Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 11-09-2021, 06:29 AM   #1
Highland_Piper

Default DFRPG Delvers to Grow Contest!

I'm pleased to announce our first official contest in collaboration with Gaming Ballistic!

Delvers to Grow contest

1 entry per member
3 winners, 2 selected by member poll, 1 randomly selected.

Prize: 1 Gaming Ballistic pdf of winners choice

Rules

Submit three versions of the same character concept at 62 (Novice), 125 (Journeyman), and 187 (Master) character points.

If you own Delvers to Grow you should use those book Templates (Strong Delvers, Fast Delvers, & Smart Delvers), or use the DFRPG Adventures and Exploits if you don't have access to them using the guidelines of -50 Disadvantages and 50 (Novice), 60 (Journeyman), and 90 (Master) points in advantages.

Each entry should include four pages. a background of the character, ways to use the character, and a list of books used to make the character (this doesn't have to be a full page if you don't want to), the next three pages should be of each the 62 (Novice), 125 (Journeyman), and 187 (Master) character sheet. They should try to fit into the Nordlond setting or any of the many adjacent cultures such as
  • Totally not Viking
  • Totally not Egypt
  • Totally not Macedonian Greece
  • Totally not Celtic
  • Totally not Carolingian France
  • Totally not Japanese
  • Totally not Korean
  • Totally not Chinese

The races can be any from the Nordlond setting but if you don't own those books can be from the DFRPG Adventures.

It would be preferred if submissions were pdf, there are many free converters online if your word processor does not save as pdf (most do these days). There are also many free merge pdf apps online to make your 4 page pdf. The submissions should be titled with the Character name then your name. Upload them to the file selection of the FB page and then add the title of your pdf to the open poll. Please contact Admin if you are having any difficulties with your submission.

Submissions start now until the **20th of November **with voting ending on the 30th of November

Suggestions of Character sheets can be the free form fillable pdf, GURPS Character Assistant, or GURPS Character Sheet (Which has Delvers to Grow templates already).

Everyone is allowed to vote for up to three submissions with tie breakers either decided by Douglas Cole and Admins or randomly selected if a decision can't be reached.

Upload to the Dungeon Fantasy RPG fan page on FB. Put them in the Files section. LINK HERE

The Poll is here LINK HERE

The FB group is free to join, I'm not getting anything out of it except the chance to spread awareness of DFRPG and the upcoming Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Book

You can see an example of a 62 point Fast Delver I have made on my Blog GURPS Mega Dungeons. So lets start making those delvers to fight off the monsters in the upcoming book!!
GURPS Mega Dungeons DFRPG Facebook Page

Last edited by Highland_Piper; 11-09-2021 at 06:34 AM. Reason: add info
Highland_Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:44 AM   #2
Juan

Default Re: DFRPG Delvers to Grow Contest!

Thanks for such a nice and fun initiative. It definetily may spread the Word about the KS.
Hope we get to see some great delvers!
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:47 PM   #3
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

I boosted this a bit on my blog, including a map taken out of Dragon Heresy with a bit more detail on the Totally Not X cultures/realms that are already hinted at.

A Delvers to Grow Contest on the DFRPG Facebook Group
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #4
Celjabba

Great idea and fun contest ! Thanks !

One question however : would it be possible to submit the characters at some other place than Facebook for those of us who don't use it ?
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:44 PM   #5
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
Great idea and fun contest ! Thanks !

One question however : would it be possible to submit the characters at some other place than Facebook for those of us who don't use it ?
I’ve pinged John on this issue myself. One of us will answer; it’s his contest though, so I don’t want to speak out of turn
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote