Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-20-2021, 07:38 AM   #321
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well as much as I'd like to waltz into the Maximus's temple and take a good look around, I'm pretty sure my Kunnifax disguise, even with the badge, would fail rather quickly. Maybe if I could tell a good story. I'll look for a hotel that deals in cash to use as a base and start casing the exterior of the temple.

The temple complex is huge, with over 200 buildings and three layers of walls. The security is run by the elite animal-soldiers of the emperor, plus the special imperial guard. Public Tours of the Tomb complex are frequently given, but they only include a single look at the inside of the innermost walls, and security is exceptionally tight there. The tour groups of the temple are all personally guarded by both priests and security.

The guards are pretty friendly though: they seem to be watching for curious tourists rather than enemy combatants.

In addition to tour groups, there seem to be medical pilgrims, high government officers who come to make petitions to the emperor, and an astonishing number of priests who compile reports, cook food, wash clothing, and receive guests.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:58 AM   #322
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post

"Are you sure you don't want to buy a lady a drink first? You came on a little strong last time."

The old woman takes a step closer and whips her hand around and letting fly a shuriken that arcs in a curve through the air, narrowly missing Retifurus.

((Vassarious takes the Step and Attack maneuver, and makes a ranged Feint.
Retifurus doesn't flinch, having noted the shruiken was slightly off course. (his own roll is a success by 10 ... good rolling).

"Of Course!" he responds.

He raises his weapon and sprays bullets at Vassarious. Three bullets need to be dodged: they do 5d pi if they hit.

Quote:
Throwing Art - 14 (Technique, Feint, +4; Range, 7yds, -3; Acc, +3) Effective Skill 18
I'm curious where the feint technique is on your sheet... I can't find it.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #323
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

In defiance of her appearance, the old woman cartwheels with alacrity, getting clear of the gunfire.

She takes another step closer to the gunman, and lets another Shuriken fly, again appearing to narrowly miss.

Spoiler:  

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-20-2021 at 09:09 AM. Reason: I left my email address in the post
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 09:23 AM   #324
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
In defiance of her appearance, the old woman cartwheels with alacrity, getting clear of the gunfire.

She takes another step closer to the gunman, and lets another Shuriken fly, again appearing to narrowly miss.

He stands strait as the blade flies past him, and continues to pour fire into the street as he walks calmly forward. He scores another three potential hits. They're 4 yards away from each other now.

Old 12-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #325
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

And then throws three Skuriken from each hand, trying to disable the gunman's arm!
Spoiler:  

Edit: And Vassarious uses their step to close to 3 yards.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-20-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #326
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Spoiler:  
I think your base dodge is 10, not 12. That's three hits. two at the torso, one on the leg. 19 and 14 to the chest, 13 to the leg. I think I count 17 DR vs bullets on the chest, stopping all but two of the damage. 8 damage gets through on the leg... which isn't enough to cripple it!

The pristine and divine body doesn't slow down for pain,

Quote:
And then throws three Skuriken from each hand, trying to disable the gunman's arm!
Retifurus finally moves his hands, but too slowly, and two of the strange blades strike his right arm, dealing 8 and 10 damage each... His gun tumbles to the ground from his disabled arm.

Retifurus whips out his sword with his other hand quick as a flash and rushes forward, closing the distance between the two combatants, and making a wild and clumsy swing.

Quote:
Spoiler:  
You're right: the shuriken should be based on thrust damage. Throwing art and weapon master (which the advantage is based on) explicitly don't stack, so I think we're at 2d+3.

Old 12-20-2021, 04:28 PM   #327
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

As the blade flies harmlessly by the old woman's head she continues to quip...

"You've got some nice moves, but you're stepping on my toes a bit young man!"

And the woman steps in up close to her opponent...
Spoiler:  

...And swings her arms together, trying to strike either side of the warrior's arm with the bladed gauntlets.

Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-21-2021 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:07 PM   #328
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The temple complex is huge, with over 200 buildings and three layers of walls. The security is run by the elite animal-soldiers of the emperor, plus the special imperial guard. Public Tours of the Tomb complex are frequently given, but they only include a single look at the inside of the innermost walls, and security is exceptionally tight there. The tour groups of the temple are all personally guarded by both priests and security.
I guess if I vanished while on tour that would prompt a search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
In addition to tour groups, there seem to be medical pilgrims, high government officers who come to make petitions to the emperor, and an astonishing number of priests who compile reports, cook food, wash clothing, and receive guests.
Hm. I guess a priest would be one of the few who is a routine visitor? I suppose they live outside of the temple complex? I'll pick a promising priest (Intuition) and tail him to his destination. Maybe I could try befriending him and perhaps turn him or steal his credentials.

Quote:
[222] 21-12-21 00:06:44 GMT
Intuition
3d6 <= 15 : 4 + 1 + 2 = 7 ... success
[223] 21-12-21 00:07:17 GMT
Shadowing Default - I didn't notice :(
3d6 <= 11 : 2 + 1 + 2 = 5 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 03:18 PM   #329
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I guess if I vanished while on tour that would prompt a search.
Yes, it would, though they'd be looking for a stray tourist.

[quoteHm. I guess a priest would be one of the few who is a routine visitor? I suppose they live outside of the temple complex? I'll pick a promising priest (Intuition) and tail him to his destination. Maybe I could try befriending him and perhaps turn him or steal his credentials.[/QUOTE]

Priests DO live outside of the temple complex. They go home in great droves at the end of the day. Halcyone follows one onto a bus, where it drives speedily to a wealthy neighborhood about 7 miles away from the complex. There are only five stops, where large numbers of people get off and on... the initial load is about half priestly, but the number goes down at each stop. At the fifth stop for the bus, the priest gets off and walks towards a large parking lot, looking for his car. Many other people are getting into their parked vehicles as well.

How will Halcyone follow?

Spoiler:  

Quote:
As the blade flies harmlessly by the old woman's head she continues to quip...

"You've got some nice moves, but you're stepping on my toes a bit young man!"

And the woman steps in up close to her opponent...

...And swings her arms together, trying to strike either side of the warrior's arm with the bladed gauntlets.
The immortal warrior parries one blade and steps back away from the other, dodging artfully. The hand-blades very nearly hit though. The graceful sword returns to the ready, but no attack is made.

(evaluate for +1)

V can tell (via per roll I made for you) that the loss of the primary arm is really slowing Retifurrus down, and they are much less skilled with this arm.

Old 12-21-2021, 04:12 PM   #330
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

Vassarious steps back into close combat and senses the man's presence, taking in his stance, and where the tension is his body is concentrated. The octogenarian slips to the side a bit, lashing out with another double swing to strike the outside of the remaining arm.

Spoiler: