Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2021, 06:34 PM   #731
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

A moment before their meeting ends, Pacifica suggests the team should rendezvous (later) to make sure the “emergency” actions took place.

The situation is dire, we have to make sure everybody is faring well after carrying out the plan. What do you think?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:48 AM   #732
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
A moment before their meeting ends, Pacifica suggests the team should rendezvous (later) to make sure the “emergency” actions took place.

The situation is dire, we have to make sure everybody is faring well after carrying out the plan. What do you think?
Daymar replies, "Yes, we should meet up again in, say...48 hours? Or do you prefer sooner?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:43 AM   #733
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar replies, "Yes, we should meet up again in, say...48 hours? Or do you prefer sooner?"
"Yeah that works for me. Gives me enough time to complete at least 2/3 tasks."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:46 AM   #734
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica agrees with her team and bids them farewell.

Alright, see you later!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:09 AM   #735
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

What will Daymar and Pacifica be doing in the mean time? Pacifica may want to get some sleep... she's down 2.5 hours and counting.



Quote:
OK, I'll tell her I'm having an affair with an officer and I'll need her to cover for me for half an hour and she can't tell anyone.

Well on one hand she'll believe anything, but on the other hand I really blew it. Maybe I can try a second fast-talk to reinforce it?

"Sure... an officer. Don't Worry, I'll cover while you go see your 'officer'. don't take too long!"

Quote:
(OOC: Is that enough time? Is it way too much?)
for a romantic dalliance, or for your task? its short for romance (though people can and have made do with such times) and long for your task.

Quote:
Now trudging on: stealth to get up to the engineering floor, observation to spot the Jivthi, and Filch (maybe should be Pickpocket? I could try default) to place the note on him. Then I'll check time.
Hua finds him just fine. I feel like shadowing roll is needed to get where you need to go without attracting attention. if that succeeds, the filch will be fine. If he notices its all the better, while if others notice, its a problem, and that sounds more like filch than pickpocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Yeah, I meant my sleep segment. I think it matched up with the time I cased the mess previously.
yes, that should give you the same cooks with the same general schedule. That window won't be for another seven hours or so.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 06-23-2021 at 08:04 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:35 PM   #736
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar is looking for an opportune time to find and subvert Chiki. Since she is on Pacifica's shift, that means she's asleep now, right? How easy would it be to sneak into her sleeping quarters (versus waiting and trying to get while she's on- or off-duty)?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #737
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica has the following activities for the coming days:

Working with the information hub at lunch.

Learning about Nejora and catch up on sleep (during down-time and off hours).

Talking to Lt. Vinobi, and let her know about the subverted officers:

Understanding that Lt. Vinobi is one of Pacifica’s immediate superiors, she will address him as the procedures allow it. She will ask Vinobi for a moment to inform him of potential Dread-Stormers or “La Quinta” supporters, in private, considering it is delicate matter.

Provided she gets her chance, she speaks to Vinobi:


As you know, Lieutenant, efforts to identify La Quinta and Dread-Stormers supporters have been redoubled over the past few days; as part of a special investigation and a series of evidence-based interviews, the relevant identification tasks have been carried out successfully.

However, we cannot let our guard down, for this reason I want to express my concerns with you; It is possible there are other sympathizers on the ship (very close to you). It is not in my power to conduct an investigation; however, you have sufficient authorization to present the case to the authority, determine if surveillance is required and ultimately discover if there are any risks in this regard.

So, under my duty as a member of the crew, I give you the following names…


It is then that Pacifica exposes the names of the officers.

Savoir-Faire (Military):
3d6 <= 14
1 + 4 + 1 = 6 ... success.

Fast-talk:
3d6 <= 13
2 + 6 + 4 = 12 ... success.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 06-30-2021 at 06:29 PM. Reason: GM Update, Vinobi instead of Chojo.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:03 AM   #738
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is looking for an opportune time to find and subvert Chiki. Since she is on Pacifica's shift, that means she's asleep now, right? How easy would it be to sneak into her sleeping quarters (versus waiting and trying to get while she's on- or off-duty)?
No, Chiki is on third shift, Pacifica is on second. Chiki is currently working.


sneaking into sleeping areas is a little tricky. You are walking into a very quiet room of 26 people who are supposed to be asleep: in practice, someone is usually awake, trying to fall asleep, worried about something, or has just finished going to the bathroom. Its dark, but these people all know each other. An ordinary stealth check should suffice. If you get caught, you'll be in big trouble because you're obviously not supposed to be there (as opposed to the folks who were sneaking out).



walking into her work place is a little odd: you've got multiple sections in that room and its one of the reliable places to run into officers. You could just walk in, say something to her, and walk out, but she might be asked who you were, and that could cause issue if she has a terrible answer.


Catching her off-hours is not difficult and doesn't raise comment, expect that you might not know where she is. The time when she is most predictable and easy to approach without comment is meal-time. You'll want a buddy of some sort for that.



