Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: "Once Per Turn"

Quote:
Originally Posted by obatron View Post
If three players are fighting a giant bug, and player A stabs the bug doing enough damage to cause a health roll which the bug fails. Player B's turn starts before the end of Player's As; Is the bug still up when Player B acts?

...and if that is the case, then does the bug's action occur that round as well, say before player C

Code:
|<--A1--->|<--A2--->|<--A3--->|
  |<--B1--->|<--B2--->|<--B3--->|
    |<--Bug-->|<--Bug-->|<--Bug-->|
      |<--C1--->|<--C2--->|<--C3--->|
If the bug falls before Player B, that would imply the attack and bug health check took less than one second. If this is the case, then it seems to me that there isn't a significance to the overlapping rounds other than for duration effects. However, I admit I could just be missing something.
As DouglasCole point out the effect like HP damage immediate. this is import also in the case of Wait becuse if B Waits for the Bug to attack, they interupt the attack, and their own attack can protoinally stop Bug's attak by Killing them, or caught enough Shock that attack fails

it is also Seen in Parries. even if Bug successfully parries A's attack, the Bug's parries are reduced when B attacks
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
Goober4473

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Though I do admit I'm a little fuzzy of Warp's Power Dodge counts within this limit. IE can Power Dodge on the same turn that you Warped as part of your manouver.
Similarly, what about Blocking spells? Could you dodge using Warp and also cast Blink on the same turn? As far as can tell, you can, but it seems like the intent is you get one "blocking maneuver" per turn. GURPS just doesn't have a keyword for it, like Immeidate Action or Interrupt.
Goober4473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober4473 View Post
Similarly, what about Blocking spells? Could you dodge using Warp and also cast Blink on the same turn? As far as can tell, you can, but it seems like the intent is you get one "blocking maneuver" per turn. GURPS just doesn't have a keyword for it, like Immeidate Action or Interrupt.
Yes you can, for starts Warp power dodge counts as a dodge, not a block. and you allowed as many dodges as you want, though only one Power Dodge per power IIRC.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
Goober4473

Quote:
Yes you can, for starts Warp power dodge counts as a dodge, not a block. and you allowed as many dodges as you want, though only one Power Dodge per power IIRC.
Blocking spells aren't really "blocks" though. They're just a category of spell you can cast without taking an action, but only one per turn.
Goober4473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober4473 View Post
Blocking spells aren't really "blocks" though. They're just a category of spell you can cast without taking an action, but only one per turn.
Most aren't, their once per turn is on a individual basis, as long as the both do not count as a block you can use more than 1 blocking spell per turn as long as they are not the same spell.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #16
Stegyre

Quote:
Most aren't, their once per turn is on a individual basis, as long as the both do not count as a block you can use more than 1 blocking spell per turn as long as they are not the same spell.
I am AFB, but I have serious doubts about this. My admittedly-vague recollection is that a character may use one blocking spell per turn, period; not each blocking spell once per turn.

Does anyone have a quote and cite?
Stegyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #17
DuckTapeAl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic, p. 13
You may cast only one Blocking spell per turn, no matter how skilled you are.
Looks like Blocking spells are once per turn, and may also count as a block, parry, or dodge depending on the spell.
DuckTapeAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turn order