Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
Solobyrd

Default Cleric Resurrection

I really dont understand the ability of clerics and using the ability on kicking open the door and having 1 card in hand how does it work in that kind of scenario please help do they get the top card or any card and does that go to your hand or is it their new door?
Solobyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Solobyrd

Default Re: Cleric Resurrection

Nvm guys as i now understand it the cleric can use resurrection on kick open the door they pick 1 of those doors in the discard pile and then play the chosen card it becomes their door and then they discard a card from their hand to power the resurrection and their turn goes on from there. And if used during help with treasures they may draw up to as many treasures from the treasure discards as long as they can discard per card they took from the pile and then pull face up remainder treasures from the deck is this correct? An answer from the moderator or Czar would really help me in this
Old 09-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Clipper

Yes, that's correct. Your description agrees with the previous rulings we've been given by Erik and Andrew. Here's one that describes it very concisely.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Solobyrd

So do they get to pick the discard or draw off the top of the discard pile? Just to clarify
Old 09-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
DoomedDuck

Off the top of the discard pile.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
bstanley52

As a newbie I am still uncertain WHEN a Cleric would want to use this ability. Obviously you can only use it after you've been helped in combat. But we play with the discards face down. So the idea is that you should be remembering the cards well enough to want to do this? It seems like a less useful skill (since you must be drawing face-up) then say the discard-using skills of the Thief, Wizard, or Warrior...

Thoughts?
bstanley52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleric, kick, open, resurrection