Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #21
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Conan Full-Set Back Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopyelling View Post
I am having a lot of trouble understanding this. Are you mad?
Comments such as this, even meant in jest, do not promote useful discussion. Please avoid anything that HINTS at demeaning other posters, especially when there may be a language issue.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #22
stopyelling

I was just admitting to having trouble understanding his post which I am pretty sure was demeaning and not promoting useful discussion.

Not being sure, I asked generally "are you mad?"

Sort of ironic how you pin pointed me here when his post is (again not 100% sure) the one with the red flag on it.

Regardless, I mean no offense. I am just having difficulty understanding his post. Simple as that.
stopyelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #23
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopyelling View Post
I was just admitting to having trouble understanding his post which I am pretty sure was demeaning and not promoting useful discussion.

Not being sure, I asked generally "are you mad?"

Sort of ironic how you pin pointed me here when his post is (again not 100% sure) the one with the red flag on it.

Regardless, I mean no offense. I am just having difficulty understanding his post. Simple as that.
I think the problem may have stemmed from the fact that "mad" could mean either "angry" or "insane". I know, for my part, asking someone, "Are you angry?" doesn't seem like a big deal, but asking them, "Are you insane?" is rather more problematic.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #24
MunchkinMan

What Koto was saying was that not mixing the set with original Munchkin would be a shame, since to his (?) thinking, this is not a core set but the biggest expansion ever. He was waiting on buying the Conan booster because there was hinting that some or all of the booster's cards would get replicated in the core set.

That isn't really demeaning and is no more or less off topic then other posts wondering about the presence of a die and what it might look like.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #25
SmokeRulz

Thanks Koto, but I'm afraid I consider it a Core Set and not a huge expansion! I think it would upset the balance of the D&D-themed classes/races/cards too much so I'd rather not mix it in. I'd play it on its own, but unfortuantely I have very little interest in Conan so I'm afraid I won't be buying it. :( I did get the booster, though!
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #26
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
What Koto was saying was that not mixing the set with original Munchkin would be a shame, since to his (?) thinking, this is not a core set but the biggest expansion ever. He was waiting on buying the Conan booster because there was hinting that some or all of the booster's cards would get replicated in the core set.

That isn't really demeaning and is no more or less off topic than other posts wondering about the presence of a die and what it might look like.
That's exactly what I want to say. Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the missunderstanding.

See ya

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 09-29-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #27
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
That's exactly what I want to say. Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the missunderstanding.

See ya
I agree with you, it is a Fantasy Set. BUT, it would seem that the folks at SJ think, and they seem to hit the nail on the head most of the time, that they can make it a stand alone with possible expansions of it. Having read most of the Conan works, I think that SJ Games has a gold mine of "monsters", weapons, treasures and puns to work with.

Should attempt to arrange a Punday night visit for SJ, Paul, Phil and Andrew at Callahan's. That would be worth the effort to go to Key West... wonder if Jake could get Mike to show up...

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #28
Cheese8242

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleydotes View Post
Should attempt to arrange a Punday night visit for SJ, Paul, Phil and Andrew at Callahan's. That would be worth the effort to go to Key West... wonder if Jake could get Mike to show up...

Pat
Mike's probably off saving the universe with Sally, but then again he always seems to find time for Jake and the crew. I would love to see a Punday night between the Callahan crew and the SJ crew.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back, booster, conan, design, munchkin