Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2024, 09:47 AM   #941
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Santiago frowns: "Looks like we need to calibrate it more. We'll try a lot less next time. Did you dream?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Hey, get back here! We're not done yet!"

"Calm down Torez."

There is a bunch of commotion. Santiago approaches Julian. "What's the problem?"
Her voice is business like, calm, but with a slight sharp edge.
I'm still upset with the lot of them. "You keep poking me for no reason, you won't tell me what I'm screaming at, you're not listening to me, and I just can't do this!"

I slump down into the corner and start striking myself on the head, "Useless! Useless! Useless!"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:54 AM   #942
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm still upset with the lot of them. "You keep poking me for no reason, you won't tell me what I'm screaming at, you're not listening to me, and I just can't do this!"

I slump down into the corner and start striking myself on the head, "Useless! Useless! Useless!"
Santiago looks unsure of what to do. Most of the room does. Finally santiago steps forward "Do you need a moment?" she checks her watch... one of the few people Julian has seen wear one on either Koru or Panogos. "We can give you some time. Take a deep breath. Go walk down and the hall and back. Stretch your legs."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 09:27 AM   #943
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Do you need a moment?"
I quietly nod
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
she checks her watch... one of the few people Julian has seen wear one on either Koru or Panogos.
I guess it looks different from a monitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"We can give you some time. Take a deep breath. Go walk down and the hall and back. Stretch your legs."
I go for a walk and get a sip of water. I feel a little better.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 09:16 AM   #944
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Julian returns. Something is different. Everyone treats him like he's made of glass.

He has a much lower dose of medicine that night. And that night, he dreams... not of nightmares, but really dreams....


OCC: Loading screen here. The dream will be in a new post.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:46 AM   #945
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Julian Dreamed.

Julian dreamed of sand.

Sand on the ground, heaped up into towering dunes.

Sand blowing into tents where Nomads Sang rythmic songs

Sand in tall adobe buildings, built into cliffs, grains blowing in through the windows and doors, while women cooked flat cakes and simple stews over fire.

Sand in the air, filling it with a coarse impenetrable haze kept aloft by wind

Sand blowing across lush fields of crops, and into a canal.

Sand on a ship, blowing across the decks, weighing down the sails, as men in long robes shoveled and swept the sand off of the wooden deck and down to the rocky ground below.





Julian woke up in the dark. He could feel cool polished stone beneath him, and his diary and pen. It was silent, dry, and still.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 09:07 AM   #946
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

I wake, confused by the lack of alarm or daylight. It feels like I slept in, so it's not like I've woken in the middle of the night.

I call out and look around for any trace of light, "Santiago? Celsa? Albak?"

Assuming he sees and hears nothing in response...

Am I dead again? Is... Is this what's supposed to happen? Darkness forever? I... I couldn't have died! I was in good health! They, they wouldn't have killed me over a temper tantrum!

I feel myself. I'm naked again. It's like Riask and Panogos. Santiago, she wouldn't just stick me in a dark room with no clothes to make a point... I've moved the same way as before, and now it's...

I stand up. "I can move! Dead people can't move!"

I draw a light Vasic on my hand to light this dark place.

I'd roll for it, but the stakes of failure are effectively nil.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:05 AM   #947
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

He shines the light around: The room is about 15 feet by 30 feet, with a low table shaped from some sort of stone or concrete dominating the center. Its covered with various greasy stains. Hanging from the ceiling are four metal cages each with a glass sphere in them, something like lights, but with no wires... simple tied yarn or twine is holding them up. There are four doors, all consisting of glassy beads on thread that scatter the light. three doors are on the long sides of the room, one leaves from the end. near the door in the end is what looks like many many carpets rolled up and stacked.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:47 AM   #948
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He shines the light around: The room is about 15 feet by 30 feet, with a low table shaped from some sort of stone or concrete dominating the center. Its covered with various greasy stains.
Where was Julian lying before he awoke? The floor or the table?

I look at the stains. Do they look like food stains? Maybe people eat here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hanging from the ceiling are four metal cages each with a glass sphere in them, something like lights, but with no wires... simple tied yarn or twine is holding them up.
I recall conversations in Bumundo. Maybe this is pretend Vasic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There are four doors, all consisting of glassy beads on thread that scatter the light. three doors are on the long sides of the room, one leaves from the end.
So, like beaded curtains? I poke my head and hand through and check the other rooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
near the door in the end is what looks like many many carpets rolled up and stacked.
I examine the carpets. Are any of them the right size to cover myself with (i.e. Large enough to cover, short enough to not be impractical?)
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 10:52 AM   #949
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Where was Julian lying before he awoke? The floor or the table?
The table.


Quote:
I look at the stains. Do they look like food stains? Maybe people eat here.
They do look like food stains (Julian has housekeeping-13!)

Quote:
So, like beaded curtains? I poke my head and hand through and check the other rooms.
Beaded Curtains, yeah.



The door at the end of the room has an oven formed from clay with a stack of some dry flat brownish-black substance next to it. Clay cookware has been carefully stacked, along with basins baskets. This room is roughly the same size as the first, but placed at right angles, with a door at its far end and against the wall opposite where Julian is sticking his head. These are also beaded.

The two doors near each other lead into passages that connect briefly and then turn a corner.

The door opposite that leads to a hall with a beaded door immediately on the left, and a beaded curtain at the end of the hall 25 feet ahead on the right.


Quote:
I examine the carpets. Are any of them the right size to cover myself with (i.e. Large enough to cover, short enough to not be impractical?)
They're a little big, but yes, he can use them that way with little issue.

The stylized carpets depict trees, flowers, tigers, elephants, rabbits, game birds, and abstract knots.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 12:07 PM   #950
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The table.
I wonder who placed me on the table. I usually wake on the ground or floor. Then again I didn't exactly have a bed the last two times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They're a little big, but yes, he can use them that way with little issue.

The stylized carpets depict trees, flowers, tigers, elephants, rabbits, game birds, and abstract knots.
I spend too much time thinking about which is the least "girly" before settling on the tigers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The door opposite that leads to a hall with a beaded door immediately on the left, and a beaded curtain at the end of the hall 25 feet ahead on the right.
I head down the hallway and check out both doors. I tap on the wall at the end. Does it feel thin? I wonder what's beyond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The two doors near each other lead into passages that connect briefly and then turn a corner.
So the two doors connect in briefly then turn off in different directions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The door at the end of the room has an oven formed from clay with a stack of some dry flat brownish-black substance next to it. Clay cookware has been carefully stacked, along with basins baskets. This room is roughly the same size as the first, but placed at right angles, with a door at its far end and against the wall opposite where Julian is sticking his head. These are also beaded.
Let's call the direction this room is in, "South", the hall with doors, "East", and the twisty passages "West". If this room is perpendicular to the Dining Room, is its far end "East" or "West"? Or are there two far ends?

So are there two doors (one at the far end and one on the wall opposite), or one door on the far end on the opposite wall?

If you're fine running these in parallel,

I check out the black-brown substance, and check if it gets my hands dirty. Maybe it's coal. I guess this is the kitchen, and the other room is some kind of dining room. Maybe there's something I can eat in here. I check the other doorways.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.