Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-17-2021, 07:42 AM   #1001
jbalsle

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

In Excel v2109 Build 16.0.14430.20256 64bit

"The following user defined functions, created in an older version of Excel, have the same name as build-in Excel functions. When these function names are used, the new built-in functions will be used. which may give different results. To avoid this conflict, rename the user-defined functions and change the associated formulae to use the new name."

This is for function Phi.

I'm not sure if this impacts the use of the spreadsheet, but I'm about to find out.
jbalsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:10 PM   #1002
Adina

Is there a way to apply Campaign Options to an entire Saved Ships sheet? Or do I have to do it one ship at a time?
Adina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:35 PM   #1003
Adina

And another request.

Some of my ships are refitted later in their careers with a different weapons loadout.

Would it be possible to add an option for alternate weapons in the weapons systems block?
Old 01-07-2022, 08:24 PM   #1004
DaltonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurrell View Post
And another request.

Some of my ships are refitted later in their careers with a different weapons loadout.

Would it be possible to add an option for alternate weapons in the weapons systems block?
Anything is possible but not everything is practical. It would be easier to just make the refit changes to the original ship design and save it under a slightly different name (perhaps adding a version letter/number to the end of the name).
Dalton “Remember all the versions of the Enterprise?” Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 06:55 AM   #1005
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
And another request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonS View Post
Anything is possible but not everything is practical. It would be easier to just make the refit changes to the original ship design and save it under a slightly different name (perhaps adding a version letter/number to the end of the name).
IMO that's really the best way. If these ships are following a standard upgrade path, and more than one variant is going to show up in the gameworld, then save each variant as a seperate ship. If you're talking about one specific Hero Ship (such as the PCs ship) then change it for any upgrades it has been given and save it under a unique name. If you want to record the changes either add that in the Notes or save it under a unique name every time it's upgraded.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 05:52 PM   #1006
Adina

Oh, I understand if its not practical but it doesn't hurt to ask. I've been either putting the changes in the notes (but then I don't have the stats available) or saving a variant sheet as mentioned.

It's a minor issue I know, just would prefer to have it all on one sheet. I guess I can always do some cut-n-paste of the print out.

Anyway, thank you eric for doing this.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:39 PM   #1007
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Oh, I understand if its not practical but it doesn't hurt to ask. I've been either putting the changes in the notes (but then I don't have the stats available) or saving a variant sheet as mentioned.

It's a minor issue I know, just would prefer to have it all on one sheet. I guess I can always do some cut-n-paste of the print out.

Anyway, thank you eric for doing this.
If all you want is the stats available for the older/variant weapons systems then just add them to the ship at no quantity listed. In order to add extra "dummy" weapons you'll first need to reduce the quantity of the installed weapons so that the sheet will allow you to install the extra, then set the quantity of the installed weapon back to where you want it and the extra weapons will be saved with the ship and show in the Weapons section. This is particularly useful for Missile Launchers where a ship might carry a number of different warheads, changing them out as needed or as they're used up and replaced (or not) with other missiles.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:13 PM   #1008
Adina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
If all you want is the stats available for the older/variant weapons systems then just add them to the ship at no quantity listed. In order to add extra "dummy" weapons you'll first need to reduce the quantity of the installed weapons so that the sheet will allow you to install the extra, then set the quantity of the installed weapon back to where you want it and the extra weapons will be saved with the ship and show in the Weapons section. This is particularly useful for Missile Launchers where a ship might carry a number of different warheads, changing them out as needed or as they're used up and replaced (or not) with other missiles.
Perfect! That's exactly what I wanted. Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:50 AM   #1009
DaltonS

Is there a way to create custom user habitat modules like we can create user systems? It would make it easier to convert GT ship designs if I could translate their modular components into cabin equivalents. Sometimes even smaller systems are larger than I want.
Dalton “still working on translation issues Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 01:33 PM   #1010
DemiBenson

I just got back into making interesting ships using this spreadsheet. It’s even more awesome than I remember! So thank you Eric!

I do have two requests for future additions
  • A check-box or option-drop-down for vectored thrust on engines, which (I imagine) would multiply engine thrust times 2/3
  • A check-box or drop-down to take into account hot-bunking, a common practice on smaller modern warships

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet