Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 05-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #21
b-dog

Default Re: Delvers to Grow: Get to the table fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald387 View Post
Hot Spots: Sriwijaya is a GURPS product, not DFRPG; GB's license covers "DFRPG in Nordlond", not "GURPS in a real-world setting". There's one adventure included with the kickstarter already (and it's a good one!); adding another this close to the campaign's end date, especially given the time needed for writing, layout, art, etc seems... unlikely.
I mean in the future. I am sort of bored of Vikings but I am really interested in a sort of south East Asian setting and adventures. I backed it anyway but I was just hoping for an adventure iin an exciting location like Sriwijaya.

Last edited by b-dog; 05-18-2021 at 02:00 PM.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #22
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
I mean in the future. I am sort of bored of Vikings but I am really interested in a sort of south East Asian setting and adventures. I backed it anyway but I was just hoping for an adventure iin an exciting location like Sriwijaya.
This is the "least Viking" set of products I've published for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG since I started it. The main builder book is 95% mechanics and fast-build characters. Only a few jokes that are completely non-mechanical (like Björn, War Leader for an upgrade package name) and the flavor text and art style say "Viking."
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:53 PM   #23
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
This is the "least Viking" set of products I've published for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG since I started it. The main builder book is 95% mechanics and fast-build characters. Only a few jokes that are completely non-mechanical (like Björn, War Leader for an upgrade package name) and the flavor text and art style say "Viking."
This book seems like it will be useful and great to have. I am just hoping to get some different kinds of adventures. The Nordlands adventures and setting are very good, I especially like the stuff like the fairy veil powers. On the other hand I sure wish there were some more unusual settings like Southeast Asia or India or Mesoamérica. I have played so many Viking themed settings like Pendragon and GURPs Vikings that I am hoping for a change.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:58 PM   #24
DouglasCole

Kreios blogged about his wrestler that he made and used in the Skogurenda Meatgrinder blind-test for Delvers to Grow.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #25
tbone

I posted a blog blurb promoting the Kickstarter:
https://www.gamesdiner.com/2021/05/g...rpg-out-there/

Sorry for being so late to the game! I don't expect to rope in many readers who wouldn't already know about the campaign, but you never know.

(If you have a chance to take a peek and see anything needing correction, please let me know.)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:10 AM   #26
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
I posted a blog blurb promoting the Kickstarter:
https://www.gamesdiner.com/2021/05/g...rpg-out-there/

Sorry for being so late to the game! I don't expect to rope in many readers who wouldn't already know about the campaign, but you never know.

(If you have a chance to take a peek and see anything needing correction, please let me know.)
Thanks, and looks great. You're 100% correct about the durability of the 125 point characters. Both "Meatgrinder" blindtest sessions showed that while, yes, when sieging prepared fortifications and facing local numerical superiority, there are many fatalities...the characters hung in there remarkably well.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:48 AM   #27
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Sadly, my budget wouldn't let me donate a decent amount to the Kickstarter campaign. So I won't get one automatically shipped.

But I was wondering when does the Delvers to Go supplement become available for purchase?
Old 05-31-2021, 02:07 PM   #28
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
Sadly, my budget wouldn't let me donate a decent amount to the Kickstarter campaign. So I won't get one automatically shipped.

But I was wondering when does the Delvers to Go supplement become available for purchase?
My usual course of business is:

1. I first make a preliminary PDF available to backers. I let this stand for a week or two, depending on length and other things. Then I collect proofing comments and errors. Revising as needed (usually a day)...

2. I send out the final PDF and then order print copies. For books of the length in question, this takes roughly two weeks to arrive at my house, and another 1-2 weeks to arrive on backers' doorsteps for the USA; international backers take what they take.

3. At this point, I push the PDFs to DriveThru, Warehouse23, and my own website, ship a consignment of physical product to Warehouse 23 (takes a week), and make physical orders available on my website.

So...usually six weeks or so after the PDF is first pushed to backers. I'm aiming for THAT by the end of July (officially), but before the end of June if I can pull it off. It will not be before June 12, as that's when the final two pieces of art for the main book shall be due, and other pieces for other books in this campaign have not yet been commissioned.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:33 AM   #29
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Thank you, Mr Cole. Rest assured, my money shall be ready the day the PDF is available for download.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:15 PM   #30
adm

Are both Hands of Asgard, and Hands of Asgard 2, supposed to be the same file? That is what downloads on your Backerkit links.