Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-03-2022, 02:53 PM   #371
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OOC: The only rendezvous point I recall we picked was a mountain on Monstri, which would be a rather silly. We might as well go to the Monstri gate. Maybe we could have retroactively arranged a meetup point or just arrange one now?

roll IQ-1 for retroactive... or arrange one now over technology.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 03:02 PM   #372
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
roll IQ-1 for retroactive... or arrange one now over technology.
If you want to be nice enough to give us a roll, I will certainly take it.

This seems like a fine use of a Destiny Point for Player guidance...

But I'll make the roll and you can claim a Destiny point if you like.

IQ-1
3d6 <= 14
6 + 4 + 2 = 12 ... success

I'd rather have a spot we decided before we were using the communication, just in case they can listen in now that they are looking for us.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 01-03-2022 at 03:08 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 05:47 AM   #373
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There is a park in the capital, where Vassarious can hide as a creature, and where Halcyone can be near their favored urban terrain. You can meet near an entrance on the southern side without saying it over the comms.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-04-2022, 06:46 AM   #374
the_matrix_walker

No critters! They would have to change back and give away their location.

Vassarious will fly out of the city and land in the suburbs and shifts back to a nondescript form with fighting capabilities, much like the old woman visage. The form is younger and vaguely unattractive. Given their ability to track the shifts, this will likely be the last change for some time.

She runs a mile out from the change point and steals a car that looks older and is unlikely to have tracking capabilities.

They then double back and drive into the city and ditch the car about a mile from the meeting place and head to the rendezvous point.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:14 AM   #375
TGLS

I'll check bus schedules and figure has X more hours to sleep, and sets an alarm. I wake up later and heads out to catch a bus. Getting there a little early (having slack on bus schedules is usually smart), I go to pick up some croissants and coffee at a nearby cafe. Then I'll try to keep an eye on the park while left alone with my thoughts.

Hm, I was supposed to meet a mouse in a park. That's probably not going to happen. I suppose it would be too much to ask for V to be particularly mousey.

Quote:
[263] 22-01-04 14:14:32 GMT
Observation
3d6 <= 16
3 + 6 + 2 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:17 AM   #376
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Vassarious spots Halcyone, who is using the face of the fake identity, in the correct location at the park.

The two meet up, having started on two different worlds miles away from each other.

Old 01-05-2022, 06:55 AM   #377
TGLS

I offer V a cup of coffee.
"Didn't know if you wanted cream or sugar, so I got black and some packets of sugar and cream. Take a croissant if you like."

After V sits down:
"Any ideas on how to infiltrate the temple?"

"I had a bit of a silly plan where I pretend to be Kunnifax having captured you. It might just result in us getting killed inside the temple, depending on how well I/we can argue, 'that tentacle lady; she did something weird and now you're not speaking in my head anymore'."

"Here's some of the money the army gave Kunnifax, and by Kunnifax I mean me disguised as Kunnifax. And here's the room key for the motel I found. You might need some shut eye I figure."
Old 01-05-2022, 08:26 AM   #378
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious accepts the kind offer of breakfast and the use of the hotel to catch up on some missed sleep.

"While the idea of impersonating Kunnifax and his prisoner has possibilities, it may also put us on rails as they may wish us to go through some kind of processing and they will likely summon additional security to handle the situation. I think it would be safer to disguise ourselves as priests and make our way to the stones."
Old 01-05-2022, 09:03 AM   #379
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"While the idea of impersonating Kunnifax and his prisoner has possibilities, it may also put us on rails as they may wish us to go through some kind of processing and they will likely summon additional security to handle the situation. I think it would be safer to disguise ourselves as priests and make our way to the stones."
"Yeah, I'm not too hot trojan prisoner plan either. I'll be heading off to find a priest to follow. No idea how long that will take. Hopefully I can follow to a bar or something but maybe back to their house."
Old 01-05-2022, 11:45 AM   #380
the_matrix_walker

"We will have to work by subterfuge, as they have legions of the hybrid soldiers. My ability to change my shape is now a liability if used. While you are out, could you stop and acquire some makeup and anything else you can think of that might serve as a disguise? I have to assume they know this face."

Vassarious thinks over the best routes and the security checkpoints they will have to pass to get to the patterned stones they need to return to their proper order and tries to formulate a plan as they drift off to take a much-needed nap.