Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-17-2022, 09:12 AM   #901
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Well great to hear that things have calmed down over there."
That's the benefit of an immortal emperor. Great at establishing order. Of course, if the Teruthians get to him... We'll end up with a new most powerful demon lord to deal with."

Quote:
"I take it they pulled off a decisive strike and they're barely into that week so far. Are the remain heirs secure or is it possible they could go for a second week?"
"Yes, they opened by grabbing the two emperors. We think something sprung their plans early. That was 30 minutes ago. We're rushing everyone into place."

"After a failed attempt it will take a while for the mystic allegiance of the world to return to normal. Another attempt is possible, but not this year, and not the next."

Quote:
"Well, they're smart enough to identify targets at least, not those prototypes that disintegrate literally everything until the batteries run dry."
"That's comforting to hear. Be careful."

Quote:
I found the figure on UT37; it's 2 pounds to a square yard
awesome, thanks!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:22 PM   #902
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's the benefit of an immortal emperor. Great at establishing order. Of course, if the Teruthians get to him... We'll end up with a new most powerful demon lord to deal with."
"Corco seems to think the demon's can't figure out how to kill Maximus. But if a couple dozen priests could alter his mind for years..."

Quote:
"Yes, they opened by grabbing the two emperors. We think something sprung their plans early. That was 30 minutes ago. We're rushing everyone into place."
"Guess we finished at just the right time."

Quote:
"After a failed attempt it will take a while for the mystic allegiance of the world to return to normal. Another attempt is possible, but not this year, and not the next."
"Seems like an almost insurmountable task, if any world they take is toast. Do they at least waste energy fighting each other? Do they promote monarchism to create more targets?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 12:36 AM   #903
the_matrix_walker

"Bodyguard duty... How refreshingly straightforward. How are their defenses? Might we be able to provide them an edge beyond security? Perhaps we should reach out to other world leaders as well. Or do you have other teams?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #904
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Corco seems to think the demon's can't figure out how to kill Maximus. But if a couple dozen priests could alter his mind for years..."
Gurdo: "A lot has been thrown into doubt by that. We're still debating. Your report seems to indicate that he'd sense a demon showing up... but his own defenses against himself undid him last time."

Quote:
"Guess we finished at just the right time."
Gurdo: "Yes. Good work."

Quote:
"Seems like an almost insurmountable task, if any world they take is toast. Do they at least waste energy fighting each other? Do they promote monarchism to create more targets?"
"They are great power in the universes, yes. Conditions need to be just right for them to succeed though, and we're always watching them. They do spend a fair amount of energy fighting each other, but the biggest difficulty is they can't just jump to any world they choose until someone opens a portal. And we see most portals, especially to Teruthian worlds"

"There are several world empires trying to take over the cosmos. It's our job to stop them. They're all scary. But we hold them all in check."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Bodyguard duty... How refreshingly straightforward. How are their defenses? Might we be able to provide them an edge beyond security? Perhaps we should reach out to other world leaders as well. Or do you have other teams?"
Gurdo: "They're in their atomic age. Semi-auto riffles are the infantry weapons of choice. The emperor's guards are still trained in sword play, which could come up against demons. They are prepared to use gas, though that's of limited effect against Teruthian demons. They've got good radar, better submarine capabilities than anyone not using robots, and radio."

"I'm sending in dozens of hero teams and entire armies of allies. You have the emperor of Japan. That's the whole of your mission. I've got other people handling the other fronts."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 10-18-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:32 PM   #905
TGLS

Quote:
"they can't just jump to any world they choose until someone opens a portal."
"Well at least there's some kind of limit on their expansion. I suppose you have somebody persuading people not to open strange portals."

Well, I guess all there is to do is:
-> Get healed
-> Gather the killer swarms
-> Read the briefing
-> Head on the way.

"You say sword play could come against the demons. Are guns ineffective? Should I look into a Vibro-Cutlass?"

Should Halcyone have retroactively been brushing up on her swordplay?

Last edited by TGLS; 10-18-2022 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-19-2022, 07:37 AM   #906
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Well at least there's some kind of limit on their expansion. I suppose you have somebody persuading people not to open strange portals."
Gurdo: "that's harder than you'd think. But yes."

Quote:

"You say sword play could come against the demons. Are guns ineffective? Should I look into a Vibro-Cutlass?"

Should Halcyone have retroactively been brushing up on her swordplay?
"They regenerate quickly, are just generally tough, carry swords, and you'll be in tight quarters. Guns stop them eventually, like swords stop them eventually, but you should have a plan for stopping a sword blow, one way or another"

*They've got HT 12 or higher and the listed regeneration speeds.

