Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #161
ClayDowling

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy, Action!, Monster Hunters... what other like that would you like?

The Musketeers book you're thinking of is GURPS Swashbucklers. It's decent, and notable because it contains an early draft of martial arts styles. If I were to play it now I'd steal the character concepts, acquire some second hand swashes and use the styles from Martial Arts.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #162
pieclone

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy, Action!, Monster Hunters... what other like that would you like?

I have 3e Swashbucklers and it's a great book that, imo, warrants further expansion to cover a wider period from the mid 16th up to the end of the the 17th. I would say that however as I'm currently running a game from 1570 and am sticking doggedly to a real world timeline and this would make my life much easier.

GURPS Madness Dossier is probably top of my wish list of non-crunchy books and has been since I bought 3e Horror - I riffed off it myself with a whole lot of cinematic martial arts and gun fu (before we even had the book) and it's a phenomenal setting that warrants several different lenses from realistic hidden-magic/technothriller all the way through to a balls out action fest.

I'd love to see that as a series but it may be a bit too dark in comparison to Action! MH! or DF!

(I think I may have gone too far with my cinematic Madness Project when I introduced 900lb power armour covered in "I'm not here" glyphs going up against Irruptors in London town and then made Thom Yorke from Radiohead a high ranking member of the Project Sandman team whose musical influence was designed to suppress Sedu activities. My players of course then immediately starting trying to work out which musicians were Sedu dupes and which were not).
pieclone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dungeon fantasy, monster hunters