Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #31
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

Death by boredom does seem to be the order of the day. Middle shift seems to be the heart of the night. Most of the men don't speak English, and gesture for him to get off of the deck. Down below the only word for things is dark. And hard. The softest things around seem to be either piles of rope or lumpy burlap bags of some hard substance.

There is a reasonable amount of things to see though. The ship coasts through the sky, a bank of clouds below it.

OCC: if he served in the military, why doesn't he have the soldier skill? not much indication of that on his sheet...

EDIT: actually, please send me a link to whatever character sheet is going to be your final one.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-10-2017 at 12:47 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #32
Friendpmcii

Michael trys to learn the language well also watching for any possable light outside and get an idea/feal for the type of people he is with. I wonder what that creature was?

(OOC: http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=24 , I was going to make a change but never got permission so I left it as is.)
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #33
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Its not too long before his first shift. It is indeed the dead of night. This place has stars, strangely enough, shining in the sky. They don't move over the course of the night, but simply become more or less dim. They provide enough light to see by, something like a moon-lit night. No moon is present.

the sailors seem to speak something not too different from english. The patterns seem similar, but the words are different. German? Dutch? something like that. Michael soon learns some basic words: "go over there". "hello!" (He thinks thats what "Ho!" means). "Thank You." "Island/Rock".

He doesn't see any lights while he's out on watch, but they are passing nearby an island when he feels ... something. Like a taste, but far away from himself. Its similar to what he felt in the dream, but the flavor is different, as it were.

OCC: ok, thanks. That does match up better.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-25-2017, 04:30 PM   #34
Friendpmcii

I wander if this is the place, we are deficiently getting closer. Michael takes note of the island and if possible try's to see if the island has tree's on it as in the dream. This is a very odd place. Where did the star's go?

Off to the distance he looks at sky, practicing his language skills Michael sais Rock. in there language. I wander if that person in my dream's is hear.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #35
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

looking at the island, he's not sure. But it has a very similar shape and vegetation. What's more, the ship here seems to match the dream exactly.

Someone hears him saying "Rock". There is a smile and a laugh, and the man points at the island he's been looking at and makes some comment he doesn't understand.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #36
Friendpmcii

I wonder if this is where we are going. Michael heads to where he thinks the ship driver is and, pointing to the island, sais; "We need to go there."

If the person doesn't seem to understand then I draw an arrow with my hand from the ship to the island.

OOC: sorry its taken some time to reply.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #37
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The driver looks at Michael funny, peers out at the island, nods, and keeps going the way he's been going. "I see rock. We go that way". He points his face forward.

When Michael is persistent he says "I safe. Captain ... choose".

Old 04-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #38
Friendpmcii

Michael looks at the driver and raises his shoulder in what he can only hope is a question as he replys, "Captain?"

If someone who michael knows speak's english is around he goes to that person and said, "I need to speak to the captain."
Old 04-24-2017, 09:41 AM   #39
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

there is no-one in this shift that speaks english (how did that happen?), but Michael manages to make it known he wishes to speak with the captain WITHOUT raising a shipwide alarm. He's pointed at the captain's door with a grim face.

*Please note the captain's english is minimal to none.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #40
Friendpmcii

After some time to gather his thoughts and figure out what to say he knocks on the door. And waits for it to open Hello, island/rock, go over there." . He then nods his head up and down over and over with a big smile. rock. He tries to use body language to see if the captain does not want to be desturbed just to make Shure he is not intruding.

Tags
lost in dreams