Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2021, 09:10 PM   #8
timm meyers

Default Re: Big Cats & Other Animals

wow I think the idea of giving wild animals various levels of U.C. is BRILLIENT! Basically you equate "claws" as per level of U.C.
Remove all damage dice and just go by bare hand ST chart with claw I, II, or III Which is equal to U.C. I, II, or III (even IV or V if you want bigger than bear claw mutant sabre lions...)

You no longer need fur armor (which I personally think is visually silly) as the U.C. always on Evade grants -DX defense and far more reflective of a quick agile wolf, cat, or even bear.
Change the Kick to a HtH only "throat bite or belly rip" attack still keeping all adjustments.
Yes! shield rush yes! of course it titles "pounce or rush" instead of throw

Common Wolf ST-10 DX-14 with Claws I = does reg. snapping attack 1d-2, HtH throat bite(-4DX kick but +4DX HtH = 0 change) 1d damage

Timber Wolf ST-10 DX-14 with Claws II = reg. attack 1d-1, HtH throat bite (-2DX but +4DX HtH = +2DX) 1d+2 Plus they are -1DX to hit from front and deflect 1 hit, and can "Rush" for knockdown

Dire wolf ST-10 DX-14 with Claws III =reg. attack 1d, HtH throat bite (-1DX but +4DX = +3DX) 2d !!!! Plus -2DX to hit and deflect 2hits (not liking the armor aspect so much but...) and their "Rush" attack is a 4d6 defense roll to fall or not

A pack of 10 Strength timber wolves with an alpha dire wolf would be so much more potent and fun this way I think.

Tiger - ST-24 DX-14 with Claw II? = reg. attack 1d+4 (is that a 2d6+1?), HtH throat rip is +3DX at 1d+7! (or 3d+1) yikes

OK maybe claws this way might be a bit too scary come the large ST animals but probably far more true to life. Hmmmm?
timm meyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate attack, grappling, hth, natural weapons