So you have options. Let me know which one you pick.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
...
Ok, lets remember some of this... for later it seems the next 5.5 hours for Pacifica will be spent getting a good night's sleep.



Hua's mission may interrupt that sleep though, so lets hold off on anything after that...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:37 AM   #739
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
for a romantic dalliance, or for your task? its short for romance (though people can and have made do with such times) and long for your task.
I meant for my task. That should give me time to get a hold of the filler afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua finds him just fine. I feel like shadowing roll is needed to get where you need to go without attracting attention. if that succeeds, the filch will be fine. If he notices its all the better, while if others notice, its a problem, and that sounds more like filch than pickpocket.
Great! I have Shadowing.
Quote:
[491] 21-06-23 16:17:53 CEST
Shadowing
3d6 <= 16 : 4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success
Next to break into the medical locker where the filler was:
-> Stealth to get over to the locker
-> Lockpicking at -4 (possible bonus for previously opening it?) to open it
-> Perception to search it for scalpels
-> First Aid to identify narcotics or something hazardous to mix in with the fake pills
And grab the filler (I assume no roll necessary as I did this before
Quote:
[492] 21-06-23 16:28:33 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 3 + 4 + 1 = 8 ... success
[493] 21-06-23 16:29:10 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 10 : 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 ... failure
[494] 21-06-23 16:29:22 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 10 : 3 + 5 + 6 = 14 ... failure
[495] 21-06-23 16:29:54 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 10 : 1 + 1 + 5 = 7 ... success
I suppose I might have been interrupted, but I'll assume not.
Quote:
[496] 21-06-23 16:31:39 CEST
Perception
3d6 <= 14 : 3 + 3 + 3 = 9 ... success
[497] 21-06-23 16:32:24 CEST
First Aid
3d6 <= 14 : 6 + 4 + 4 = 14 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
yes, that should give you the same cooks with the same general schedule. That window won't be for another seven hours or so.
OK, now to stash the things I stole in my hiding place and return to Thibi.
-> Stealth to get to hidey place
-> Camouflage to hide it
-> Stealth to return to Thibi
Quote:
[500] 21-06-23 16:35:24 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 3 + 6 + 1 = 10 ... success
[499] 21-06-23 16:35:19 CEST
Camouflage
3d6 <= 16 : 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... success
[498] 21-06-23 16:35:13 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success
What can I roll to build up my romantic dalliance lie with Thibi? I'll try to get more rest again.

Last edited by TGLS; 06-23-2021 at 08:56 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:55 AM   #740
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Hua moves across the engineering deck, pretending to do work and inspect gauges. She doesn't actually know what a good or bad reading is: her training is in other areas. She passes near Jivithi, gives a salute, and "accidentally taps" his uniform as her hand drops. With any luck he'll notice the instructions sooner rather than later.

Hua's raid of the armory is successful: she takes a while to get the lock, but she gets it open. She finds scalpels, filler, narcotics, and a powder with a big red warning label on it. She stashes all of her stolen goods for later

Thibi says Hua could have been gone for longer: 30 minutes isn't much time. perhaps the "officer" could only spare a few moments?

Go ahead and try to spin a better story.

Four hours later, the ship drops out of hyperspace. (2 hours into the second shift. It WAS 61 hours until you arrived at the depot... but no more. it might still be 59 hours until daymar's shift is locked down).

Pacific is tired from loss of sleep last night, and has just gotten up for the morning when the ship drops out of hyperspace. There is the recognizable shudder. There is a moment of silence, then the room breaks out in loud conversation. Most people are saying the ship had more drive trouble, like it was having before. Others say they wanted to surprise the dreadstormers and they are at a supply depot. Pacifica's meal crew waffles between the two options, discussing them. They know that someone tried to sabotage the voltmeters, and they've heard the rumors about the supply depot. They lean towards dreadstormer sabotage. After about two minutes, the mess NCO gets a call from the telephone in the mess, and announces that this is an unscheduled drop out of hyperspace, and they should get ready for a long day of course plotting, because a lot of contingencies need to be triggered or completely reworked. They hope the exact location can be calculated by the shift before you. Maybe.

Daymar and Hua have just gone to sleep for about an hour when they drop out of hyperspace. Daymar's mess wakes right up, and one spacer starts trying to analyze the cause of the drop out from the sound of the ship vibration as it happened. Loudly, from his top bunk, to the entire room. Half of them start getting dressed, ready to assist in repairing the drive. Their NCO runs to the mess to get instructions for them.

Hua's mess is much more subdued, and less sure of what happened. Their NCO tells them that the ship has dropped out of hyperspace unscheduled, and they should get a good night's rest because tomorrow will be a long hard day, but they're not needed yet, and they don't have enough vehicles to use all three shifts at once.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 06-24-2021 at 07:58 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.