Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #41
malloyd

Default Re: Skill Lists And Limits For Teenage Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor View Post
May I ask what this has to do with teenage characters?
Probably nothing. It is after all essentially an anime setting. Why are the only heroes who can pilot these things and save the world a multinational group of teenagers attending a stereotypical Japanese high school? Because they are. There's no real need to go into much depth, most of these settings don't have anything beyond a sort of vague "World Government" that sends the heroes suggestions (well they say they're orders, but since when do heroes ever actually treat orders as more than suggestions) about what to do next.

Bonus points if said "World Government" is composed entirely of slightly older people from the same high schools as, and with skill sets similar to, the heroes.
But for some reason they can't be the ones operating the world saving McGuffins because, um, reasons.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:28 PM   #42
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
, most of these settings don't have anything beyond a sort of vague "World Government" that sends the heroes suggestions (well they say they're orders, but since when do heroes ever actually treat orders as more than suggestions) about what to do next.

I think for real anime emulation points the World Government has to be either totally ineffectual or actually counterproductive and even sort of evil in a bureaucratically hard-hearted way. See the World gov in Macross.

SCC's bureacrats who are arranging to run the world while they take permanent "working" vacations in the south of France seem to be aiming for at lest "ineffectual".

( Okay, the _south_ of France wasn't specified but it looked like a good guess to me.)
Old 12-02-2022, 02:18 AM   #43
scc

Getting back on topic, at least somewhat.

BV of Beam Weapons is slightly problematic as it can be infinite, I'm thinking that limiting the RoF bonus this grants to +6.

Now in order to limit the abuse potential of giving people full access to the construction rules I'm planing on imposing limits based upon the 6 suggested levels of reputation in game.

WA starts at -2 and goes up by 1 every level.

Kills of structure start at 42 and go up 7 every level.

Maneuver Verniers and Targeting Computers are limited to 2 points each per level.

Weight Efficiency is limited to 2 tons per level.

Space Efficiency should also be limited, but I'm not sure by how much, 2 or 3 spaces per level?

EDIT: Forgot to add that breaking these rules only makes you're Mekton illegal/invalid for play if it does so for the highest level, otherwise you get bumped up to a level where your Mekton is legal.

Additionally Weapon damage starts at 5 and goes up by 3 per level.

Last edited by scc; 12-02-2022 at 02:24 AM.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote