Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 05-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
AMOE

Default Multiple Dice Roll (Combat)

Let's say that I'm an Elf Warrior, and happen to be in a room that is good for both of those. I know there's one, I just can't put my finger on it atm.

Anyways, on top of that, say I have the emerald ring, and face 2 green normal monsters in the room.

How many dice would I roll here?

Normally, 1 die.

Green ring allows me to have an extra die for each green monster, so in this case, 2 more dice.

Room adds 1 die from a green (positive) icon, but there are two here, and I am both Elf and Warrior, so, do I get an additionnal 2 for a total of 5 dice?

Does this mean that, if there were to be 3 green monsters in the room, I'd get to roll 6 dice against them all?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Multiple Dice Roll (Combat)

Yup. It's not meant to be overly complicated, so I'm not sure there's anything you can do here but either a) make sure you document what your rolls are, or b) get more dice. Just in case someone wants to use a Reloaded Die, of course. . .
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
AMOE

Unless you have 86 dice to roll for one battle (in which case I am REALLY wondering how no one has called you on your BS yet), I don't think documenting them would be really necessary.

What I do if there are more than 2 dice to be rolled, I take everyone else's dice, other than the monster's owner's dice.

If it happens that the monster is mine, I roll for me first, then switch the dice for someone else's color, and set them on the same numbers, THEN roll my dice for the monster.

It's, as you said, not all that complicated. Off the top of your head, or anyone else here for that matter, what is the highest number of dice you could roll for one battle?

I'm thinking...

1 (normal)
+2 (from 2 positive room icons)
+24 from monsters (from the bonus granted by all 4 rings against the toughest monsters, if there are even 12)

Meaning 27, unless there are even more sources for extra dice rolls that I am not aware of yet (haven't played extensively with MQ yet).

In which case, 27 for the player, and 24 for the monsters for a total of 51. Does anyone even HAVE that many dice? In this case, you might actually WANT to document them all and make sure you didn't forget one XD

Oh, there's also the roll from a thief's stabbity stab stabbing ability (I like calling it that way for some reason XD)
Old 05-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Solelron
Banned

well there is the dagger that gives a bonus, and of course if u are super munchkin et all you could have more class/races.

but then again..IF a room ever got that powerful, I would hope someone would just nuke it.
Solelron is offline   Reply With Quote