Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2022, 08:54 AM   #1191
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The compies continue their efforts.

The ones on the prone thug stay latched onto his pants. a smoking compy retreats under a table. The freedom compy slices the tape on the leg this time.

The prisoner stands up as a pistol shot is fired at him. It hits (by a margin of 0, and the dodge fails). The man stays up, and moves forward as quickly as he can... but not as fast as the thugs can run. (he's below 1/3rd HP now)

*****************************

Peter, Goliath, and the Catgirl make it to the door, pull it open, and enter a hallway. The hall looks industrial, and runs in the same direction as the bay full of tanks. It looks like there might be doors at either end, and there are matching doors on each side of it.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 10:58 AM   #1192
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter curses silently that he played his magic card and failed so utterly. Now if he gets caught there will be questions and he's got nothing to show for it.

He asks the Catgirl "Do you know the way out?"

He gazes at her cat features... "What did they do?"

He will follow the girl's lead if she knows where she is going, but otherwise, he rushes from door to door trying to find their way out...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 06:37 AM   #1193
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter can't stop thinking of the prisoner and the fate that awaits him.

He stops with a pang of conscience and turns to the cat-girl.

"Keep going. Take Goliath and get out of here. I'll catch up. I can't just leave that guy."

Peter turns back, heads towards the prisoner, and spares a glance through compy-eyes to get a view of the situation as he approaches.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:33 AM   #1194
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter curses silently that he played his magic card and failed so utterly. Now if he gets caught there will be questions and he's got nothing to show for it.

He asks the Catgirl "Do you know the way out?"

He gazes at her cat features... "What did they do?"
She shakes her head about knowing the way out. "No, I haven't been this far before"


"He woke me up, gave me clothes, and told me to hide from the other men. So I did."


Quote:
He will follow the girl's lead if she knows where she is going, but otherwise, he rushes from door to door trying to find their way out...

Peter can't stop thinking of the prisoner and the fate that awaits him.

He stops with a pang of conscience and turns to the cat-girl.

"Keep going. Take Goliath and get out of here. I'll catch up. I can't just leave that guy."

She doesn't take the lead, and seems to have no knowledge about where they are.



Quote:
Peter turns back, heads towards the prisoner, and spares a glance through compy-eyes to get a view of the situation as he approaches.

The struggle is over. Most of the compies are running around hiding and making as much noise and trouble as possible, stepping on screens, throwing objects over, and so on (is biting cords kosher for them?). Two of the thugs are running around trying to stop them. One thug is standing watch while the one who had the riffle is conducting an actual interrogation this time, asking about who else is here. The prisoner is on the ground, bleeding out, while his interrogator keeps him there with a foot. He also has a knife out. The prisoner is groaning he doesn't know who else is here.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #1195
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter scowls... It seems if he had a window to get the prisoner to safety, it has since closed.

He returns to the quest of getting himself and the cat girl out of the building to safety.

Peter directs the compies to stop causing chaos, and instead hide and spy unless the men go through the door leading to Peter, in which case, back to bedlam.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 10:40 AM   #1196
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Goliath lets out a low wine to let Peter know where they are and catch up to them. The room they are in looks pretty much the same as the room they just came from, but with fewer thugs. Crossing it again opens them into a hall much like the one before: this seems to be a series of bays.

squinting at the ends of the big room, there is no shortage of doors. Trying to get out, will they:
  • Go left towards what looks like garage doors a sizeable fraction of the room
  • Go right towards what looks like smaller doors
  • Continue forward through the complex of tanks
Peter is out of range of the compy's vision.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 02:58 PM   #1197
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

When you describe a room with fewer thugs, are these guys in some kind of uniform? Does it differ from what the prisoner was wearing?

Peter keeps a lookout for any potential resources and/or a change of clothes for either of them.

When he sees the doors Peter dashes to the left toward them, assuming that must be the exterior wall. He looks for any controls or a handle...


"This place is huge..."

As they rush around, Peter asks the cat girl questions...

"Who was the guy that woke you up?"

"Do you know what that guy's plan was?"

