Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-19-2021, 09:28 AM   #191
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Sorry, I've posted now. I've got a virtual conference this week in a different time zone and didn't have time yesterday.
No problem, I'm just giving a nudge. We all have other things going on.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #192
Hide

Erick,

What rolls do you require for Pacifica?
By the way, is it legal (ship-rules-wise) leaving Nejora with Thibi?

Regarding the Karatands, Pacifica will be capable of parrying bullets with them; they have the same effect as brass knuckles, the wearer ignores "Hurting Yourself".

I wonder if Pacifica knows there are other Dread Stormers (Randall) that have not been in the meetings. Otherwise she would ask about the missing member during the ongoing meeting.

Also, considering that some of the guys working at the extra-hands are people under disciplinary sanction, I guess Pacifica should have mentioned a few names Day might know (i.e. the subverted).

Gnomes,

Did you check Pacifica’s plan? I think that would start a great break-through.

TGLS,

Hello, XD

Last edited by Hide; 01-19-2021 at 04:06 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:49 AM   #193
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I wonder if Pacifica knows there are other Dread Stormers (Randall) that have not been in the meetings. Otherwise she would ask about the missing member during the ongoing meeting.
Randall has been retconned out of this mission. His player dropped early enough and did little enough that I don't think its a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post

What rolls do you require for Pacifica?
Which ever ones are appropriate for the plans to make one or more meetings you come up with. The plans come first, then the rolls.

Quote:
By the way, is it legal (ship-rules-wise) leaving Nejora with Thibi?
Yes, that's absolutely legal... if they both agree to it and they know that their buddies are with each other. Explaining it to them will take a bit of subterfuge. It also provides a link between the dreadstormers, though that is of varying importance depending on the situation.

Quote:
Regarding the Karatands, Pacifica will be capable of parrying bullets with them; they have the same effect as brass knuckles, the wearer ignores "Hurting Yourself".
"Hurting Yourself" only applies to when you strike things with 3 DR or more, not when you parry. Now, if it comes to it, Pacifica can intercept bullets with her hands while wearing Karatands. I will roll damage for the bullet, and the Karatand can provide cover DR -- but I don't expect it to provide very much.

Quote:
Also, considering that some of the guys working at the extra-hands are people under disciplinary sanction, I guess Pacifica should have mentioned a few names Day might know (i.e. the subverted).
He won't know the names of folks he's subverted... and subverted folks are unlikely to merely be assigned community service. They're likely to be locked up.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #194
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Randall has been retconned out of this mission.
I see, I thought he was one of the guys in the prison.

Quote:
(...) The plans come first, then the rolls.
Then I will wait for the feedback:
Pacifica still needs to hear from Day about the plan she suggested.
She also is wondering about Hua, who/how do we find Hua's note?

Quote:
(...) Yes, that's absolutely legal... if they both agree to it and they know that their buddies are with each other (...)
Great news indeed.

Quote:
(...) the Karatand can provide cover DR -- but I don't expect it to provide very much.
Thanks! Good to know I should keep my hands away from the fire sooner rather than later.

Quote:
He won't know the names of folks he's subverted...
I have the idea that everybody in the ship wears tags with their names, and that these tags are always visible, hence my comment. It seemed logical to me that he would remember the names of the subverted, if such names were hinted.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:21 PM   #195
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:

Then I will wait for the feedback:
I mean you need to make plans for meeting with Hua later in the day. Sneaking out at night won't work if its not night.

Old 01-21-2021, 02:10 PM   #196
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Gnomes,

Did you check Pacifica’s plan? I think that would start a great break-through.
I haven't been reading all of Pacifica's posts, when we meet please present the plan to Daymar IC.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:00 PM   #197
Hide

Quote:
I haven't been reading all of Pacifica's posts, when we meet please present the plan to Daymar IC.
Hey what's up! She already did!
Old 01-22-2021, 04:48 PM   #198
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Hey what's up! She already did!
Sorry, I missed that. I was expecting this plan to be presented in character, as in Pacifica speaking, "..."

Trying to subvert the doctor's onboard is worth a shot, but I need to figure out what mental disadvantages to give them - I don't have direct control.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:46 PM   #199
Hide

Quote:
Sorry, I missed that. I was expecting this plan to be presented in character, as in Pacifica speaking, "..."
I see, no problem. I just cut to the chase and told OOC the events Pacifica had to report, because that would be like double posting. Pacifica speaks IC, here's part of the plan as spoken by her:

Quote:
IC:

I think we should deal with the medics; everybody should visit them once in a while. Turn the medics, then... Have the doctor run a series of random checks (...)
Quote:
Trying to subvert the doctor's onboard is worth a shot, but I need to figure out what mental disadvantages to give them - I don't have direct control.
I am not very familiar with Day's powers and all of the things using them require; however, I guess you could go to the doctor and tell him you feel bad [acting]. Then you [suggest] that it was the food (the new variety of food, after the fire) that made you sick. Finally, you suggest he should check more people, and that he must check the food too.

And then you give him [delusions]: "The food is infected; I will write that myself in the analysis". "I must protect the officers; I will call summon them to check them ASAP".

[Suggest] you are important, have him check you first, the same day he checks the officers. And then you turn the officers into our soldiers.

How will you get to the second meeting? Pacifica will be waiting at the window with Nejora until Hua and Day arrive. Is it possible to brain-wash Nejora and Thibi?
Old 01-23-2021, 04:06 AM   #200
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I see, no problem. I just cut to the chase and told OOC the events Pacifica had to report, because that would be like double posting. Pacifica speaks IC, here's part of the plan as spoken by her:

I am not very familiar with Day's powers and all of the things using them require; however, I guess you could go to the doctor and tell him you feel bad [acting]. Then you [suggest] that it was the food (the new variety of food, after the fire) that made you sick. Finally, you suggest he should check more people, and that he must check the food too.

And then you give him [delusions]: "The food is infected; I will write that myself in the analysis". "I must protect the officers; I will call summon them to check them ASAP".

[Suggest] you are important, have him check you first, the same day he checks the officers. And then you turn the officers into our soldiers.

How will you get to the second meeting? Pacifica will be waiting at the window with Nejora until Hua and Day arrive. Is it possible to brain-wash Nejora and Thibi?
Getting to the second meeting is no problem, Day's partner, Pothi, has already had mental surgery such that he trusts Day implicitly. If he has access to Nejora and Thibi, he likely could perform a similar mental surgery on them.