Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
ladyarcana55

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

For the first time the safari girl speaks

"I may have an idea on where to start. I know of a Malakite of Creation who wanders the earth in far and distant places. He is very difficult to track, unless you know what to look for. If you wish, we can start there. Forgive my lack of manners, it has been quite some time since I have had to use them. My name is Somasti, but please, call me Soma."

Her voice is almost a whisper, you have to really listen to hear anything. You get the feeling that that is probably one of the reasons why she left the city. It's hard to hear her over the noise and she hates to compete with it. More than that, she doesn't see the need to.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #22
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

The lady in the bicycle helmet turns her smile on the new speaker. "You startled me, Soma!" she says with an open, welcoming laugh. "I should be saying 'sorry' to you ... I'm so used to knowing people here that I'm out of practice introducing myself. Call me Rudy," she says, this last to the other angels present. "I've got a ... friend or two that might be of help as well."

Moving a little closer to Soma, she says softly, almost in a whisper: "Don't worry. It's not perfect, but it's a friendlier place than it seems."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #23
Dalillama

"I am named Jedediah-Besek, but Baz will do for most purposes. I've put out some preliminary feelers alreay, and I hope that something might come of it."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #24
Acolyte

Quote:
"One speculation that many have had," Novalis says, "is that Eli is trying to redeem one of the demon princes. Nybbas, Lilith, Kobal, and even Andrealphus are all names that sometimes get associated with this speculation. It has been a very long time since any archangel fell."

<snip>

"So, you may well come across him, but unless you know or have something more than any of us do right now, he probably won't answer the questions we really want you to answer. What is he up to? Why has he disappeared? Is he in trouble, does he need help, should we be worried? These are not new questions by any means, they have just become more urgent."
The slow-talking angel frowns in thought while the Superiors and his new allies talk amongst themselves. Eventually, though, words swim from the turbid depths of his mind to the surface.

"It has not been all that long since the Fall," he muses aloud, "and more recent still was the short-lived Princedom of Magog. As much as we all might wish otherwise, Dominic may be right, Lady Novalis."

That he would speak the Archangel of Judgment's name aloud without honorific, and would even presume to correct a Superior to her face, may be shocking, but the words themselves are neither brazen nor accusing. They carry the same well-measured monotone as all his speech so far.

"But supposing we locate Eli and determine he is not at risk of Falling--" The man's composure drops for a second and he corrects himself. "--is not at immediate risk of Falling, for all angels are at such risk given proper provocation, but suppose the Agent of Creation rebuffs our questions even as mouthpieces of your concerns? Is it your intention that we attempt to spy on as multiformed and Creative an individual?" There is the slightest undertone of disbelief in his even voice.

Quote:
My name is Somasti, but please, call me Soma."
Heb Rhoneniel extends one arm and touches her briefly on the shoulder, a gesture clearly affected and not yet natural to the angel.

"Somasti, it has been decades. When the current business is finished, I would like to hear news of Rythiel." For the first time he shows some semblance of human emotion, smiling at the uncomfortable woman, but only as long as her eyes are on his face.

Quote:
"I should be saying 'sorry' to you ... I'm so used to knowing people here that I'm out of practice introducing myself. Call me Rudy," she says,
"Rudy," he says, nodding respectfully to her. "And Jedediah-Besek." He does the same. "I am Heb Rhoneniel, though I will answer to the human name O'Neill if circumstances require it." A sincere frown appears on his face on the heels of the smile. "No offense to any Powers who might be present, but I prefer my True name."
Old 08-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #25
Andygal

The neatly dressed woman looks around at her fellows and smiles at each of them in turn "It's good to meet you all, I hope we will become friends in the course of this mission" she says quietly, so as not to disturb any conversations that may be going on with the Superiors on deck (so to speak) "I am Nechama, I go by Naomi around here though."

"I don't have very many connections in this area yet, I've just come from the UK, but I do know a Creationer in London I can contact, for any hints she might be able to provide."
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #26
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Heb Rhoneniel extends one arm and touches her briefly on the shoulder, a gesture clearly affected and not yet natural to the angel.

"Somasti, it has been decades. When the current business is finished, I would like to hear news of Rythiel." For the first time he shows some semblance of human emotion, smiling at the uncomfortable woman, but only as long as her eyes are on his face.
She looks up in surprise at hearing her name but surprise quickly melts into delight.

"Heb Rhoneniel! Forgive me, I did not recognize you! It is so wonderful to see you again my dear friend. I actually haven't seen Rythiel in quite a while. I'm not entirely sure where he is at right now, but last I saw him, he was heading towards Alaska. How have you been?"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 09-05-2009 at 05:59 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #27
Dalillama

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," Baz replies. He turns back to Novalis with a slight bow, continuing "I presume that Euodias is nearby, Lady? If she is, I think that an introduction would be an excellent beginning in our investigation; I do not wish to traspass unduly on your time."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #28
rknop

Novalis says, "Once we're done talking, speak with any of the angels in residence at this tether. They will be able to put you in touch with Euodias."
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #29
rknop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
"But supposing we locate Eli and determine he is not at risk of Falling--" The man's composure drops for a second and he corrects himself. "--is not at immediate risk of Falling, for all angels are at such risk given proper provocation, but suppose the Agent of Creation rebuffs our questions even as mouthpieces of your concerns? Is it your intention that we attempt to spy on as multiformed and Creative an individual?" There is the slightest undertone of disbelief in his even voice.
"I doubt you could spy on him," Novalis says, "for all of the reasons that you evidently appreciate. But that doesn't change your basic mission: figure out what he's up to. You will probably need to do that indirectly, by tracking down any clues you find about where he's been and what he's done, in order to assemble an overview."
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Once the others seem to have run out of questions (and only then), Rhoda will step forward.

"Thank you, my Lady," Rudy says to Novalis with a graceful bow, her whole being seeming to be filled with joy at having her beloved Archangel so close. "As always, you warm our hearts and light our lives."

She makes the same sign of respect to Jordi and Zadkiel. "Great Ones, thank you for your presence and your trust," she says. "We will give you nothing less than the best we have."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp