Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-25-2022, 12:29 PM   #121
sparcipx

Default Re: GURPS On Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
It's also available on Amazon! (I still need to update websites...)
Hopefully you all like it! Your reaction will determine how much we pursue this in the future. :-)
Just picked it up on amazon.ca along, with GURPS Faeries which was on sale for $14.99.

I'm hoping this experiment proves successful, as there are a number of PDF titles I'd buy on POD.
sparcipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:49 PM   #122
DreadDomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
It's also available on Amazon! (I still need to update websites...)

Hopefully you all like it! Your reaction will determine how much we pursue this in the future. :-)
I immediately jumped on it. I would appreciate if PODs would be organised thematically in omnibuses. As an example, I would have preferred Social Engineering to include "Back to School", "Pulling Ranks" and "Keeping in Contact". No reformatting, just a collection of books. As Bill Stoddard says, SE feels like another core book, the social equivalent of martial arts. That being said SE is already 80+ pages so it's already sizeable.

Understanding that any combination proposed below are most likely non-starters, I'd like to see:

The Madness Dossier
After the End (1+2)
Action (1+2), alternatively a character book (1+3+4+7) and campaign (2+5+6+8).
Monster Hunters (1+2+3) or a similar split character/campaign
Realm Management+City Stat+Boardroom and Curia
Template Toolkit (1+2)
Power-Ups

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch.

Last edited by DreadDomain; 03-02-2022 at 05:44 PM.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #123
Obbian

I am very happy about the social engineering pdf becoming a PoD book. I think i will be buying it shortly. There are other pdf's i would like to see to get the same treatment.

I like the suggestions of the above poster.
Additions to those, i would like a combined volume of the low tech companions.

Another vote for the power-ups as well.
Obbian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:57 PM   #124
Prime Evil

I'm ordering this one as soon as I get paid. Incidentally, that is a really cover. I'm wondering if the PDF version will be updated with it too?

Also, now that SJ Games is offering PoD via Drivethrurpg as well as Amazon will they consider bringing back hardcover versions of older 4e releases? Some of mine are getting a bit tattered. I'm wondering if the market would support this or if the additional effort required is prohibitive.
Prime Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:24 AM   #125
Baldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcipx View Post
Just picked it up on amazon.ca
Same here, ordered from Amazon.it this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcipx View Post
I'm hoping this experiment proves successful, as there are a number of PDF titles I'd buy on POD.
I *DEFINITELY* want to see the POD versions of Dungeon Fantasy Exploits, Delvers to GO! and I Smell a Rat.

Also interested in the old Transhuman Space books (I have the rulebook, Broken Dreams and Fifth Wave).
Baldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:49 PM   #126
sparcipx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo View Post
Also interested in the old Transhuman Space books (I have the rulebook, Broken Dreams and Fifth Wave).
A re-release of Changing Times on POD would be nice, as would POD versions of Bioroid Bazaar, Shell-tech, Bio-Tech 2100, and Martial Arts 2100.
sparcipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:54 AM   #127
prospero

Does anyone have any thoughts on the relative quality of DriveThruRPG and Amazon POD books? I'm deciding which company to order from, and would be grateful for any comparison of or comments on print quality, durability, and the like.

Edited shortly after: I suppose I'd also like to know, given that the DF Companion 3 costs the same on DriveThruRPG and Amazon, whether one service or the other earns SJG more money. But simple comparisons of print quality would be welcome.

Last edited by prospero; 04-09-2022 at 02:03 AM. Reason: added additional question about SJG's earnings
prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:30 PM   #128
thom

I always buy thru Amazon, and the books have been very high-quality. Got no complaints...
thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:18 PM   #129
Ndreare

I was a little sad to see I cannot get color hardcover of GURPS Magic 4th Edition.

Is there a reason why the color PDFs cannot be used as the source for a hardback color magic book instead of a B&W one? All the SJ Games POD I have gotten from Drivethrurpg have been B&W, when I often buy other companies books in color hardback.
Ndreare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:19 PM   #130
Ndreare

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
I always buy thru Amazon, and the books have been very high-quality. Got no complaints...
Interesting. Does Amazon have a color or hardback option?
Ndreare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pod; print on demand