Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-20-2020, 07:45 PM   #1
Sorenant

Default Mechanical Arrowheads?

As a person that never went hunting, I found today that there's these mechanical arrowheads that looks like something out of a marvel movie.
After a quick research, it seems their advantage lies in folding up the blades during flight to make them more accurate and expanding them on impact to improve lethality.
To those that knows more about it, do these gadgets provide any actual mechanical advantage in GURPS terms? It seems to me like it would be just a fluff on balanced broadhead arrows.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:16 PM   #2
Rupert

Default Re: Mechanical Arrowheads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
As a person that never went hunting, I found today that there's these mechanical arrowheads that looks like something out of a marvel movie.
After a quick research, it seems their advantage lies in folding up the blades during flight to make them more accurate and expanding them on impact to improve lethality.
To those that knows more about it, do these gadgets provide any actual mechanical advantage in GURPS terms? It seems to me like it would be just a fluff on balanced broadhead arrows.
I'd just call them broadheads, balanced if you like, though I'd call it "+20% to 1/2D and Max range".

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:28 PM   #3
Anthony

Default Re: Mechanical Arrowheads?

There are many things for sale that have no real benefits beyond sounding cool. In principle something like that could be slightly useful, but I doubt it has any effects significant enough to be worth the extra money.

Tags
archery, arrow, bow, high-tech