Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #721
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The little gremlin yanks at the hole it came from, widening it. The demon grabs the little thing to stop the damage its causing. Anil swings at the demon again, opening a slit that smoke pours out of.

The demon yanks the little creature off of him and slams it into a nearby tree, stepping back from Anil's blade. The Demon slaps the blade aside. Peter has his bow out now, and fires an arrow, which goes just to the right as the demon steps left.

Anil shouts as Peter moves forward "What about Sojala?" (the guard who was pulled off of his horse).

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 01:15 PM   #722
the_matrix_walker

"I'll get him!"

Peter rushes to Sojala's side and loops Sojala's horse's reins to the saddle of his own horse, and tries to help Sojala onto the horse, laying him over so he is resting on his stomach if that's what needs to happen to secure him.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:35 AM   #723
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Demon grabs at Anil again, and gets a massive arm around him. Anil hacks at the arm gripping him, and gets a pretty good cut in, with more smoke pouring out. The demon pales, but gets a grip on Anil with his other hand. But Anil wriggles free at the last moment. (OCC: wow, lucky roll)

Peter is rushing over to Sojala. The man is conscious, but his leg isn't working. "I hit it." He stammers. "I.. I hit it. Why is it still up?". Peter helps lift him to his good leg.

Anil parries another attempt to close with him, and the creature does seem to be slowing down, smoke pouring out. Anil strikes again, and the thing staggers, then collapses into a pool of thick dark smoke.

Sojala is in a lot of pain. Peter helps him struggle up on his horse. He says he prefers to sit, and starts turning the reigns to leave the area.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #724
the_matrix_walker

Once Sojala is back on his horse, Peter re-readies his bow and heads for the site. He concentrates and reaches out to see if he can connect with any of the magic here as he carefully presses on.

"Wait for us from safety, Sojala. You should be safe if you go just a bit farther out, but maybe you can cover us with your rifle."
Old 06-10-2021, 07:11 AM   #725
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Sojala heads away from the site. "Thank You." He mutters something in his native toungue

Peter is not able to connect with any ambient magic, but he is able to shape the thick cloud of smoke the demon left if he wishes.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:58 PM   #726
the_matrix_walker

Peter seizes control of the burst of smoke left behind when the creature disintegrates and tries to re-form it into the shape of a giant insectoid warrior that walks on two legs with four arms bearing vicious claws... A creature he saw reading comic books back home...

"Now let's see if secondhand smoke is as dangerous as they say!"

As he moves behind it to take the lead to the circle.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:55 AM   #727
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

As he's making it, he's not sure he'll be able to reach the full size given with the smoke and energy he has. What's his response? Also, give me an IQ roll...

Old 06-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #728
the_matrix_walker

Peter concentrates and condenses the size of his creation to optimize its size and density for the available smoke.

((IQ Roll = 4 + 2 + 2 = 8 = Sucess by 3))

He summons all the strength he can and pours his best effort into the act.

((Add +2 FP to the mix for enhanced skill or effect as best fits))
Old 06-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #729
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Spending FP... nice. The IQ roll was for something else... I'll make another one for you

3+6+1 = 10 ... success by 1.

Peter gets the Insect formed. Its smaller than he had hoped, only about five feet tall, but its armed with sharp striking arms, and it has a solid base to strike from. It hisses at Peter, but he feels no hostility from it. Goliath is wary of it.

Anil makes a mace, then quickly regains his composure "What is that? I have seen no demon like it."

the warrior's ST is slightly higher than human: a 12.

Old 06-12-2021, 01:34 PM   #730
the_matrix_walker

Does Peter feel the connection to this creature as he has with the creations from the campfire?

"I made him to help us to get to the circle!" Peter deepens his concentration as he gives the order... "Lead the way 'Insector'! Protect our group and get us to the circle!"

Tags
lost in dreams