Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-30-2023, 01:25 PM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default GURPS Tactical Shooting: Extreme Conditions

Hundred-metre shot
Nothing special at the range
A Hail Mary here
— SSgt Tam Xander
GURPS is more realistic than most RPGs. Yet with good-but-not-excessive skill, decent gear, and a few seconds to set up, even believable starting characters can pull off some shots that would raise eyebrows in the real world. That's because while the rules account for basics like target size and range, don't overlook lighting or concealment, and justifiably penalize shooters for downright silliness, they also ignore a lot in the name of smooth game play.

GURPS Tactical Shooting introduces many real-world concerns for times when overcoming plausible challenges, fussy though they may be, is what makes the situation exciting. Now GURPS Tactical Shooting: Extreme Conditions is here with rules for gunplay in environments where almost any shot is an impressive one . . . if you make it. It delves deep into weather, climate, terrain, altitude, and more – even vacuum and gravity – exploring their effects on shooters, their gear, and the shots they take. Along with new problems come new solutions, in the form of specialized perks, techniques, and kit. Rounding it out is a generous list of recommended viewing.

When the brass can send you anywhere, you have to be ready for anything!

Store Link: https://warehouse23.com/collections/...eme-conditions
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 02:19 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS Tactical Shooting: Extreme Conditions

Been looking forward to this for several years now.
The playtest was interesting, though doubt I contributed enough to count. Buying it in a week or two to see if I get a comp copy first, was embarrassed buying another supplement earlier this year only to get a comp copy a few days later.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 02:33 PM   #3
Michael Thayne

Nice! I just bought a copy and based on a quick skim it looks quite useful not just for high-tech campaigns but also lower-tech ones with a significant wilderness component. I think it may be the first place I've seen things like clear rules for things like seeing through dense vegetation.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:17 PM   #4
Kallatari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Been looking forward to this for several years now.
The playtest was interesting, though doubt I contributed enough to count. Buying it in a week or two to see if I get a comp copy first, was embarrassed buying another supplement earlier this year only to get a comp copy a few days later.
The preview download has the page that lists those who got playtest credit, so if the policy of all named playtesters getting a comp copy hasn't changed, you should be able to see if you will receive one or not without waiting a couple of weeks.
Kallatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 10:28 PM   #5
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallatari View Post
The preview download has the page that lists those who got playtest credit, so if the policy of all named playtesters getting a comp copy hasn't changed, you should be able to see if you will receive one or not without waiting a couple of weeks.
Not always accurate, I got one comp where my name was left out. But thanks for the help.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 12-01-2023, 08:02 AM   #6
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Not always accurate, I got one comp where my name was left out. But thanks for the help.
There are technical reasons with the new storefront that have made comps a bit more challenging for now, and thus take longer (although a fix is in the works).

However, generally (at least in these PDF projects) folks listed in the credits should also be playtesters and thus get comp copies. So if you're listed in the credits and didn't get a copy, please hold tight for a week or so.

And if you didn't get listed in a credit that you otherwise might expect to be, please feel free to email me and I can investigate; we battle errata on all fronts.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:01 PM   #7
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
There are technical reasons with the new storefront that have made comps a bit more challenging for now, and thus take longer (although a fix is in the works).

However, generally (at least in these PDF projects) folks listed in the credits should also be playtesters and thus get comp copies. So if you're listed in the credits and didn't get a copy, please hold tight for a week or so.

And if you didn't get listed in a credit that you otherwise might expect to be, please feel free to email me and I can investigate; we battle errata on all fronts.
OK, thanks Steven.
Good news on a fix being in the works. Its not only better to get our comps as fast as we did in the old store I am sure it would be far less of a hassle for you. Though your efforts are appreciated!
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 12-01-2023, 12:10 PM   #8
Michael Thayne

Quote:
OK, thanks Steven.
Good news on a fix being in the works. Its not only better to get our comps as fast as we did in the old store I am sure it would be far less of a hassle for you. Though your efforts are appreciated!
Faster comps would also make it easier for me to hype things I've playtested on here.
Old 12-01-2023, 12:17 PM   #9
Phil Masters

Note for non-USA'ians; as the print version of this book comes via Amazon's PoD system, it should generally be available from your local Amazon subsidiary. It's certainly on Amazon UK.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 04:44 PM   #10
Donny Brook

This looks like another situation like Action 2 and Underground Adventure where a book of extremely broad utility is published under a niche line.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combat, guns