Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-21-2022, 02:07 AM   #911
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious was thinking along the lines of a local myth, where their presence may be reassuring and appropriate as a guardian or defender.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:31 AM   #912
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious was thinking along the lines of a local myth, where their presence may be reassuring and appropriate as a guardian or defender.
Like maybe your native dragon form? Or is V more western than eastern?

Other options include gaurdian lions, I suppose. I can't give you more than typical japanese stuff. No templates there, just forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I wonder how it works; probably no time to ask.

And there's all kinds of things to be curious and inquisitive about. Oh no.

I cut her off before she can begin to speak, running of a series of questions at a mile a minute. "How's that machine work? Where do you get the paste Is it like that Frankenstein book? Why do you spike your hair? Is it just a fashion statement? Is it gelled or is it because of all the electricity around here? Do you dye your white hair too? Have you considered other colours? I have pseudo-hair; would I look as good with hair as spiky as yours?"
She cuts off the torrent of questions: "Please calm down, This is an effect of the healing process. Just calm down and clear your mind"

Quote:
A pair of my arms starts absentmindedly picking at easy to move pieces of the machine. Then I spot someone interesting wandering the emptier garden and jerk hard against the restraints:
The restraints hold... they must be designed for things stronger than Halcyone... of course, she can also just slip out of them because of the way she is built...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 04:07 PM   #913
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Like maybe your native dragon form?
"On a submarine? How big is this submarine?"

Quote:
She cuts off the torrent of questions: "Please calm down, This is an effect of the healing process. Just calm down and clear your mind"

The restraints hold... they must be designed for things stronger than Halcyone...
I jerk hard against the restraints and snap back to reality. I never really learned to relax, but that's no reason not to try:
Quote:
[528] 22-10-21 22:50:52 BST
Relaxation Roll (will)
3d6 <= 11
6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success
My mind clears, less talking, fewer extraneous questions. Then a thought barges into my head.

"Someone's trying to kill the Shah of Japan!" comes out of my mouth, half involuntary.

I try to slip the restraints and race out of the room. I need equipment. There's no time. Gotta move.
Quote:
[529] 22-10-21 23:07:19 BST
Escape
3d6 <= 17
2 + 4 + 2 = 8 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:34 AM   #914
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious is more western, but I was thinking more of something that could fit through the doors.
Old 10-24-2022, 09:08 AM   #915
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious is more western, but I was thinking more of something that could fit through the doors.
Quote:
"On a submarine? How big is this submarine?"
Ok, that's true.

You're looking at either a gaurdian lion (yes, japan has guardian lions, not tigers...); a humanoid guardian with stylized features, a bare chest, and brilliantly colored skin; Or a small (human-sized) aisan-style dragon.

Quote:
"Someone's trying to kill the Shah of Japan!" comes out of my mouth, half involuntary.
ha!

Halcyone goes around trying to get all of her stuff. A scuba suit, and what else?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-24-2022, 04:42 PM   #916
TGLS

Quote:
Halcyone goes around trying to get all of her stuff. A scuba suit, and what else?
Actually, no scuba suit, sealed armor will do:
-> Nanoweave Tacsuit: 15 lb.
-> Reducing Respirator: 10 lb.
-> Combat Infantry Helmet: 5 lb. {Could I get a combat hardened respirator helmet?}
-> Three Vibroblade Cutlasses: 6 lb.
-> One Portable Railgun: 20 lb.
-> Three Gauss Rifles: 25.5 lb.
-> 24000 Gauss Rifle shots (400 clips): 144 lb.
-> 450 Portable Railgun shots (18 clips): 36 lb.
-> 80 C Cells (to power the guns and blades): 40 lb.
-> A C Cell charging adapter: ???? lb.
-> Two Swarmbot Hives: 20 lb.
-> 75 Devourer Swarms: 75 lb.
-> 25 Surveillance Swarms: 50 lb.

In total, 521.5 lb. or about 6 kilos under heavy encumbrance max, probably enough for the charging adapter(s?). Let me know if I should have gone for Medium.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:52 AM   #917
the_matrix_walker

That's quite the haul!

Vassarious will go as a humanoid guardian with a native appearance, and will rely on growing gills if an underwater egress of the sub is required. Vassariouns travels light!
Old 10-25-2022, 08:12 AM   #918
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Vassarious will go as a humanoid guardian with a native appearance, and will rely on growing gills if an underwater egress of the sub is required. Vassariouns travels light!
Plan on those gills!

