Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #21
SCAR

Default Re: [MH] A character archetype I feel is kinda missing - infiltrator batman type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Goblin View Post
These being that he's adept at moving through night and difficult terrain, that he's fighty but has to rely on suprise and gadgetry and that he tends towards being 'well rounded'.

That lone-wolf characters make no sense in MH is a very fair point, however there are lone-wolves who simply have a fun shtick that I'd like to reduce to a party member character. Being nimble, prepared and using exotic weapons is definitely that.
Sounds very much like a Ninja, perhaps there is some inspiration there? (I don't own DF12 so I can't be more specific).
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #22
pawsplay

Default Re: [MH] A character archetype I feel is kinda missing - infiltrator batman type

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmesJainchill View Post
Really? A JLA campaign?

IMO, there's only so much you can do with Luck, Serendipity, etc. to avoid being smashed by fugitive-hunting alien ultra-robots, ripped apart by gene-engineered pack-hunting cold-blooded bio-weapons, or destroyed by the focused psychic force beams of a sentient energy pattern-crystal structure.
Ah, but you use Superman as bait.
pawsplay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #23
Luke Bunyip

Move!

Is this described somewhere? I cannot find it in BS or MA. Am happy to wing it, but if it has be defined, would like to go with that.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #24
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawsplay View Post
Ah, but you use Superman as bait.

JLA: New World Order
, eh? "But he's just a man!"
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #25
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Goblin View Post
Thanks a lot for the help so far.
First thing first - I certainly don't mean for the character to *be* Batman in anyway. I gave Batman as the example so to show what kind of approach and attitude the character should have, scaled down to that of a 400 point member-of-a-team size. These being that he's adept at moving through night and difficult terrain, that he's fighty but has to rely on suprise and gadgetry and that he tends towards being 'well rounded'.
Actually sounds a little more like Leon the Professional using more in the way of gadgets because they're needed against monsters. He's a textbook case of the Ghostly Movement version of Warp from GURPS Horror, which I might give such a character instead of Move!, actually.

Come to think of it, Ken Hite really made Batman more workable with that writeup, too... that's the exact trick he uses to cheese Gordon off, isn't it?
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monster hunters