Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-20-2020, 11:10 PM   #21
kirbwarrior

Default Re: TK w/Based on Attribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofmanynameless View Post
Considering that TK doesn't require rolls of any kind for basic manipulation, requires an attribute roll against DX for complex manipulation, and requires skill rolls for skill based manipulations; and that Arms (with or without hands) also don't require rolls of any kind for most manipulation, but do require attribute rolls against DX for complex manipulations, and require skill rolls for skill based manipulations I'd imagine Based On would do the same thing in both instances.
That makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofmanynameless View Post
I have difficulty imagining a scenario where extra arms would be justifiable to be based on a different attribute then DX without also requiring other limiters. For example if they're based on IQ they should probably require concentration (the part of the mind that can handle limbs subconsciously mostly correlates with your DX score not your IQ.) But I'm sure there are exotic circumstances where that's not the case. =)
I think with no other modifiers it wouldn't make much sense to me (namely Force Extension) but I see where you're coming from. On the flipside, I find CM (TK only) mandatory to any TK users I make, so being able to use Extra Arms to not worry about that would be really nice.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #22
Ejidoth

Default Re: TK w/Based on Attribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
For example, they could 'warp' through extending their arms 700 yards, grab onto a building, and then retract their arms by 700 yards while keeping a grip, which would take a total of two turns (one to extend and grab and another to retract then act). Since they are paying over 200 CP for the ability, it is not abusive (Warp is cheaper if you just want transportation), just amusing.
Definitely the kind of thing you want to check carefully with your GM first, though, to make sure this doesn't get resolved in play as a 1400mph collision with whatever you were pulling yourself toward.
Ejidoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powers, powers as magic, telekinesis