Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams (Dr. Alan Parker)

The man pauses for a few moments, then gives the directions. It takes a few tries, then Dr. Parker set down the road to try and find 'town'. Its about a mile and a half, and while he has the blanket, he has no shoes, and these are dirt roads with lots of rocks in them. After a while, he goes over the hill and sees the sleepy village, its lights dim. He's told there will be a single policeman on duty.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #22
kwwhit5531

Parker heads to the center of town looking for the station. If he can't find it, he attempts to find somebody to lead him there.
kwwhit5531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Dr. Parker is looking for the station when he sees a man in a uniform of sorts holding a light. As Dr. Parker comes closer, he sees its the lone policeman he was told about. The man looks over at Dr. Parker.

"Halt! Its after Curfew! What are you doing!"

Once again, the speech is german with an austrian accent.

OCC: reaction roll for policeman. Its unmodified.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #24
kwwhit5531

"Hello, I am Dr. Alan Parker I'm an American and somehow I have found myself in your country. Can you get me in contact with the American Embassy?"
Old 12-16-2015, 07:10 PM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The policeman scowls.

"What happened to your clothes? Come with me."

He walks not over to the police station but to a nearby house, and bangs on the door a couple of times. "Rolf!" The door opens soon, and a beefy man walks out, dressed in street clothes but with a badge and hat that marks him a member of the law.

The first policeman gestures to Alan "He needs to talk to the american embassy. Keep an eye on him for me."

Old 12-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #26
kwwhit5531

Parker attempts to explain himself to the officer and then tries to contact the embassy to find out what to do next.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:25 PM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

(what exactly CAN he say about what happened to his clothes?)

Rolf takes him to a rather public phone, and says something to an operator, and waits for a bit.

Rolf: "Yeah, I have an american here. Name is ..." he has to get Alan's name. "Says he needs to talk to you. That many huh?" He covers the phone with his hand. "You got any identification?"

OCC: What does he have in the way of an accent?

Old 12-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #28
kwwhit5531

"I'm afraid not, I woke up in your country without anything even my clothes. The university I work for will verify my identity if you can put me in contact with them."

OOC: Not much he can really say about the clothes since even he doesn't know. As for his accent his English would likely have a a very slight southern accent like myself since he's from North Georgia.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #29
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

<Back to the phone> "No, no identification. Well he talks like an american. Says a university will know who he is. Hey, which university? You haven't heard of it? I'll wait. You want to hear him for yourself? fine by me. You don't mind if I take notes?"

Dr. Parker gets the phone, and is greeted by a young man's voice, who almost immediately starts asking him about baseball. Specifically how he enjoyed the playoffs of this year, and which league he followed.

He is reminded of an old way americans weeded out outsiders in world war II: baseball questions.

OCC: History (europe) roll at -2. target 13, rolled a 12, so its a success.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #30
kwwhit5531

"Sorry buddy I don't follow sports, I'm a history professor at the University of North Georgia though and they confirm my identity."

OCC: I was going use a fictional college but UNG is perfect, UNG was founded in 1873 so it would be around during WW1, though they would have known it as North Georgia College and it would have been military college at the time.

Tags
lost in dreams