Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-25-2016, 04:06 AM   #21
The_Ryujin

Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Happy GURPS Day everyone!

While not up to my usual quality, today's post falls under better something then nothing >.>

Now that I've shown you how to stat up plasma weapons and given you some ideas on how to add character and background to them. Today I give you a fully stated out list of plasma weapons to give you some templates that you can use to apply my advice with and learn to live better through superior firepower.

Also sorry in advance about some of the weapons stat blocks coming out a little funky. I have no idea what went wrong and after spending over an hour trying to fix them I'm going to have to leave them as is until I have enough free time to probably redo them from scratch.

Edit
Fixed the stat lines, bloggers HTML code was doing something odd and I had to hand trim it. Also added a quick clarification under Plasma Light Machine Guns giving more context to why I listed how many round a D cell holds in each weapons descriptive blurb.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>

Last edited by The_Ryujin; 08-25-2016 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Fixed the problem
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #22
The_Ryujin

A quick little post were I ramble on about how I go through deconstructing how things work in GURPS, Ultra-Techs ties to Traveller and convert some Traveller armor materials into GURPS.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
Old 08-31-2016, 11:44 PM   #23
The_Ryujin

Holy Steve Jackson! It's another GURPS Day!

In this weeks post, I ask, "what's the deal with the beam weapons skill?" and offer some suggestions on how to tweak it.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:29 AM   #24
Mailanka

I've got to say, while I haven't integrated all of it, your material is very helpful to my Psi-Wars project. I've had similar thoughts before but never took the time to work it out... and you're doing that work for me, in a way I highly agree with and thus find very useful.

So thank you very much.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #25
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I've got to say, while I haven't integrated all of it, your material is very helpful to my Psi-Wars project. I've had similar thoughts before but never took the time to work it out... and you're doing that work for me, in a way I highly agree with and thus find very useful.

So thank you very much.
Well, this just made my week. I'd normally say here that, "You have no idea how happy this comment made me." but as a fellow blogger who's been at it far longer then I, I think you probably have a fair grasp of how uplifting positive feed back like this can be heh.

Also if you got any things in particular you'd like me to cover don't be affair to drop a line.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:51 AM   #26
The_Ryujin

Need some more heavy metal love in your life? The bog standard Dreadnought Heavy Battlesuit not cutting it anymore? Need some custom powered suits for hapless soldiers as they battle the evil space bugs? Then you needs some Power Armor, Powered-Up!

Old 09-08-2016, 02:55 AM   #27
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post

Need some more heavy metal love in your life? The bog standard Dreadnought Heavy Battlesuit not cutting it anymore? Need some custom powered suits for hapless soldiers as they battle the evil space bugs? Then you needs some Power Armor, Powered-Up!
Dude, this is PYRAMID quality material. Why didn't you submit this to tech and toys?

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:21 AM   #28
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Dude, this is PYRAMID quality material. Why didn't you submit this to tech and toys?
Guess, I just didn't see myself quiet at that level yet heh.

But I guess I do still have a few article ideas that might warrant a Pyramid article including a variant of these rules that go into how to build mecha.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:50 AM   #29
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
Guess, I just didn't see myself quiet at that level yet heh.

But I guess I do still have a few article ideas that might warrant a Pyramid article including a variant of these rules that go into how to build mecha.
Well, I think it's awesome. I might even end up using some of your notes (if you are agreeable) when working up my rules for battlesuits in Metatronic Generators.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:54 AM   #30
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Well, I think it's awesome. I might even end up using some of your notes (if you are agreeable) when working up my rules for battlesuits in Metatronic Generators.
Agreeable? Hell, I'd be honored heh.

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps day