Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2021, 03:10 AM   #1
PCK_Clark

Default GURPS YouTube Content

Hi everyone,

My name is Clark and I'm currently working on creating some YouTube content to help newer players get accustom to the GURPS system and get them started on their journey. The first video has been planned and I'll be shooting the content in the next few weeks, with the goal of having it uploaded by the end of the year.

This first video will cover some of the bare essentials, using information found in the basic set, GURPS lite, these forums and the GURPS wikipedia page. I'm hoping it will be a great place to start for first timers who are trying to get their head around how the system works and provide some insight into what goes into character creation and the systems core mechanics. The second video will likely continue from there and walk through creating a character, and the third will possibly go through some basic social and combat encounters to reinforce some of the learnings from the first two videos.

My question to the forum is: What topics do you think would be helpful for new players, and are there any experiences you've had as a new player or GM that would be good to address in this series.

I've been playing GURPS with my mates for around 12 years now, and even for us it's amazing that there are always new things to learn as we venture into different settings or try different rules. I also really enjoy watching content for many other systems and have been wishing there were more videos available on YouTube for the game that we've come to love and appreciate - so I thought why not try and give it a crack myself!

I'm looking forward to collaborating with the people in this forum and becoming a part of this small but fantastic community!
PCK_Clark is offline   Reply With Quote