Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #201
bob2cow

Default Re: Member House Rules

I play that you are able to trade sidekicks, minions, hirelings. Any one else.
bob2cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:59 AM   #202
thedag

Default Re: House Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty275 View Post
I like to have people make up a really impressive title if they try to equip the really impressive title and if its not impressive enough they only get +1 or +2 instead of +3
a friend suggested you should make up a title and say it at the beginning of either every combat to get the bonus from it.
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #203
thedag

Default Re: House Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankroyd View Post
The Thief can only steal once per turn. Because a level 1. Some abused of his capacity without any drawback if the theft failed.
We resolved this by declaring that the thief must be able to lose a level to steal.

your suggestion is good but one game I stole all items I could from everybody until I had nothing left to discard and was level 1. Which means I lost all the items I actually stole! That was fun!
thedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #204
bob2cow

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchykin View Post
My group has a house rule about forgotten loot. If for some reason you forget to search the room or take some of your treasures when you end your turn, somebody else can just walk in and take them. The rational is that you're all part of the adventuring party and if you're dumb enough to leave something behind on the ground when you leave the room, then anybody else can just pick it up.

We don't use this rule against new people, in fact we point out when they leave stuff behind and let them go back and get it, but we also remind them that it won't be like that forever... We're pretty merciless with each other though.
This is a good rule along. We play the same way, with if you forget a level you lose it on your next turn.
bob2cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #205
almightyk

Default plutonium dragon house rule

hey all just wondering who agrees with this

i was reading through the monster manual and i discovered the plutonium dragon gets weaker as it gets older

so as a house rule, my house mate and i agreed that age affecting monster enhancers have the opposite effect to the score, but not the treasure

I.E. a baby card will increase it by 5, but still takes away one treasure, but the ancient card decreases it by 10, but gives two extra treasures

thoughts?
almightyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #206
Nerftw

Default Re: plutonium dragon house rule

Plutonium Dragon is an actual D&D monster? I though it was just a joke. :o
Nerftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM   #207
Teddy

That's not a bad house rule, I suppose, although I myself personally hate house rules. One of the gentlemen I play with has often wondered why being ancient would raise a monster's level, but due to my (and other friends') aforementioned aversion to house rulings, nothing was ever done about it.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #208
almightyk

@nerftw it's in the MUNCHKIN monster manual. although in d&d there are different types of dragons, this one is merely powered by plutonium.

@teddy as it is based in an rpg world, being ancient means you have had many many many MANY MANY MANY years to gain experience and level up
almightyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #209
AMOE

Why would the monster get better levels when it's older? Look at your age. Do you get more experience (in life) the longer you live, and older you are? or do you get less and less experience?

That'd be why, methinks.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #210
Nerftw

Well, i think that sort of unbalances the cards. The whole point of the extra treasure is because you've raised the level of the monster.

Not to mention it completely eliminates the whole point of the +10 card, rendering it pretty useless to use against somebody, while increasing the treasure. Given that I dont' think there's a monster above level 20, that's pretty much a "free treasure" card instead.
Nerftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice