Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 10-27-2021, 10:48 AM   #51
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA5 Beta Preview available now [THIRD release out now!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
Big fan of both GCA (4 was great, 5 looks even better) and GGA/Foundry and I was wondering if any coordination/collaboration had occurred to make these two very important pieces of the game (creating/maintaining a character and playing with that character) work together.
Any comments?

Thank You
Sorry, I apparently missed your post when it was new.

I know that there is an export sheet for GCA4, but I don't recall where it is found. Pretty sure it's mentioned in the GGA docs.

I know that a user created an early plugin for exporting GCA5, and I have communicated with one of the authors of GGA for Foundry, and those two folks have communicated with each other. I'm not sure of the current statuses of anything, but I'll try to remember to check in and see how it's going.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #52
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA5 Beta Preview available now [THIRD release out now!]

The FOURTH round Beta Preview installer is now available. If you're new to the thread, details in the first post.

You can find the installer available for download from the same location, which is here:

https://www.sjgames.com/gurps/charac...etapreview.zip

If you want to validate the ZIP after download, there is a PAR2 file here:

https://www.sjgames.com/gurps/charac...eview.zip.par2

The GCA5 installer is within the ZIP file.

If you already have the previous Beta Preview release installed, this should install smoothly over the top in the same location.

Once installed, this should be version 5.0.163.1. (The previous release was 5.0.157.1.)

If you are curious about what has changed, I post release notes for each build on my GCA5 Blog.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:44 PM   #53
Mestre dos Magos

Default Re: GCA5 Beta Preview available now [FOURTH release out now!]

Hi,

I am looking at creating an export plugin for GCA5 that would export characters and npcs to Fantasy Grounds

I am looking at the source code from the "SimpleTextExport" plugin and I have a couple of questions.

Is it ok to use that code as the starting point to create one for FG?
I notice it has copyright info "Copyright © 2016-2021 Armin D. Sykes""

If it is ok to start from there, how should I update the copyright info?

I wanna do this correctly and avoid any legal issues.

Thank you for your time
Mestre dos Magos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #54
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestre dos Magos View Post
Hi,

I am looking at creating an export plugin for GCA5 that would export characters and npcs to Fantasy Grounds

I am looking at the source code from the "SimpleTextExport" plugin and I have a couple of questions.

Is it ok to use that code as the starting point to create one for FG?
I notice it has copyright info "Copyright © 2016-2021 Armin D. Sykes""

If it is ok to start from there, how should I update the copyright info?

I wanna do this correctly and avoid any legal issues.

Thank you for your time
You are absolutely welcome to start with that plugin and to modify away as needed to get where you need to get. You may also find code in other plugins useful, since I don't have any real documentation out for them yet.

I haven't looked into proper licensing text, but I should probably add some kind of note in there providing people the right to modify my plugin code for their own purposes, and to release the modified result.

For the copyright notice, you should probably modify it to something like "Original Source Copyright © 2016-2021 Armin D. Sykes. Used with permission. New material Copyright <your stuff here>"

I'm pretty sure neither SJGames nor I will be hunting anyone down over plugins that require GCA to work, but thank you for checking in.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:59 PM   #55
Mestre dos Magos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
You are absolutely welcome to start with that plugin and to modify away as needed to get where you need to get. You may also find code in other plugins useful, since I don't have any real documentation out for them yet.

I haven't looked into proper licensing text, but I should probably add some kind of note in there providing people the right to modify my plugin code for their own purposes, and to release the modified result.

For the copyright notice, you should probably modify it to something like "Original Source Copyright © 2016-2021 Armin D. Sykes. Used with permission. New material Copyright <your stuff here>"

I'm pretty sure neither SJGames nor I will be hunting anyone down over plugins that require GCA to work, but thank you for checking in.

Hey Thanks a lot for your reply.
I am super excited to start working on this code, and will also provide updates here.
Mestre dos Magos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:18 PM   #56
Celebfin

Huge fan of both GCA4 and GCA5. I apologize if this has already been addressed.

Bug Report - When I print using the default format, the "Base Speed" and "Base Move" both print as "0". The character sheet shows the Base Speed to be 5.25.

Is this an issue or is there a setting that needs to be tweaked?
Celebfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:45 AM   #57
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebfin View Post
Huge fan of both GCA4 and GCA5.
Thanks!

Quote:
I apologize if this has already been addressed.

Bug Report - When I print using the default format, the "Base Speed" and "Base Move" both print as "0". The character sheet shows the Base Speed to be 5.25.

Is this an issue or is there a setting that needs to be tweaked?
I don't know why I did what I just saw in the sheet code, but I think I've fixed it now. Please use Check for Updates from the Help menu to run the package manager. There should be an update for the Official sheet there. I think that will fix the issue.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #58
Celebfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Thanks!

I don't know why I did what I just saw in the sheet code, but I think I've fixed it now. Please use Check for Updates from the Help menu to run the package manager. There should be an update for the Official sheet there. I think that will fix the issue.
That fixed it!

Thank you!!!
Celebfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 01:58 PM   #59
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
That fixed it!

Thank you!!!
You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know about it!
Old 11-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #60
Armin
GCA Prime

I’ve released two new sheets: the Spring Bandit Sheet and the NPC Record Card. More info and whatnot on my GCA5 blog.

Tags
gca5