Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Tereza]

There are many suns, and we visit them fairly often. I'm not sure what 'the moon' is though. perhaps you could show me?

Yes, it involves that, with some chanting as well.

Actually, your being conjured makes a lot of sense. Its better than any other theory I can think of. Though not knowing where your master is a little odd if so. There is much truth in old stories. They come from somewhere you know.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
Poonbahbah

Well do you know how the Earth is basically in the shape of a very large ball? At least my Earth, the planet I'm from that circles another sun, is. Anyway, The moon circles the Earth at a distance of several hundred thousand miles. By strange coincidence it looks just as large as my sun, which is larger, much larger, but further out. I kinda just thought it was a new moon. Which is when it isn't very visible In the sky as well because the side facing the sun isn't visible. So all we can is it's shadow, which we can't see very well."

At hearing this Tereza gets very visibly distraught. "You mean you're a... Is that why... Exactly just how... Were you given a choice!?!"

More calmly, "Yes they do. Most of the ones I know come from wanting to teach children leasons about life without them being hurt or dying in the process. Many others just made up for the entertainment of the listner. As it is I feel like I'm in something from out of a book. Normal person summoned to another world to help stop a great evil, learn about magic she is able to wield, we don't have what we'd call magic where I'm fom by the way, and find true love at the end of it all. It's a common plot. People like to pretend they're the protagonist you see. Never expected it to happen to me though.

That or I'm dreaming* or maybe hallucinating after having some drugs forced on me. Either way I'm enjoying it here better then what I had been doing."

*Am I correct in thinking you've been remembering to roll for nightmares? After all it only averages about once in four days.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 06-21-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

A round earth? how... how does it stay together? wouldn't that collapse under its own weight? and it moves around a sun? it must be a very small ball...

I wasn't given a choice, but I would take it again in a heart beat. Its the only way to become free of the small world of the palace. I have a brother who is going to inherit everything, and he's a complete idiot.

I thought I was hallucinating the first time I met you. At least I considered it. This time I'm sure I'm not.

Quote:
*Am I correct in thinking you've been remembering to roll for nightmares? After all it only averages about once in four days.
for tonight yes. For your first jump I used artistic license.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #24
Poonbahbah

"It's held together by gravity, and it's already collapsed from it's own weight. That's why it's in the shape of a ball. It doesn't seem very small to me, there are about five billion people living on it, and most of the surface is sea water. What's more there's room to grow. It's circumference is something like 20,000 miles. Give me a calculator, some time, and 2 pi r squared and I can tell you about how wide that is.

I'm sorry and glad to hear that.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a hallucination either. though the way may pass day has been going I feel like I'm hallucinating. That'll pass with time, or I'll wake up." Tereza will give a slight shudder there.

"So will I be seeing you in the flesh tomorrow? And what's coming by to pick Muso and I up Ilios?"

OOC unless he has any questions you consider important I'm ready skim over the rest of the conversation and wake up.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 06-22-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

That makes no sense. Explain it to a salakor sometime, and We'll see if he can explain it for me.

Tomorrow? You probably won't see me. I'm something of a recluse, and prefer dreams to waking. Most of my kind are that way. besides, this is my real home. We're sending Hyrim. He's one of our Salakors.

Upon seeing the look on her face he shakes his head. "He's summoned too. Family servant. He's the second oldest, and a really good guy. He can explain this much better than I can. Anyway, got to go. There's a party on the other side. We're celebrating a friend's thousandth night walking the dreams."

The man vanishes in a flash of light.

The rest of the night has fairly good dreams, fortunately.

When She gets up, Muso is still asleep, and snoring quite loudly. The sun is nearly down.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #26
Poonbahbah

Tereza will see about getting a drink of water and watching the sunset. When Muso wakes she'll see if he has anything for breakfast. Then she'll hang around making small talk, and maybe swapping stories, til something else happens.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

When Tereza goes to the well it seems to be empty. in fact, it seems all the water has dried out of it. The sun looks much closer away than when it rose: Tereza is not sure if its just her mind or not.

Muso apparently has two meals: one as breakfast and the other as lunch. He's willing, if reluctant to share. He's still giddy about his find.

He's willing to swap stories, but he tells stories about visiting the other side of the world (where land is rare and water is common and they sleep during the night instead of during the day). He tells stories about walking across the desert to other suns, and of fantastic creatures who serve the rich and fight in their armies. It becomes apparent Muso is not only intending to become rich, but is from a very wealthy family as well.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #28
Poonbahbah

Tereza thanks Muso for sharing. Her stories are more along the lines of movies she's seen. Like an oral version of the Princess Bride, minus the kid and grandpa, or Conan the Barbarian. At some point she'll ask, "Muso how do you think Hyrim will show up, and what have you been telling Ilios abour me?

And so they pass the time, barring something else happening.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #29
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Hyrim? it shouldn't be too long. I suppose they would have had to get a third carpet, but that shouldn't be too difficult. He would have traveled most of the day. Ilios? he asked what kind of a person you were. I did my best to explain. I mostly told him the facts, while he dreamed up crazy stories. I'm not too in control when I dream."

Muso listens to the stories, but asks odd questions about them: are these on the wet side or the dry side of the world? How can the greatest sword's man in the world be human? Or the largest? Why don't they just get a dream walker to read the man's mind?

about half-way through the night, Muso goes and draws a drink for them out of the well.

Hyrim arrives towards the end of the night. He is on a flying carpet, and his skin looks weathered and leathery enough Tereza isn't sure if he's human. He is perfectly bald, lacking even eyebrows or eyelashes. He bows when he get off. "Congratulations, Master Muso! You have made a name for yourself!"

Old 06-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #30
Poonbahbah

To the odd questions her response will be something along the lines of a shrug and, "I'm from a sun very much removed from this one where there are only humans and dreamwalking is unknown. So of course that world's greatest swordsman will be human and the mind cannot simply be read." She will ask odd seeming questions in return too. Like, "What exactly is a salakur and what shape is the world here? A column?"

Tereza will draw water from the well when she gets thirsty, if necessary she'll ask for help.

Tereza will wait to be introduced before greeting Hyrim. After that she will see if Hyrim is familiar at all with her idea of what a world is and some of the more mundane things she had known before arriving wherever here was. At least for a little while before they sleep anyway. I assume they'll all be spending another day here sleeping after staying up the night.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 06-24-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Tags
lost in dreams