Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-18-2022, 08:51 AM   #1621
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Arcing electricity too implausible? Don't want something that would be too easy to notice the lack of other senses (like fire) or should be more damaging (like people with guns)
Not at all! Good idea. That's three of five exits locked down.

Hua's allies move forward into position to block the other exits. There is a single additional set of shots, and the area seems to be locked down... at least this side of the quarters (shield quarters are split in half, if you look at the map of deck 3).

They're ready to move in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar wants Zybo to say something along the lines of, "Men, I'm glad you're safe. There have been some Dreadstormer-related incidents elsewhere in the ship, this security section is here to protect you."

Sergant: "Sir, are we in control of the ship sir?"
Zybo: "We are establishing control of critical parts of the ship. A lot of damage has been done to the communication systems. We are worried they are trying to destroy the ship, so we are taking this location."
Sergant: "We have orders to destroy the ship rather than to let it fall into dreadstormer hands. That is considered a victory."
Zybo: "That won't be necessary. We should be able to join the combat after repairs. This will be a great victory. You are a part of it. Lock down the manuever drive against sabotage, and keep non-motive personnel out of here."
Sergant: "Yes sir!"

Zybo gets Daymar and Jivithi together.

Zybo: "We can speak canidly, I'm fully on your side now."

Jivithi : "good. The men are restless, they want to be out there doing something. do you have a plan to neutralize them? I've been making excuses for half an hour. The Sergant is already suspicious."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:33 AM   #1622
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Zybo gets Daymar and Jivithi together.

Zybo: "We can speak canidly, I'm fully on your side now."

Jivithi : "good. The men are restless, they want to be out there doing something. do you have a plan to neutralize them? I've been making excuses for half an hour. The Sergant is already suspicious."
"Ask to speak to the Sergeant privately, to more fully brief him on the situation. Introduce him to me, I'll shake his hand. And then I think he'll come on board with what we're doing."
Old 10-18-2022, 07:42 PM   #1623
TGLS

Quote:
Hua's allies move forward into position to block the other exits. There is a single additional set of shots, and the area seems to be locked down... at least this side of the quarters (shield quarters are split in half, if you look at the map of deck 3).

They're ready to move in.
I call out, "Let's mop this place up!"

Let's arrest these people.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:12 PM   #1624
Hide

Meanwhile Pacifica's unit starts unlocking the doors.

She begins with the doors that do not require crossing the "hot section". She asks the crewmen in her team who is most likely to lead a defense or an attack in that section.

She checks for Traps (12+1) 10 (employed luck), to make sure it is safe to proceed. If the work just requires a single person, she sends a single person; the rest of the party will make watch (weapons ready) to prevent potential assaults during the process.

OOC: How much time would this take? How far are the nearest comms?

We are not breaking the doors because that is something the bad guys would do; however, we must find if there are people making sure the doors remain locked.
Old 10-19-2022, 07:51 AM   #1625
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Meanwhile Pacifica's unit starts unlocking the doors.

She begins with the doors that do not require crossing the "hot section". She asks the crewmen in her team who is most likely to lead a defense or an attack in that section.
"The mess NCOs, I'd guess. There are no officers there, but a determined sergeant could make a mess for us."

Quote:
She checks for Traps (12+1) 10 (employed luck), to make sure it is safe to proceed. If the work just requires a single person, she sends a single person; the rest of the party will make watch (weapons ready) to prevent potential assaults during the process.
Pacifica spots a pair of hydrogen cell doors that are just slightly ajar... a likely ambush spot.

Quote:
OOC: How much time would this take? How far are the nearest comms?
Its a half hour to open everything... going around the quarters doesn't change those numbers too much. The nearest comms are 8 decks strait up on deck 9.

Quote:
I call out, "Let's mop this place up!"

Let's arrest these people.
Its done simply, with most the force keeping control of hallways and rooms while the men are captured one by one. Where will Hua put the prisoners?

Quote:
"Ask to speak to the Sergeant privately, to more fully brief him on the situation. Introduce him to me, I'll shake his hand. And then I think he'll come on board with what we're doing."
OCC: handshakes are not protocol here. for the exact reason of preventing physical contact. Militaries generally salute anyways. The basic idea works though.

Jivithi: "That'll work for him. What will we do about the rest of them?"

Jivithi:"Sargent! report to Myself and Zybo."
The Sargent comes over: "Yes Sir."

