Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #31
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
It doesn't make you your ex's defacto slave, though.
Better to own a slave than to be one, eh? I'm not especially sympathetic to your position.
Quote:
It's also not real.
Yes, it's probably better than reality. Which is it's own problems of course.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #32
nick012000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Better to own a slave than to be one, eh? I'm not especially sympathetic to your position.
Better to own a willing slave than be forced to become one unwillingly by the government, yes.

Quote:
Yes, it's probably better than reality. Which is it's own problems of course.
It's still not real, though. ;) :P
Old 12-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #33
Keiko
Banned

The bioroid type not being "family friendly" might not be as much of a worry in the THS version of 2100. Sexual mores seem more relaxed than today in the US. Heck, some parents might even want a highly trained, sex capable bioroid to educate their children in a controlled manner.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #34
Eukie

Quote:
Yeah, but a bioroid won't divorce you on the drop of a hat and sue you for child support and alimony, with the threat of being thrown in prison if you fail to make your payments (even if they're more than you're capable of paying, because, say, you lost your job after your divorce).
That sounds a little paranoid; I seriously doubt that divorces happen at the "drop of a hat", and you make it sound like paying child support is some malicious plot to put men behind bars and/or ruin them financially.

Quote:
It doesn't make you your ex's defacto slave, though.
Quote:
Better to own a willing slave than be forced to become one unwillingly by the government, yes.
Comparing having to pay child support after a divorce to actual slavery sounds rather offensive; making you support the upbringing of a child you helped bring to the world is really not in any way comparable to slavery.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #35
Angle

Oh dear. Are you an MRA, nick?
Old 12-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #36
nick012000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle View Post
Oh dear. Are you an MRA, nick?
Yes, I am, and for good reason. Feminism is one of the worst things to happen to Western society in the 20th Century. They like to claim it's all about equality, but it's not; it's about money and power. You know how they say "Feminism is the radical idea that women are people?" They say that because they don't see men as people, and they're too self-centered to realise that men don't think the same way women do.

I suppose that it's all a little off topic, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eukie View Post
That sounds a little paranoid; I seriously doubt that divorces happen at the "drop of a hat", and you make it sound like paying child support is some malicious plot to put men behind bars and/or ruin them financially.
Women initiate three out of four divorces, almost always get the lion's share of the property, and almost always get the children. Yes, divorces can and do happen at the drop of the hat; the only thing that stops your wife from divorcing you is the fact she doesn't desire to do so yet. As for malicious plots, well, I've barely even scratched the surface of what malicious exes get up to.

Quote:
Comparing having to pay child support after a divorce to actual slavery sounds rather offensive; making you support the upbringing of a child you helped bring to the world is really not in any way comparable to slavery.
Someone else owns your labor and has the ability to legally compel you to work with the threat of prison if you fail to do so. It certainly sounds like slavery to me, even if it's not chattel slavery.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #37
nonex
Banned

Quote:
Feminism is one of the worst things to happen to Western society in the 20th Century.
I have come here to laugh at you.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #38
nick012000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonex View Post
I have come here to laugh at you.
That's nice. I don't care. Classic feminist, using shaming tactics rather than actually trying to counter my arguments (because you know you can't, without sounding incoherent).
Old 12-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #39
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

[MOD]

The tangent on MRA/feminism/etc. is not appropriate for this subforum. If you wish to continue it, take it to GenChat, but be warned that as a flammable topic, it will be treated harshly in case anyone steps over the line of polite discussion.
(Also, just in case you do continue it in GenChat, make sure you understand that there are all sorts of people, from good to bad, that often get lumped into single lables denoting vague groups.)

[/MOD]

Last edited by vicky_molokh; 12-21-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #40
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Since I have neither money, nor a copy of 'In the Well', I'll take your word for it. I assume there's more interesting things in that book than just fetish-templates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Yes. All kinds of stuff about the Mars settlements, inner solar system space installations, Venus shell tourism, and a modular vehicle design system.
And while we're at it, Deep Beyond, Broken Dreams, Cities on the Edge and Toxic Memes also happen to contain more interesting things than just fetish-templates.

Tags
biotech, racial template