Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-12-2022, 05:16 PM   #1551
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You can see a livid anger on his face as he obeys. He knows what you're doing to him, and he doesn't like it, but he has no choice.
(OCC: the description for the Rationalization modifier says that, "...The subject remembers everything he did, but he is convinced that he chose to do so", so does he know what I'm doing to him?)

Daymar will grasp his hands clasped behind his head before releasing Suggestion and following up with Mental Surgery. He is not doing All-Out Concentrate in case he needs to defend himself.

[1112] 22-08-13 01:15:53 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanatcism, El Quinta Republica)

3d6 <= 15
3 + 2 + 3 = 8 ... success
Old 08-14-2022, 04:55 PM   #1552
Hide

Quote:
There are two people prone and breathing but not moving. One of them is draped over what you presume is the bomb. You think that one's Zybo.
Pacifica whispers to her allies about these people, she tells them to prepare for a potential ambush and the “oxygen flush” technique (including other potential threats she learnt about from the people in the ship). She fetches Lt. Nichapu to check/disarm the bomb and instructs the group to have at least 4 men guard each of the two access doors.

If Zybo´s injured she stabilizes him using first aid (13) 8.

You will be fine Sir, stand up and fight, we are not up for mercy killing. They betrayed you, but you will be safe for now, these men just came back to their senses.

She shoots the other man in cold blood.

Using her mental map of the ship and her previous knowledge about its vulnerable areas, she makes some preparations to deliver another tactic, for which she is thinks carefully (take extra time). First, she makes use of stealth (15) 9 to hide/cover herself as she prepares her move (gun ready). Then, using Navigation (12) 8, she thinks of the most likely paths the enemy group could take to circle the area to defend the bomb, or to escape. Finally, she delivers the tactic (7+2) 9 (using luck) to lead the next attack.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:53 AM   #1553
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well now... I'm going to go looking for a crowbar with extra time then. I'm in no hurry to get to the morale area, and getting something I can reuse to deal with this door sealing issue is probably the best way forward.

OK, now let's bust through that door:

Wubbly.
Crowbars aren't terribly hard to find. Simply breaking through doesn't seem to be an option though: you need to use a drill and some more fineese than just a crowbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
(OCC: the description for the Rationalization modifier says that, "...The subject remembers everything he did, but he is convinced that he chose to do so", so does he know what I'm doing to him?)
He knows. He knows the dreadstormers have a telepath, he's seen you do it, he's felt you fail to do it to him.

Quote:
Daymar will grasp his hands clasped behind his head before releasing Suggestion and following up with Mental Surgery. He is not doing All-Out Concentrate in case he needs to defend himself.
The man seems to take it. Slowly. Reluctantly. "You're a monster. I'll stop trying to this war. And keep this ship up and working."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post

If Zybo´s injured she stabilizes him using first aid (13) 8.

You will be fine Sir, stand up and fight, we are not up for mercy killing. They betrayed you, but you will be safe for now, these men just came back to their senses.

She shoots the other man in cold blood.
Zybo is draped over the bomb, with his fingers on an armed detonation button.

"I can't move fast enough. Leave me. I'm going to make sure no one disarms the bomb, and blow it up if the dreadstormers come. Get to the aft of floor 18 as quickly as you can, so you can survive the blast. You can't hold them off long."

Pacifica puts an extra few bullets into Tutuna on the ground to make sure she is dead.

Quote:

Using her mental map of the ship and her previous knowledge about its vulnerable areas, she makes some preparations to deliver another tactic, for which she is thinks carefully (take extra time). First, she makes use of stealth (15) 9 to hide/cover herself as she prepares her move (gun ready). Then, using Navigation (12) 8, she thinks of the most likely paths the enemy group could take to circle the area to defend the bomb, or to escape. Finally, she delivers the tactic (7+2) 9 (using luck) to lead the next attack.
So her goal is to capture the four men who ran away from the bomb?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 01:33 PM   #1554
TGLS

Quote:
Crowbars aren't terribly hard to find. Simply breaking through doesn't seem to be an option though: you need to use a drill and some more fineese than just a crowbar.
And here I thought the bar would be broken

I don't suppose I can find a drill just anywhere. I'll just find a way around the locked compartment, and proceed with dealing with the morale section.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:29 PM   #1555
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
The man seems to take it. Slowly. Reluctantly. "You're a monster. I'll stop trying to this war. And keep this ship up and working."
(OOC: I suspect there is a missing word in "I'll stop trying to...this war.")

