Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #51
zoncxs

Default Re: [IC] The great black hills gold rush

"well now doctor, If they do have hostages I can't guarantee their safety, but if you were to come along I would say they would have a better chance, if they are hurt. I'm not one to leave a person without their just desserts."

Samuel nods at everyone with his hand on his gun.

"they don't call me Gungrave for nothin'"
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #52
Skullcrusher

Sampson nods in agreement and waits momentarily with a wilded eyed look on his face for the other braves to join them. "I would be honored to hunt these sons of jackals with you and your hunting party." Looking at the doctor,"The youngins they captured will not be harmed as long as Sampson Savage is alive." Looking at Samuel,"Leave the wagon here and take a mount the wagon is too slow and noisy." As soon as the braves meet up he will turn his horse in the direction of killers trail and trot off slowly with mule in tow.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #53
Ulthar88

Pericles rubs his chin, "Whereas you might have a point, mister 'grave', all we have for transport is a wagon full of medical equipment. And taking that off-trail ain't likely to get us anywhere very fast."

(ooc: a clarification on the surrounding terrain might be good. I had assumed we were in the western, hilly part of the territory near the mining camps, where taking a wagon in pursuit of men on horseback would be preposterous if not downright impossible. And it would take a LOT of convincing to get Pericles to abandon his equipment :P )
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #54
chimchim

Jeb was hot and sweating like a whore in church. He halted the team and took a moment to wipe some persistant sweat from above his eyes when he noticed the unmistakable smell of burning. Concerned Jeb craned his neck to locate the source of the smell. The woods arround him were tinder dry and there was just enough of a breeze to fan any uncontrolled flames and considering his cargo being in a forrest fire was a very bad career move.

Finally Jeb saw it, a thin plume of smoke that seemed to be coming from up the trail. He could not see the source but judging by the small quantity of smoke it was likely to be a cooking fire as anything else. At least he preyed that was all it was.

This unfortunately left him in more than a small dilema. He could not relistically turn back. Even from here on the twisty trail he could see half a dozen wagons making their ponderous way up the trial. Forwards meant getting closer to the fire.
Jeb chewed on his lip for a moment then took one more glance back down trail. He had a while before the first wagon would reach him. Jeb took out his pipe and filled it. He took out a match and struck it carefully on his saddle then lit the pipe.
As he waited puffing away on his pipe he noted the smoke plume was to much for a simple cooking fore but not enough for a wild fire. This caught his imagination. What was going on up thre?
Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #55
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthar88 View Post
Pericles rubs his chin, "Whereas you might have a point, mister 'grave', all we have for transport is a wagon full of medical equipment. And taking that off-trail ain't likely to get us anywhere very fast."

(ooc: a clarification on the surrounding terrain might be good. I had assumed we were in the western, hilly part of the territory near the mining camps, where taking a wagon in pursuit of men on horseback would be preposterous if not downright impossible. And it would take a LOT of convincing to get Pericles to abandon his equipment :P )
OOC: you do have sabastian at your disposal.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #56
GnomesofZurich

Deciding there is little choice but to go forward and see what's going on, Jeb urges his donkey, Henry, forward. "Move it, you stubborn beast!" Jeb keeps his eyes peeled for any sign that the fire is getting worse...with a load of explosives, he doesn't want to risk getting too close.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #57
zoncxs

Quote:
"well then how about your friend their take these wagons to town while we chase these guys down, all you need is the basics for this quick job right?won't be more than a day or two that you would be separated from your equipment. of course, its up to you if you tag along, but if not can you take my wagon with?"

(OOC: so if it pans out my wagon would be left with ::Insert forgotten name:: while we give chase.)
Old 10-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #58
Ulthar88

Pericles sounds unconcerned and unenthused, "I'm hardly fit to go sprinting through the brush like a redskin," and continues under his breath, "...my medical bag gripped in my teeth."

He looks up at Sam, "No, I'd best leave varmint-hunting to you more qualified, erm, gentlemen. Besides, there is supposed to be a town awaiting my services." And again under his breath, "And being a boom-town, I trust they can pay in something better than chickens."

Pericles frowns at Sam's wagon, "Oh, I suppose that's fair. You can pick up your wagon at the doctor's office in Shady Gulch, assuming there actually is such a place."
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #59
zoncxs

Quote:
Pericles sounds unconcerned and unenthused, "I'm hardly fit to go sprinting through the brush like a redskin," and continues under his breath, "...my medical bag gripped in my teeth."

He looks up at Sam, "No, I'd best leave varmint-hunting to you more qualified, erm, gentlemen. Besides, there is supposed to be a town awaiting my services." And again under his breath, "And being a boom-town, I trust they can pay in something better than chickens."

Pericles frowns at Sam's wagon, "Oh, I suppose that's fair. You can pick up your wagon at the doctor's office in Shady Gulch, assuming there actually is such a place."

"Do as you will then Doc, And my thanks for taking care of my cargo."

With that Samuel rides off to catch up with Sampson.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #60
chimchim

The Bad Guy Hunt.
Sampson and Samuel fort up for war and head off into the forrest with the Sioux hunting party. Running Wolf manouvers his horse next to Sampson's and the other Sioux fan out into the forrest.
"My friends will make sure we dont get ambushed" he states before leaning over the side of his horse to followe the spore. Sampson keeps a close and weary eye on Running Wolf and the trail he is following. Sampson quickly realises that despite being little more than a boy Running Wolf is a master tracker. The group makes good time and travels deeper intyo the forrest. One thing that has become abundantly clear is the group you are following made a few basic attempts to hide their back trail with out success.
An hour into the hunt one of the other Sioux reappears on the trail and speaks to Running wolf to quietly and too fast for Sampson to follow the chat. One word he does catch is "camp".
"My firnds have found a camp and confirmed the trail goes into it. The camp is occupied. Do we attack?"

The trail to Shady Gulch(Pericles and sebastian)

You set off for the gulch and initially make good time but once you reach the place where u lost a wheel the going gets harder. The trail is steep with shifting cambers, deep ruts and boulders to navigate around. Your progress slows but at least this time you dont loose a wheel.
You get both wagons past a particularily sharp bend with a nasty camber to see a sight that causes both of you to take a sharp breath. Sat in the middle of the trail is a freaking huge grissly bear! It seems to be eating what looks like the remains of a the wagon trail you were travelling with's lunch.

The Trail to Shady Gulch part 2 (Jeb)

Having made the decision to go forward you make good time and have seen nothing to indicate the fire ahead is getting worse. In fact the smoke seems to be getting thinner.This brings a smile to your face and you spur your mule on. The trail is definately getting steeper and twistier. You are glad you did not bring a wagon!
Shortly after you come to this conclusion you turn a bend and lay eyes upon the remains of a burnt out wagon a way up the trail. This seems to be the source of the smoke.