Jivithi: "Private (speaking to daymar), could you repeat that intell? If the ship is laid out like this..."
Jivithi starts pointing to places on the wall, referencing and invisible map.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-19-2022, 04:23 PM   #1626
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
OCC: handshakes are not protocol here. for the exact reason of preventing physical contact. Militaries generally salute anyways. The basic idea works though.

Jivithi: "That'll work for him. What will we do about the rest of them?"

Jivithi:"Sargent! report to Myself and Zybo."
The Sargent comes over: "Yes Sir."

Jivithi: "Private (speaking to daymar), could you repeat that intell? If the ship is laid out like this..."
Jivithi starts pointing to places on the wall, referencing and invisible map.
Daymar quickly mutters to Jivithi, "one thing at a time, the Sargent can help with the others when we're done with him."

[1160] 22-10-20 00:19:14 CEST

Spacer

3d6 <= 16
3 + 5 + 1 = 9 ... success OCC: Using Spacer to come up with some plausible intell to share with the Sargent.

Daymar is also going to look for an opportunity to make contact with the Sargent, using Acting to make it seem plausible.

[1161] 22-10-20 00:20:57 CEST

Acting

3d6 <= 14
3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... success

Finally, he will attempt Mental Surgery

[1162] 22-10-20 00:21:59 CEST
Mental Surgery (All-Out Concentrate, Fanaticism (El Quinta Republica))

3d6 <= 16
6 + 6 + 4 = 16 ... success by 0
Old 10-19-2022, 04:47 PM   #1627
TGLS

Quote:
Its done simply, with most the force keeping control of hallways and rooms while the men are captured one by one. Where will Hua put the prisoners?
Zip tie them to bunks, canteen tables, other furniture in their living space. Leave one guard behind in case one of them gets any ideas.

Next I'll case the other mess. I imagine they have the same idea as this one did with people keeping eyes on the doors. If so, I'll try to get the guards to breach from every door at the same time.

Quote:
[1165] 22-10-20 00:45:59 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
3 + 3 + 4 = 10 ... success
[1164] 22-10-20 00:45:45 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
5 + 2 + 5 = 12 ... success
[1163] 22-10-20 00:44:59 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
3 + 2 + 6 = 11 ... success
[1166] 22-10-20 00:47:19 CEST
Tactics default for Breach timing
3d6 <= 8
5 + 2 + 2 = 9 ... failure
Quote:

[1162] 22-10-20 00:21:59 CEST
Mental Surgery (All-Out Concentrate, Fanaticism (El Quinta Republica))

3d6 <= 16
6 + 6 + 4 = 16 ... success by 0
I think your luck's back
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:47 AM   #1628
Hide

Quote:
"The mess NCOs, I'd guess. There are no officers there, but a determined sergeant could make a mess for us."
Pacifica replies to her team; she's trying to map a route based on what security knows about the area.
Thanks, when we get there where should we start? What would be their thinnest front?

Quote:
Pacifica spots a pair of hydrogen cell doors that are just slightly ajar... a likely ambush spot.
OOC: She spots an Ajardoor? =0

Pacifica will use her powers to check for threats.

Observation - Vibration Sense (All-out Concentrate):
3d6 <= 15
5 + 2 + 2 = 9 ... success.

She will brief her findings and organize further action.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:07 AM   #1629
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Daymar quickly mutters to Jivithi, "one thing at a time, the Sargent can help with the others when we're done with him."

Using Spacer to come up with some plausible intell to share with the Sargent.

Daymar is also going to look for an opportunity to make contact with the Sargent, using Acting to make it seem plausible.

The Sargent doesn't react to the Mental surgery attempt.

Quote:
Zip tie them to bunks, canteen tables, other furniture in their living space. Leave one guard behind in case one of them gets any ideas.

Next I'll case the other mess. I imagine they have the same idea as this one did with people keeping eyes on the doors. If so, I'll try to get the guards to breach from every door at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica replies to her team; she's trying to map a route based on what security knows about the area.
Thanks, when we get there where should we start? What would be their thinnest front?
"We shouldn't run into too many people outside of living quarters... unless they've mobilized that entire part of the ship. We don't know where they'd post up."

Quote:
Pacifica will use her powers to check for threats.

She will brief her findings and organize further action.
There are three people hiding in the room, all with heavy tools that look good for swinging. The door across the way also has three potential attackers behind it.

Old 10-21-2022, 10:30 AM   #1630
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I think your luck's back
OOC: I missed this.

Quote:
The Sargent doesn't react to the Mental surgery attempt.
OOC: Is it too late to use Luck rerolls?