Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #1181
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

We had set up camp as stated, with the light sticks giving us daylight illumination around us, and are eating in a ready to fight fashion, alert. This should give the attackers at least -5 to their stealth and probably more penalties if they are using dark vision, making it highly unlikely to land a surprise hit on all party members.

I will use my luck to spoil their "stealth".

Rerolled their stealth to 12, stealth 15-5, failed skill level, ambushed canceled.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #1182
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
We had set up camp as stated, with the light sticks giving us daylight illumination around us, and are eating in a ready to fight fashion, alert. This should give the attackers at least -5 to their stealth and probably more penalties if they are using dark vision, making it highly unlikely to land a surprise hit on all party members.

I will use my luck to spoil their "stealth".

Rerolled their stealth to 12, stealth 15-5, failed skill level, ambushed canceled.
Right, also Bain (on watch) gets a +10 to vision as the monsters try to approach while being in plain sight; he actually sees them coming at effective SL 21. The elementas should get a shot too, because that's also their job.

And remember the traps Bain laid to prevent them from getting closer.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:09 AM   #1183
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
The elementas should get a shot too, because that's also their job.

I mean, go ahead and roll, but they're TERRIBLE watchmen.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:10 AM   #1184
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I mean, go ahead and roll, but they're TERRIBLE watchmen.
For things in plain sight they should be OK with +10, what is their PER?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:21 AM   #1185
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
For things in plain sight they should be OK with +10, what is their PER?
They have 6's.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:24 AM   #1186
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

For this matter they have:

A critical success (16) 5.
And a regular sucess (16) 11.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:15 PM   #1187
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain got a critical success in camouflage. Itís unlikely heís detected.
Very well. The three Evil Clowns who came after you are merely attacking the others - one per other PC, now your friends have four attackers to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
We had set up camp as stated, with the light sticks giving us daylight illumination around us, and are eating in a ready to fight fashion, alert. This should give the attackers at least -5 to their stealth and probably more penalties if they are using dark vision, making it highly unlikely to land a surprise hit on all party members.

I will use my luck to spoil their "stealth".

Rerolled their stealth to 12, stealth 15-5, failed skill level, ambushed canceled.
I don't know where you're getting the -5 from. Being alert simply means you all get a roll, it does not penalise the enemy Stealth roll. Light means your rolls are not penalised. Dark Vision is not Night-Adapted Vision, it is not penalised by light.

Using Luck to force a reroll on them is kosher, though. I'd prefer you used Luck on your own roll, but fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Right, also Bain (on watch) gets a +10 to vision as the monsters try to approach while being in plain sight; he actually sees them coming at effective SL 21. The elementas should get a shot too, because that's also their job.

And remember the traps Bain laid to prevent them from getting closer.
I do not know where you are getting the +10 from, I think you needed a successful Survival roll (Vic did that IIRC but he did not specify what benefits he claimed from it) and claimed a benefit for that (and I do not think that benefit gave +10, either). The Evil Clowns avoided your traps, somehow. They must have used a dirty trick! Or they're horrifically unnatural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
For this matter they have:

A critical success (16) 5.
And a regular sucess (16) 11.
See above comments.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:24 PM   #1188
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

According to Wilderness Adventures, the benefit for a camp with clear lines if sight is +1 to the party's Per/Obsevation and -1 to enemy Stealth.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:32 PM   #1189
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

The +10 is on sense rolls, spotting things in plain sight, basic set campaigns. The -5 to stealth is in Stealth itself (both in basic and DFRPG) if they canít hide as they approach, they have a penalty. They cannot get to reach C without the penalty, especially because the party has established picking clear lines of sight and because of the daylight.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:50 PM   #1190
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Where is the fort in all of this? Telrith certainly rolled to build it...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.