"What else can you tell me about these people and this place?"


Peter tries not to keep his gaze on the catgirl for long, neither of them is thoroughly dressed and there's an awkward feeling when his glances start to linger...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:05 AM   #1198
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
When you describe a room with fewer thugs, are these guys in some kind of uniform? Does it differ from what the prisoner was wearing?
sorry, that was an understatement... there are no thugs in this room. Just like the old room, but with no thugs. at least that he can see.


Quote:
Peter keeps a lookout for any potential resources and/or a change of clothes for either of them.
"potential resources..." that's kind of vague. The cabinets here are much better closed. They pass several of them on the way to the large doors. He spots more lab coats... if they want to double up or put her in one that's an option. He also spots a variety of tools, including power drills, wire cutters, fire extinguishers, Medical kits including scalpels and syringes, blank pads to write on, pens, and netting.



As they approach the doors, Peter sees a large flatbed truck. It looks odd, but he's not immediately sure why.


Quote:
When he sees the doors Peter dashes to the left toward them, assuming that must be the exterior wall. He looks for any controls or a handle...

"This place is huge..."
There is a marked control box next to each of the garage style doors. They don't seem to require authentication, but its not as simple as hitting a button. A normal sized door with a handle is next to it.



Quote:
As they rush around, Peter asks the cat girl questions...
Quote:
"Who was the guy that woke you up?"
"The decanter, of course."

Quote:
"Do you know what that guy's plan was?"

"His job is to wake me up and guide me to my home. He told me to climb up and stay away from those other men."
Quote:
"What else can you tell me about these people and this place?"
"This is the tank. It creates beautiful creatures like myself, and helps us get where we are needed."


Quote:
Peter tries not to keep his gaze on the catgirl for long, neither of them is thoroughly dressed and there's an awkward feeling when his glances start to linger...
She doesn't seem to notice.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:29 PM   #1199
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter grabs another lab coat for the cat girl... it gives them more pockets!

Wire cutters could come in handy, as could netting and medical kits... Peter grabs those, but nothing that requires plugging in, as he is concerned with outdoor survival.

Peter takes a second glance at the truck to see what struck him as odd... does it have exhaust? Is it sealed? Weird tires? Is it tied down?

Quote:
"This is the tank. It creates beautiful creatures like myself, and helps us get where we are needed."
"Decanter? Creates? When you say he woke you up... were you, like, just born? "

"Get's you where you're needed? Are we on a ship?"


Is there any ambient sound to speak of? Any feeling of motion?

If it doesn't look like some kind of atmospheric seal, Peter will open the door and take his group and head for cover.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:44 AM   #1200
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter takes a second glance at the truck to see what struck him as odd... does it have exhaust? Is it sealed? Weird tires? Is it tied down?
Weird tires and no exhaust.
Quote:
"Decanter? Creates? When you say he woke you up... were you, like, just born? "

"I was just decanted. I was learning in the first world. Preparing for my purpose.

Quote:
"Get's you where you're needed? Are we on a ship?"

"I don't think we're on a ship". She is quite unsure.

Quote:
Is there any ambient sound to speak of? Any feeling of motion?
Only the hum of the ventilation.

Quote:
If it doesn't look like some kind of atmospheric seal, Peter will open the door and take his group and head for cover.
Peter opens the door and the group steps out. He's outdoors... he thinks. The ground slopes up smoothly on either side, curving up and almost over his head. The center of the sky is a strip of bright white light, like a giant fluorescent tube light. There is a layer of fencing between him and the light. Behind them is either an artificially smooth cliff or a massive wall, made of iron plates. The area immediately in front of the door is landscaped and paved. about 200 yards beyond it is a wall maybe 60 feet tall, connected to the fencing overhead. Enormous trees of a jungle type he's never seen before* are up beyond the wall. There are some big gates in the wall, and some small doors.



He thinks he hears a vehicle somewhere, but he's not sure where.



* Peter has seen a lot of different types of forest at this point, and with survival, he pays attention!
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 09-22-2022 at 08:54 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.