhere convenient, and forget he's done so."
"That was basically what I was thinking. The tricky part would be waiting until a security guard without a buddy approaches, I think. Make sure to stay in the meter radius of me so you can hide in the refracted area too."

Rolls:
-> Stealth and Photorefraction to hide
-> Observation to find a lone security officer
Quote:
[622] 21-09-13 06:28:31 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
[621] 21-09-13 06:27:38 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
[620] 21-09-13 06:27:27 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 5 + 1 = 12 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #915
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica is also ready to jump with a countermeasure if she receives the team’s “signal”.

a "countermeasure". LOL.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"That was basically what I was thinking. The tricky part would be waiting until a security guard without a buddy approaches, I think. Make sure to stay in the meter radius of me so you can hide in the refracted area too."

Rolls:
-> Stealth and Photorefraction to hide
-> Observation to find a lone security officer
What part of the ship will you be hunting?

You are able to find a security guard who is waiting outside the washroom for their buddy.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:03 PM   #916
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You are able to find a security guard who is waiting outside the washroom for their buddy.
Daymar goes with Hua, and tries to get them both as close as possible. He will then use Suggestion with the Amnesia technique (2 FP) to convince the guard to walk a few steps away from the washroom, drop their key, and then resume waiting.

[623] 21-09-14 01:01:45 CEST

Stealth

3d6 <= 14
4 + 2 + 4 = 10 ... success

[624] 21-09-14 01:03:15 CEST

Suggestion (Amnesia)

3d6 <= 15
2 + 3 + 5 = 10 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:08 PM   #917
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What part of the ship will you be hunting?
I'll give Gnomes three choices:
1) We enter the security section/armory area and hunt there. It would probably be a quick, and we could switch over to a brainwashing strategy there too.
2) We hunt nearby where Daymar needs to return too. Would be a swift return trip.
3) We head over to the brig area, so I can case it at the same time.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:23 PM   #918
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll give Gnomes three choices:
1) We enter the security section/armory area and hunt there. It would probably be a quick, and we could switch over to a brainwashing strategy there too.
2) We hunt nearby where Daymar needs to return too. Would be a swift return trip.
3) We head over to the brig area, so I can case it at the same time.
I think 2) would be best. Daymar is down 6 FP from this trick and his earlier activities, so he is definitely feeling it. He is open to making arrangements to meet up again the next day.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:54 AM   #919
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The two of you have a key...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:35 PM   #920
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The two of you have a key...
Cool, I'll deliver Daymar to somewhere he can reappear inconspicously, take the key down the hiding place, then return to sleep.
Quote:
[626] 21-09-14 22:35:04 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 1 + 2 + 5 = 8 ... success
[625] 21-09-14 22:34:56 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15 : 4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.