Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #31
benz72

Default Re: [Magic] 1001 Standard Magic Items

Not quite a standard enchantment... but bear with me...

A fine rapier or spear with steelwraith ensorceled onto it (possibly with the -90% reduction for having instructions on how to break the ensorcelment engraved on the quillons)

Imagine that heavy breastplate wearing knight's suprise when the fencer / spearman lunges at him and his uber heavy steel corselet doesn't do a thing to stop it.

Details left as an exercise for the student.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #32
benz72

A sheath for a cheap throwing knife enchanted with cornucopia (400) and possibly quickdraw (2000).

I'd go for the lower cost version personnaly, they are disposable after all

The best part is that if anyone is looking to throw them back... they disappear, and of course there is no long term evidence left behind.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #33
benz72

For 50 energy, I'm suprised by the non-ubiquity of scales enchanted with Measurement.

Every merchant should have one.

Similarly, every painter should have at least one (30 FP) brush enchanted with inscribe... he'll never need paint in that color again, Plus his paint jobs will never fade.

Last edited by benz72; 12-13-2010 at 07:12 PM.
benz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #34
Stripe

Why isn't there a Blocking version of Slow Fall? Wasn't there one in G3e? Gah.

Item Name: Cloak of the Bat
Item Type: Hooded, light leather heavy cloak
Description: Appears to be a cloak formed from a pair of living bat wings folded around the wearer and clasped in front. Spread and flap dramatically while the wearer is airborne.
Price: $237,875.
Materials Cost: Light leather heavy cloak with hood, lined with bat fur around hood and shoulders (styling, +4 CF), $275.
Enchantment Cost: $237,600.
Enchantments: Shapeshifting (bat; 3,000, M33); Speed 1 (500, M57); Fortify 3 (800, M66); Illusion Shell (400, M96); Flight (2,500, M145).
Function: The illusion shell causes the light leather heavy cloak to look like folded bat wings wrapped around the wearer. They spread from his back while flying, falling or jumping. While in bat form, the wearer has a wingspan of about five feet and weighs about 2.5 lbs. Provides DR 4 against cutting, DR 3 against all other damage types. It can help to conceal items (+4 to Holdout). If falling, the wearer will drop 10 feet in the second it takes to cast the flight spell.
Notes: See Cloaks, B404 and LT99. It is up to the GM to determine what, if any, reaction bonus the Illusion Shell grants. The cost of the illusion shell enchantment alone is $13,200 (CF +239).
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #35
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
Not quite a standard enchantment... but bear with me...

A fine rapier or spear with steelwraith ensorceled onto it (possibly with the -90% reduction for having instructions on how to break the ensorcelment engraved on the quillons)

Imagine that heavy breastplate wearing knight's suprise when the fencer / spearman lunges at him and his uber heavy steel corselet doesn't do a thing to stop it.

Details left as an exercise for the student.
Not legal for multiple reasons.

Steelwraith can be Ensorcereled onto a person with the 90% e=reduction mentioned but thsi will not produce the result envisioned.

Steelwraith could be Enchanted onto a weapon buit would only enable a person under a Steelwraith spell to use it normally (or to affect other Steelwraithed persons) and there is no 90% reduction.

There is no standard Enchantment effect that will do what you want.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #36
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
It seems likely that a professional enchanter would have: HT 12, FP 16 (magic only -60%).

So cost should be based on 16x6 not 10x6.
Under RAW and per Word of Kromm, FP that can be used only for magic is a -0% feature and not a Limitation.

Technically, I believe FP that could be used for anything but went away in No Mana Zones would be legal and worth -10%.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #37
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_ambro View Post
I see, thanks! What DF book is this found in? Because I can't recall where that's from (even though it sounds familiar now.)
DF1, p. 30.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #38
Fred Brackin

Item Name: Cookie of Suggestyion
Item Type: Cookie
Description: A delicious looking choclate chip cookie
Price: $125
Materials Cost: $5
Enchantment Cost: Enchantments: (Temporary) Suggestion "Eat Me" ($60), (Temporary) Suggestion "You should go away and solve your own problems." ($60).
Function: Most often used by powerful wizards who are tired of people coming to them with problems, This is a cookie made with Essential Food (so it tastes deliscious and never goes stale). The cookie is then enchanted with the Temporary Enchantment Spell with the two suggestions listed above each of which willo be cast once will last 1 hour after the cookie is eaten. When approached by undesired aid-seekers the wizard gives them one of these cookies and those aid-seeekrs go away. The wizard is presumed to make his escape before the Suggestion wears off.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #39
tg_ambro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
DF1, p. 30.
Ah, ok. Thanks muchly.

Check out my blog, Ambro's Brainwaves Pretend you have telepathy, read my thoughts!
tg_ambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #40
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Name: Itchy Tiger Paws
Item: Cloth gloves inked with tiger stripe pattern.
Spells: Partial Shapeshifting(Tiger Paws)[1,750 energy], Itch[60 energy].
Effect: They give +25 to your ST for damage purposes, and grant Sharp Claws(which allow damage bonus from either Brawling or Karate). However, they itch. Constantly. You'll be just as inclined to scratch your own hands...with your now very strong, very sharp hands, as you willl be to actually fight. You're at -2 to all DX rolls while so distracted by your itching.
Origin: There were two circles of enchanters in the same town. The not-so-reputable guy got his assistants together and snuck into the other guys' place, casting a Quick & Dirty "Itch" on their gloves halfway through their Slow & Sure casting of "Partial Shapeshifting: Tiger Paws."
Cost: As they are cursed, they cost a mere $25,000, including the gloves, rather than the un-cursed version that would have been worth $57,765.

Tags
dungeon fantasy, magic items