Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
SowelBlack

Default Take the RPG Blog Readership Survey

You can now take the RPG Blog Readership Survey by following this link: http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-su...NLJOJ_6cc605e2

It is anonymous and you don't need to register. I'm trying to get as wide a variety of responses as possible.

The survey is designed to be useful for all blog writers, not just for the blog writers who helped create questions. I'll be posting updates on the results regularly so everyone can benefit (other blog writers as well as others in the RPG industry) at: http://www.inkwellideas.com

(The first 150 responses are already posted.)

Those who take the survey are helping blog writers to understand what is important to blog readers. Hopefully, by taking the survey, you're helping to improve what you'll be reading in the future. Also, I don't think any blog writer isn't also a reader, so blog writers should take the survey as well.

The survey is 25 questions long, but a few of those are text boxes that allow you to specify what "other" means for the previous question. Most of the questions are multiple choice, and in most cases you can check more than one answer.

Because GenCon is now, I plan to run this survey through August 23rd, although that plan could change.

If you have a blog or if you're a regular on another RPG forum where this hasn't been posted, please post consider a post about the survey. Obviously the more people who take the survey, the better the results.
SowelBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Anders

Default Re: Take the RPG Blog Readership Survey

Is this spam? I reported it, and let the moderators deal with it.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
SowelBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
Is this spam? I reported it, and let the moderators deal with it.
I hope not. I'm not an active GURPS player so I hadn't registered before. But I think the results of the survey will be more useful (for other RPG blog writers especially) if a wide variety of gamers that play more than just various versions of D&D are included.
SowelBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Icelander

It appears to be a person and asking RPG players to take a survey about their Internet reading habits on the Internets appears to be a perfectly valid request.

I say it's fine. And I took the survey, though I am probably not the primary demographic, as I rarely read blogs of any kind, unless they turn up on a search engine when I'm looking for data on something.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
sgtcallistan

Took the survey, and, like icelander, am not in their target demographic and commented so.
Also they don't list CoC as an rpg.
sgtcallistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:45 AM   #6
Anders

It seems the Powers that Be find it fine. Praise Kromm! Praise the Lord!

Tags
blog, survey