Regardless of the man hating his guts, he seems to be on-side now. Daymar is going to take a careful look at the others to see if anyone else has managed to resist control.

[1119] 22-08-22 22:29:32 CEST

Perception

3d6 <= 14
4 + 2 + 2 = 8 ... success
Old 08-22-2022, 03:45 PM   #1556
Hide

Quote:
(...) Zybo is draped over the bomb, with his fingers on an armed detonation button (...) So her goal is to capture the four men who ran away from the bomb?
The Dreadstormer unit chase the escapees, while the "clean" guys and Pacifica stay with Zybo.

This is not a problem at all, these (2) men can take you to safety, you are an important figure in this ship and for The Empire; you must survive. Reinforcements are coming this way, and we can get things done without risking you, sir.

She tells the men to wait at the command center, where she could use Zybo’s authority to help the Dreadstormers. Once Zybo is away, she will ask for help to defuse the bomb (her ally is playing dead, as planned).

Pacifica does some acting (15) 14 to improve her fast-talking (13+1) 11.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:58 AM   #1557
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I don't suppose I can find a drill just anywhere. I'll just find a way around the locked compartment, and proceed with dealing with the morale section.
They're generally in specific places, and those places tend to have people. Engineering sections and the quarter master* are the most likely.

*The quarter master is on the other side of the locked doors...

Hua tries another three doors, and find they have all been locked. Like someone is intentionally walling off the rear of the ship. The line is between blocks D and E

Quote:
(OOC: I suspect there is a missing word in "I'll stop trying to...this war.")
you are correct: the missing word is "fight".

Quote:
Regardless of the man hating his guts, he seems to be on-side now. Daymar is going to take a careful look at the others to see if anyone else has managed to resist control.
His inspection seems to indicate no additional misses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
The Dreadstormer unit chase the escapees, while the "clean" guys and Pacifica stay with Zybo.
The force gives chase.

Quote:
This is not a problem at all, these (2) men can take you to safety, you are an important figure in this ship and for The Empire; you must survive. Reinforcements are coming this way, and we can get things done without risking you, sir.

She tells the men to wait at the command center, where she could use Zybo’s authority to help the Dreadstormers. Once Zybo is away, she will ask for help to defuse the bomb (her ally is playing dead, as planned).

Pacifica does some acting (15) 14 to improve her fast-talking (13+1) 11.
Zybo makes Pacifica swear that someone will stay behind to blow up the bomb. Then two men carry him up towards the rear command center.

Nichapu easily disarms the bomb.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #1558
TGLS

Quote:
They're generally in specific places, and those places tend to have people. Engineering sections and the quarter master* are the most likely.

*The quarter master is on the other side of the locked doors...

Hua tries another three doors, and find they have all been locked. Like someone is intentionally walling off the rear of the ship. The line is between blocks D and E.
So the line cuts right through the compartment I want to get through... OK, are the doors to the warp core area sealed too? Maybe I could slip in there and check out that area. Failing that we could just take the long way around through the vehicle bay, and form up with Daymar. We could probably get drills there.

Stealth, Photorefraction, and Observation rolls to reconnoiter either the warp core area or the vehicle bay (preference to warp core).
Quote:
[49] 22-08-23 18:58:14 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
5 + 2 + 4 = 11 ... success
[48] 22-08-23 18:57:55 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 4 = 11 ... success
[47] 22-08-23 18:57:48 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 1 = 10 ... success
Sorry, I did this in Julian's dice log
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:28 PM   #1559
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
His inspection seems to indicate no additional misses.
Okay, a couple of questions before Daymar figures out what to do next:
Is the overload now under control?
Are there other prisoners in this section he has not yet converted?
Old 08-23-2022, 02:36 PM   #1560
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Is the overload now under control?
overload? you mean the reactor?

Quote:
Are there other prisoners in this section he has not yet converted?
Yeah, I think there are still about 30.