Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2018, 02:27 AM   #21
Icelander

Default Re: Can a Ritual Give a Bonus to Symbol Drawing or Alchemy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
I assume he's got a limitation on his Magery and/or Ritual Adept (if he has that - though he likely doesn't need it given he isn't casting spells)?
He has the limitation on his Magery. PCs can't take Ritual Adept, it's reserved for powerful spirits, demons, Beyonders and the like.

Quote:
I've been using my rules from "What's In a Lair" from Pyramid #3/86: Organizations. You could likely map out a cost for one by figuring the cost using the Power Pool/Enhancer (p. 11) then using the trading points for money schema to determine a character point cost.
Right, that's where to find that!

Having checked it, I don't see any simple way to link 'Bases' with Status and Wealth level, i.e. determining what a settled lifestyle at a given Wealth and Status gives you.

Should I just assume that if the Creation Cost fits inside the 80% of assets for a PC's Wealth level, it's valid for the base to be his home? And that if Upkeep is less than Cost of Living that he maintains at his Status, that's part of his CoL?

Quote:
I tend to shove niggly bits into all my work. That's one of them.

I'll also suggest you consider using Magical Components (GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 19: Incantation Magic, p. 18) if hunting for more bonuses. You can reverse engineer the costs for different TLs by simply dividing the TL3 Starting Wealth into those values. Should be straightforward.

The "Incanter's Grimoire" from Pyramid #3/114: Mind Over Magic is also very useful for doing weird stuff in a RPM-based system. It is specific to that magic system, but most of it should pass through to energy-accumulating RPM just fine.

"A Familiar Path" from Pyramid #3/75: Hero's Jackpot contains lots of little rules for RPM and, of course, rules for having familiars for a caster.

The Ritual Path Magic tag on my blog may be of some service as well.
I'll look at the above.

Tags
ritual, ritual path magic, rpm, thaumatology, vile vortices