Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-05-2021, 02:11 PM   #181
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How will Halcyone go about looking for deposed priests?
I'll google it! 🤪
Quote:
[90] 21-10-05 20:59:58 BST
Research - 5
3d6 <= 10
1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
Ok, if that doesn't get me anything, I'll try asking around the headquarters if anyone's knows anything.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:14 PM   #182
the_matrix_walker

And Vassarious will check the reference materials for directions to locate the senate and mist back out to escape the complex and head that way.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:37 PM   #183
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll google it! 🤪

Ok, if that doesn't get me anything, I'll try asking around the headquarters if anyone's knows anything.

There is a very old former preexist who lives about an hour's drive outside of Lithus City. His name is Hyrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
And Vassarious will check the reference materials for directions to locate the senate and mist back out to escape the complex and head that way.
Vassarious makes it out and to the senate itself, which is quite close nearby. The senate won't meet for two more days, but the building is busy none-the-less with various officials and other people who seem to be quite pleased with themselves.

Who will be be seeking out?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:05 PM   #184
TGLS

Quote:
There is a very old former preexist who lives about an hour's drive outside of Lithus City. His name is Hyrum.
Well I don't imagine I can come up with much of a reason to go that far away from HQ, especially with a guard schedule, so I guess I'll be backburnering it for now.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:27 PM   #185
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious searches for the offices of the governor of Monstri, Moratus Ingelni.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #186
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Vassarious searches for the offices of the governor of Monstri, Moratus Ingelni.
Its closed today, but will be open tomorrow.

(its also near the senate, but not in it. Lots and lots of government offices here)

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-11-2021, 08:23 PM   #187
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious uses a bit of Tradecraft and comes up with an imperial identity for travelling the capital. Do the people seem to carry papers or identification they might need to make arrangements for?
Old 10-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #188
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Vassarious uses a bit of Tradecraft and comes up with an imperial identity for travelling the capital. Do the people seem to carry papers or identification they might need to make arrangements for?
TL 7 identification is widespread, yes. Important people also tend to have electronic identities, and you'll need a bit to set those up as well. How complete of an identity do you want to set up?

Vassarious has the skills to set up the identity, but it will take a day or two. Roll tradecraft to get the right contacts, raw materials, and so forth.

Quote:
"I guess it's a plan. Hopefully we can meet there; not sure if you're going to have trouble entering a war zone..."

So this makes three long tasks?
1) Memetic persuasion of Rubrum
2) Investigating whether there are any leaks in HQ
3) Inquire about the deposed priests
Halcyone isn't quite sure about leaks at headquarters when Rubrum starts talking about getting information from the front near the Sabuleum gate. she has eleminated a good three quarters of the officers from her "most suspicious" list, but has been focusing on getting Rubrum near the caverns.

He makes one last visit to the hospital to visit Alexa (the hospital with the man who says he saw the emperor). After that he'll travel with a unit of fresh recruits down to the Sabuleum gate.

Will Halcyone be visiting the deposed priest before they go?

Old 10-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #189
TGLS

Quote:
Halcyone isn't quite sure about leaks at headquarters when Rubrum starts talking about getting information from the front near the Sabuleum gate. she has eliminated a good three quarters of the officers from her "most suspicious" list, but has been focusing on getting Rubrum near the caverns.
Well, I guess unless I go AWOL I'm sure I'll be able to make it back to pick up where I left off.

Quote:
He makes one last visit to the hospital to visit Alexa (the hospital with the man who says he saw the emperor). After that he'll travel with a unit of fresh recruits down to the Sabuleum gate.

Will Halcyone be visiting the deposed priest before they go?
I don't think I can get leave through proper channels to do this; could I persuade Thelo to cover for me and/or drive me out while Rubrum's sleeping or something?
Old 10-13-2021, 10:05 AM   #190
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I don't think I can get leave through proper channels to do this; could I persuade Thelo to cover for me and/or drive me out while Rubrum's sleeping or something?

You have a few off-duty moments, yes... What will you tell Thelo when you ask him to drive you out there?