Quote:
Actually, no scuba suit, sealed armor will do:
-> Reducing Respirator: 10 lb.
-> Combat Infantry Helmet: 5 lb. {Could I get a combat hardened respirator helmet?}
-> 24000 Gauss Rifle shots (400 clips): 144 lb.
-> 450 Portable Railgun shots (18 clips): 36 lb.

In total, 521.5 lb. or about 6 kilos under heavy encumbrance max, probably enough for the charging adapter(s?). Let me know if I should have gone for Medium.
Hey there miss armory. Don't forget your computer!

You need a way to protect all this stuff from the water, and make sure it is neutrally buoyant!

On armor:
Quote:
You're asking for full Ultra-tech Armor, which is pretty good stuff, and doesn't suit all sci-fi genres. Cyberpunk settings often don't have power-suit armor levels. On the other hand I'd expect it to have a ton of electrical perks, giving it biomedical sensors, passive camo, and possibly a HUD and all the toys that gives. My gut would be that armor of that weight gives 7/2 protection.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "hardened" in this context. Building the respirator into the helmet is fine.

Yes, but you still need an oxygen supply. Using the respirator to breathe your own gasses again and again isn't going to fly for more than a few minutes... thankfully, UT air tanks are awesome: 2 lbs can give you six hours of air.

Quote:
75 swarms weigh 150lbs.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:15 PM   #919
TGLS

Quote:
Hey there miss armory. Don't forget your computer!
Oops.

Quote:
You need a way to protect all this stuff from the water, and make sure it is neutrally buoyant!
Let's call that an overhead of about 15%.

Quote:
On armor:
Quote:
You're asking for full Ultra-tech Armor, which is pretty good stuff, and doesn't suit all sci-fi genres. Cyberpunk settings often don't have power-suit armor levels. On the other hand I'd expect it to have a ton of electrical perks, giving it biomedical sensors, passive camo, and possibly a HUD and all the toys that gives. My gut would be that armor of that weight gives 7/2 protection.
I figured I could get something a bit heavier and stronger than the Bioplas maybe? If not, that's fine, I'll just adjust down the weights

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "hardened" in this context. Building the respirator into the helmet is fine.
Yeah, building into the helmet, possibly making it lighter.

Quote:
Yes, but you still need an oxygen supply. Using the respirator to breathe your own gasses again and again isn't going to fly for more than a few minutes... thankfully, UT air tanks are awesome: 2 lbs can give you six hours of air.
Honestly I confused a respirator for a rebreather; I'll adjust.

Quote:
75 swarms weigh 150lbs.
Whoops, total was accurate but not the line.

Anyway:
-> Medium Air Tank: 4 lb.
-> Combat Infantry Helmet: 5 lb.
-> 19200 Gauss Rifle shots (320 clips): 115.2 lb.
-> 75 Portable Railgun shots (3 clips): 6 lb.
-> 75 Devourer Swarms: 150 lb.
-> TL10 Personal Computer: 5 lb.
458.7 lb. before adding in 15% to account for waterproofing and buoyancy additions, which brings the total to 527.505 lb., ~1.7 lb. under heavy encumbrance.

How durable are the bulkheads and hull of the submarine? I really wouldn't want to punch a hole in a submarine if I miss with either of my guns.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:20 AM   #920
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Let's call that an overhead of about 15%.
Sounds fair. And we'll describe it as waterproof bags with bladders filled via a carefully controlled chemical reaction.

Quote:
I figured I could get something a bit heavier and stronger than the Bioplas maybe? If not, that's fine, I'll just adjust down the weights
You can increase your bioplas armor weight: for instance, 15/5 for 8 lbs (its currently half of listed). If you'd prefer the full tac-suit... half of listed DR is fine. That's still really good.

Quote:
Yeah, building into the helmet, possibly making it lighter.
oh, hardened as inside of armor. combination gadgets. that's cool. UT16, yes?

Quote:
How durable are the bulkheads and hull of the submarine? I really wouldn't want to punch a hole in a submarine if I miss with either of my guns.
The Submarine has a pretty substantial hull: 150 DR. The bulkheads are thinner, DR 15.