Old 10-19-2022, 04:37 PM   #907
TGLS

Quote:
"They regenerate quickly, are just generally tough, carry swords, and you'll be in tight quarters. Guns stop them eventually, like swords stop them eventually, but you should have a plan for stopping a sword blow, one way or another"
OK, Halcyone suddenly knows how to use a shortsword better. I think I used it to cut myself?
So that makes:
1 pt. Scuba
1 pt. Shortsword

"Right, let's get on that vibrocutlass then."

Quote:
*They've got HT 12 or higher and the listed regeneration speeds.
Ah, I thought there might have been unliving or something stuffed in there.
Old 10-20-2022, 12:09 AM   #908
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious will do a bit of research if it's available to find an appropriate avatar for an imperial protector...
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 10:42 AM   #909
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

They walk through the portal into the library, hauling their gear. The portal behind them goes translucent, then fades. Larentio, the nephew who sent you off, starts putting the metal book back together. The Library seems a bit more active than normal... especially around a specific section. People you've only seen in the garden before are loitering around. Most are armed. Some are tense. Only a few are perusing the books and art.

Larentio brings you just outside the library into a small alcove with windows overlooking the garden. There a youngish woman with snow white hair arranged into giant electric spikes meets you with a tall device that sparks with energy. Halcyone is instructed to stand next to it, is strapped in. A jar of some strange paste is fastened to her arm. Then the machine is turned on. Violent energy flowing through her.... but it seems to do the trick. She has her arm back, feels better than ever. Ready for anything. Like she has more energy than before.

The woman with the white spikey hair cautions her that she will have extra energy, but that her judgment may be impaired for the next 60 minutes or so... (+ 2 FP, +1 move, -3 to all disadvantage CR)

Then its off to get their gear. They'll need to get in to the submarine from the surface of the ocean.

Quote:
"Right, let's get on that vibrocutlass then."
Does that setting have vibro? please post stats for the weapon somewhere in OOC, like the character sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious will do a bit of research if it's available to find an appropriate avatar for an imperial protector...
You mean a face? or a creature from the local myths? I'm not sure what you're looking for here.

Old 10-20-2022, 04:55 PM   #910
TGLS

Quote:
The Library seems a bit more active than normal... especially around a specific section. People you've only seen in the garden before are loitering around. Most are armed. Some are tense. Only a few are perusing the books and art.
Hm. If only there was a little more time to stop to chat.

I point off in the general direction of busiest area. "I guess that's the Ming section of the library."

Quote:
Larentio brings you just outside the library into a small alcove with windows overlooking the garden. There a youngish woman with snow white hair arranged into giant electric spikes meets you with a tall device that sparks with energy.
I wonder how it works; probably no time to ask.

Quote:
(+ 2 FP, +1 move, -3 to all disadvantage CR)
And there's all kinds of things to be curious and inquisitive about. Oh no.
Quote:
[526] 22-10-20 23:31:59 BST
Curiousity control roll
3d6 <= 0 3
1 + 4 + 6 = 11 ... failure
Quote:
Halcyone is instructed to stand next to it, is strapped in. A jar of some strange paste is fastened to her arm. Then the machine is turned on. Violent energy flowing through her.... but it seems to do the trick. She has her arm back, feels better than ever. Ready for anything. Like she has more energy than before.

The woman with the white spikey hair
I cut her off before she can begin to speak, running of a series of questions at a mile a minute. "How's that machine work? Where do you get the paste Is it like that Frankenstein book? Why do you spike your hair? Is it just a fashion statement? Is it gelled or is it because of all the electricity around here? Do you dye your white hair too? Have you considered other colours? I have pseudo-hair; would I look as good with hair as spiky as yours?"

A pair of my arms starts absentmindedly picking at easy to move pieces of the machine. Then I spot someone interesting wandering the emptier garden and jerk hard against the restraints:
Quote:
[527] 22-10-20 23:48:17 BST
Strength vs. the Restraints
-3d6 +21
- 2 - 6 - 5 + 21 = 8
Quote:
cautions her that she will have extra energy, but that her judgment may be impaired for the next 60 minutes or so... (+ 2 FP, +1 move, -3 to all disadvantage CR)
Well I hope somebody heard that.

Quote:
Then its off to get their gear. They'll need to get in to the submarine from the surface of the ocean.
Halcyone is certainly off somewhere.