Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #431
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar is about to hide away a baked good when he thinks he sees out of the corner of his eye that one of the commissioned officers is watching him from the other side of the room. (this is his dinner during the day of three meetings, the 19th)
How far away is the officer? Daymar will try to change his motion to bring the baked good to his mouth and then 'accidentally' drop it on the floor. He then says to Pothi, "Man, I wish I wasn't so clumsy!" before turning back to finish his meal.

[291] 21-02-06 23:36:11 CET

Acting

3d6 <= 14
1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:47 AM   #432
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
And besides Hua, Nejora and Pacifica the place is empty... right?

correct. why would anyone go to that random compartment. Nothing there but hydrogen bricks.



Hua, you know its Pacifica and what is probably her buddy. She drops a piece of paper near the meeting door.


This is... not standard dreadstormer behavior, but pacifica wasn't properly trained as a dreadstormer. She made the meeting, but brought her buddy and didn't actually talk.



on the paper are two poems, or perhaps two stanzas of one poem:


Quote:
With just one day's gift
I saw the sun rising twice,
The alms for the night.

On the winding fields
Have I ever seen the wind?
The spiel, I learned.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:17 AM   #433
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
on the paper are two poems, or perhaps two stanzas of one poem:
Hua thinks the poem over and tries to deduce a hidden meaning:
Quote:
[292] 21-02-08 18:12:05 CET
Literature
3d6 <= 12 : 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 ... success
Hua hides the poem(s) in the hiding spot (at worst it could be more scrap), and uses the paper and pen there to write: "Why'd you bring your buddy?"

Then I slip back to the bunkroom for some shut-eye:
Quote:
[293] 21-02-08 18:18:26 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 1 + 3 + 4 = 8 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #434
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

As Pacifica notices the place is "empty" she speaks to Nejora:
I guess I have missed the deck, should be deck 6.

And so Pacifica walks with Nejora towards the elevator and to deck 6!

BTW, what did Nejora say to Pacifica about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Space looked so wide at first, but then you had the walls of this ship, and now you are walking into a narrow elevator... but, all you have to do is change perspectives, right? What do you think Nejora?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 02-08-2021 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Grammar
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #435
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
How far away is the officer? Daymar will try to change his motion to bring the baked good to his mouth and then 'accidentally' drop it on the floor. He then says to Pothi, "Man, I wish I wasn't so clumsy!" before turning back to finish his meal.

Acting
The nomcom is about 25 feet away. He's still watching you, though he tries to act like he's not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Space looked so wide at first, but then you had the walls of this ship
Nejora: The ship's big enough. They just built the walls really close. There's no one around here, for example. Just piles of <explicative> we'll never use. How old do you think these <explicative> bricks are? We'll never move them unless some <explicative> officer <explicative> and almost <explicative> all of us <explicative>.



You find the hyperspace view, and its as awe inspiring surreal as always.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Then I slip back to the bunkroom for some shut-eye

Hua makes it back, and gets back into the bunk without too much trouble.



The next day her powers slowly return, and she has no need to dodge flour in the meals. On the morning of day 19, she has her full powers back. Just in time to eat a messy meal of vegetables and meat in a savory sauce where the only utensil given to eat it with is a flat piece of bread.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:11 AM   #436
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The next day her powers slowly return, and she has no need to dodge flour in the meals. On the morning of day 19, she has her full powers back. Just in time to eat a messy meal of vegetables and meat in a savory sauce where the only utensil given to eat it with is a flat piece of bread.
OK, I'll try filching away the bread and creating an illusory piece of bread in my hand. Then I'll just use my bare hand to shovel the food in.

Quote:
[294] 21-02-10 19:08:31 CET
Filch
3d6 <= 14 : 5 + 5 + 2 = 12 ... success

[295] 21-02-10 19:10:39 CET
Hologram (Illusion roll)
3d6 <= 15 : 5 + 1 + 5 = 11 ... success
Ok, hopefully this worked.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:26 PM   #437
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The nomcom is about 25 feet away. He's still watching you, though he tries to act like he's not.
Daymar asks Pothi, "Do you want anything? I'm going to get some more of this [insert food he is eating here]." On his way to the food line, he wants to approach the noncom and make contact to use Mental Surgery on him. If need be, he'll 'trip' near him to make an opportunity. Day is so clumsy!
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #438
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, I'll try filching away the bread and creating an illusory piece of bread in my hand. Then I'll just use my bare hand to shovel the food in.

Ok, hopefully this worked.
Her hand gets covered in the sauce. It takes a fair amount of skill with the illusion to make all the mess blend in seamlessly... but Hua is a Dreadstormer, and that means she's good at what she does. She is able to make an illusion of getting the food on her enough that no one wonders when she goes to the bathroom and washes a lot of it off.



Thibi thinks its hilarious. "I'm usually the one who gets sauce everywhere!"


Hua has her powers on-line: I believe she has planned a raid on the armory.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar asks Pothi, "Do you want anything? I'm going to get some more of this [insert food he is eating here]." On his way to the food line, he wants to approach the noncom and make contact to use Mental Surgery on him. If need be, he'll 'trip' near him to make an opportunity. Day is so clumsy!

Make a DX roll, and Acting roll, and a brainwashing roll.



What modifications will Daymar be making?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #439
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
And where they keep the weapons (near the morale section barracks).*
*many of these locations are generally standard, but the exact location moves around.
OK, I'm pretty sure I'll have no luck with getting anywhere near the armory to get a look at the lock; I'm going to assume that it's either a combination code or a good lock (so my sad piece of metal won't do). Is there anything I can do to get a better tool to pick locks? Maybe find someone with the kind of tool I need and either daze them or turn invisible and grab the tool. Observation to spot someone? Or are there enough keys to the armory that one going missing wouldn't be immediately noticed?

How many days would I need to case the armory before getting the schedule down? Would it be a once a shift deal or are there more possibly interruptions than that?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:54 PM   #440
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Make a DX roll, and Acting roll, and a brainwashing roll.

What modifications will Daymar be making?
Day artfully trips near the noncom, taking whatever opportunity he can to make skin contact. At this point he wants mainly to cover his tracks, so he gives the noncom the Delusion that he hasn't observed any suspicious behaviour (nor will he, going forward).

[296] 21-02-11 22:46:55 CET

Acting

3d6 <= 14
5 + 2 + 6 = 13 ... success

[297] 21-02-11 22:47:13 CET

DX roll

3d6 <= 14
5 + 1 + 3 = 9 ... success

[298] 21-02-11 22:51:51 CET

Mental Surgery (Delusions (I haven't noticed any suspicious behaviour)

3d6 <= 16
4 + 2 + 5 = 11 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.